A couple seasons to digest: Our new unis

White Out

Do you like our new jerseys?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like our new jerseys?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dear god why couldn't we just have the beautiful 80's jerseys??

Let me preface this by saying I enjoy nostalgia. I think a lot of the jerseys in the 80's were amazing, and the 90's ruined everything. We've had a couple years now with our new uniforms and I have to say I'm amazed at how bad they are in comparison to previous jerseys. Simple question: Do you like the new duds now with some time under them, or, do you long for the 90's or 80's jerseys? Or something new?

Doug-Brown-Winnipeg-Blue-Bombers-2003.jpDunigan.Matt-Wpg6.jpg

crop_20069653203.jpg

The new jerseys are disgusting. They completely overthought the process and should've followed suit with the whole "old is new again" thing that has taken over recently.

Classic, simple, clean. That's how they should have went with it. The current product looks like what happens when a designer gets angry after you take his glue gun and bedazzling kit away. Too many lines, colored trims and other nonsense just for the sake of being new.

Home jersey - royal blue, white numbers, gold trim.

Away jersey - white, royal blue numbers, gold trim.

But remember, those jerseys were designed after extensive fan consultation.  That's what the fans said they wanted.  

Allow me to now show my age and lack of creativity by dropping a Dr. Evil "riiiiiiiight."  

Did someone at the BB org actually have the stones to say this? Im pretty sure our 3rd jersey royal blues are selling more than the garbage home and away.

Oh and speaking of away... we literally have the worst away jerseys in North America.

But remember, those jerseys were designed after extensive fan consultation.  That's what the fans said they wanted.  

Allow me to now show my age and lack of creativity by dropping a Dr. Evil "riiiiiiiight."  

Did someone at the BB org actually have the stones to say this? Im pretty sure our 3rd jersey royal blues are selling more than the garbage home and away.

Oh and speaking of away... we literally have the worst away jerseys in North America?

Try the world, even worse than some of those putrid WLAF unis in the 90's :(

While I still far prefer the royal blues, I don't really hate the uniforms as much now. I actually really like our away ones. The home ones are still meh. They overdid it and so it looks weird. Because of the design, they also look terrible when fans wear them. Shoulder pads are needed for it to look decent. If not you end up with trim for the shoulders down on the fans' arms.

I don't mind our uniforms because the colours Blue and Gold signify the colours of this team, the Blue Bombers.

The different styles throughout the years will always invoke a difference of opinion.

I love those colours and much prefer them to many, many (if not all) uniform colours.

Now that we're going to be turning things around in Bomberland, I want the players to be wearing those colours proudly.

And that's what I really care about.

In the NFL, the Jets went back to their old look as did the 49ers with some subtle changes such as the logo on the helmets being slightly different as well as a deeper gold for the pants & smaller striping. Being a 49ers fan & having some gear as well as spending time in the Bay Area with some fans I know, the Niners fans love the old look better than what they had before. It evokes the Glory Years  of the 80's with Joe Montana, Jerry Rice & Ronnie Lott for all of them. We need to go to that old look as well. The third unis are great & the old road unis from the 80's would look outstanding as well. It seems to be what fans want but the Bombers just don't listen.

The thing I hate even more the colour schemes is the heavy material they're made from. Loves the light, airy unis we've had up till this point. Even the royal blues they came out with last year aren't as nice as the royal blues from a couple years ago, because of the heavyness of the material.

The royal blues are small. I usually take an  XL or a 2XL. I tried on the new Bomber third jersey last fall & I fit into a 4XL. The #5 Dieter Brock jersey I have from 2010 is a 2XL &  it fits really well. Not too big or too snug. I have no idea why Reebok is messing with the sizes they way they do. The staff at the Bomber Store told me the sizes for the jerseys now are smaller as they are designed & cut differently. Most fans aren't shaped like athletes & want to wear a   jersey over a jacket, shirt or hoodie so Reebok is really stupid to go to a snug design for retail sales.

The royal blues are small. I usually take an XL or a 2XL.... I tried on the new Bomber third jersey last fall & I fit into a 3XL. The #5 Dieter Brock jersey I have from 2010 is an XL & it still fits really well. Not too big or too snug. I have no idea why Reebok is messing with the sizes they way they do. The staff at the Bomber Store told me the sizes for the jerseys now are smaller. Most fans are out of shape & want to wear a jersey over a jacket, shirt or hoodie so Reebok is really stupid to go to a snug design for retail sales.

Most fans are out of shape??? Not sure I'd agree with that.

The royal blues are small. I usually take an XL or a 2XL.... I tried on the new Bomber third jersey last fall & I fit into a 3XL. The #5 Dieter Brock jersey I have from 2010 is an XL & it still fits really well. Not too big or too snug. I have no idea why Reebok is messing with the sizes they way they do. The staff at the Bomber Store told me the sizes for the jerseys now are smaller. Most fans are out of shape & want to wear a jersey over a jacket, shirt or hoodie so Reebok is really stupid to go to a snug design for retail sales.

Most fans are out of shape??? Not sure I'd agree with that.

he's trying to make himself feel better...but let's not turn this into another thread with a bunch of Delta Bravo's talking about their reps....*fart noise*

I'm 52 and still fit my 32 jeans. I play hockey once or twice a week and try to keep active. That being said, I would agree that the majority of fans are out of shape and prolly need the larger fit jersey. Except for those with health or mobility issues, agreeing with that does not endorse the excuse for the lifestyle of inacitivty or obesity however :)