Defense!

SPuDS

I dunno how anyone thinks Hall comes out... he was pretty fantastic in game one and while he didn't get the glory stats in game 2 he was clearly part of a team effort on defense. He's just a real complete player on the end and much better than the stats showed last game. 

More likely that Harris comes off.  Sounds like Turner could be out for awhile though with a serious rib injury.

Where did you hear this? The Bombers issued a statement saying Turner's injury is sprained chest ligaments and he is questionable for Saturday's game.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-Turner-back-in-city-questionable-for-next-game-214478941.html

Seems to be one of Macks strengths in recruiting for the d-line, finds a lot of guys who are very versatile and able to do a lot of things well. I am really hoping that they can keep up the pressure they've been able to get in the first 2 weeks cause when your d-line is wrecking that kind of havoc on an offensive line it makes everyone elses job a lot easier. 

It's possible that the downfield coverage was real tight too, which gave the Bomber dline time to get to Calvillo. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

The difference so far this season though is that the defence hasn't been getting beat for the big play. They have been able to keep everything in front of them and limit the damage, which is good to see.

hall made a real nice play on a lb that made it out to the flat

That was some sick awareness from Hall on that play - it could have gone for a lot of yards with the RB only needing to beat one guy except for Hall who peeled off his guard and hustled to reduce his angles...

The RB never managed to really get his shoulders turned despite Calvillo throwing a really sharp pass hitting him on the run in the flats - Sick hustle from Hall

Yup...JJ was great...two fumbles on special teams...the last one had the ball in the wrong hand and carrying it like a loaf of bread...could have lost us the game...

Also another pass interference to keep a drive going for Montreal

Yes he was marvelous!

Brandon London had 0 receptions & 1 PI call for 16 yards that game... my understanding is that London is Jovon's responsibility most of the time - Sound like a pretty decent game to me (1 pass for 16 yards)

1 Tackle for 1 yard & an INT other than that - Perfect stats for a CB (if a Corner doesn't have a single tackle in a game he probably did his job unless they got beat deep or had to have the safety make a tackle for them - Cauchy had one tackle on D and it was on Whitaker) - Sounds like a near perfect game for a CB to me... His only tackle was coming up to make a play on an RB and his only pass allowed was for 16 yards (the Penalty)

To all those who are thinking Hall hasn't made enough of an impact this year ... he leads the league in tackles for a loss with 4 through 2 games. On top of that, just to show you how dominant that is ... there are 5 teams with 4 or less TOTAL.

To all those who are thinking Hall hasn't made enough of an impact this year ... he leads the league in tackles for a loss with 4 through 2 games. On top of that, just to show you how dominant that is ... there are 5 teams with 4 or less TOTAL.

I am guessing he is the guy getting the double teams on the line too

Good stat

I watched the game again on the weekend, sober this time (more or less) and watched Hall a lot closer, and yeah I was wrong.  He was awesome.  Kind of like the set-up guy for the other three, that the O-line had to double-team.  Watch that last sack by Turner - Scott Flory is so worried about Hall that he turns to his right expecting Hall to be there, and Turner just runs right by him like a pylon (with violent hands!! to boot) and has a free shot at Calvillo, who doesn't even move and just gets creamed.  I don't expect all our sacks to come this easy, as most other QB's in the league will be able to escape a lot faster than Grandpa Calvillo.  However, it was a thing of beauty to watch that last sack.

The one thing I like about our defensive tackles (whether it be Gilmore or Anderson next to Turner) is that they all have excellent pursuit speed and even though they're huge dudes, they're fast by CFL lineman standards.

I watched the game again on the weekend, sober this time (more or less) and watched Hall a lot closer, and yeah I was wrong.  He was awesome.  Kind of like the set-up guy for the other three, that the O-line had to double-team.  Watch that last sack by Turner - Scott Flory is so worried about Hall that he turns to his right expecting Hall to be there, and Turner just runs right by him like a pylon (with violent hands!! to boot) and has a free shot at Calvillo, who doesn't even move and just gets creamed.  I don't expect all our sacks to come this easy, as most other QB's in the league will be able to escape a lot faster than Grandpa Calvillo.  However, it was a thing of beauty to watch that last sack.

Doug Brown wrote a really interesting article about how that particular sack went down - Apparently that sack was the result of the Bombers running stunts all game  and Turner starting his initial movement like they were running a stunt.  Flory was trying to get the jump on the stunt and sold out to do it.  Turner schooled him pretty hard on that play - Not to say Hall wasn't playing awesome but that was all about Turner selling a stunt and swimming inside hard.

Doug Brown wrote a really interesting article about how that particular sack went down - Apparently that sack was the result of the Bombers running stunts all game  and Turner starting his initial movement like they were running a stunt.  Flory was trying to get the jump on the stunt and sold out to do it.  Turner schooled him pretty hard on that play - Not to say Hall wasn't playing awesome but that was all about Turner selling a stunt and swimming inside hard.

all right well whatever.  Hall was taking out the tackle on that play and leaving Turner to weave his magic one on one against Flory.  Flory just looked awful on that play.  He was probably dead tired due to the heat and humidity and from having all of that speed coming at him all night long.

all right well whatever.  Hall was taking out the tackle on that play and leaving Turner to weave his magic one on one against Flory.  Flory just looked awful on that play.  He was probably dead tired due to the heat and humidity and from having all of that speed coming at him all night long.

I agree Turner made Flory look like a first year rookie on that move... it was beautiful to watch

we got most of our sacks in the 3rd and 4th quarters.  That o-line of Montreal must have been seeing Zach Anderson and Bryant Turner in their sleep on Thursday night.  They were totally exhausted by that 4th quarter, mentally and physically.  I hope we put the same kind of beat-down on Hamilton's o-line on Saturday, and have Burris running for his life all game.

Brandon London had 0 receptions & 1 PI call for 16 yards that game... my understanding is that London is Jovon's responsibility most of the time - Sound like a pretty decent game to me (1 pass for 16 yards)

1 Tackle for 1 yard & an INT other than that - Perfect stats for a CB (if a Corner doesn't have a single tackle in a game he probably did his job unless they got beat deep or had to have the safety make a tackle for them - Cauchy had one tackle on D and it was on Whitaker) - Sounds like a near perfect game for a CB to me... His only tackle was coming up to make a play on an RB and his only pass allowed was for 16 yards (the Penalty)

You conveniently forgot about the two fumbles