Edwards Announces Retirement

voodoochylde

Was an awesome Bomber and always seemed like a good guy.

While I'll always remember Milt for his TD's and Charlie for his spin moves, TE will be remembered for sacrificing his body time after time going up for balls that other guys (all younger) shy'd away from...I guess that's why he had such a great career. Again too bad he's retiring without a GC.

Thanks for your skills and leadership Terrance!

@CFL_News: Why did Terrance Edwards retire? The #Bombers slotback said his body is tired and starting to break down. via @WinnipegNews #CFL

@CFL_News: Edwards also added that there were problems in the #Bombers locker-room last year. via @winnipegnews #CFL

Hmmm....wonder what problems? Seems unusual for a team with a 3-15 record and a vacant stare for a head coach.

a team with a lame duck head coach that fired a GM mid season had locker room troubles? The hell you say.

I'm always a sucker for CFL gossip, but I would bet this last year was a doozy in terms of the crap that went on in that locker room.

I'd really like to hear the dirt from Hall and Goltz and maybe Elliott as well from the year prior....  it would be very very interesting stuff.  

As for Edwards....  he was a very good player... wouldn't say he was elite.   He was the perfect 3rd option receiver but didn't quite take it over when Milt retired and when he had to step up and be the #1 guy.   Overall though a very good career with the Blue and at least he went out without any huge injuries like Lewis.     He definitely would be a perfect TC coach to help teach the receivers on how to plead to refs that they were being interfered with. 

As for Edwards....  he was a very good player... wouldn't say he was elite.   He was the perfect 3rd option receiver but didn't quite take it over when Milt retired and when he had to step up and be the #1 guy.   Overall though a very good career with the Blue and at least he went out without any huge injuries like Lewis.     He definitely would be a perfect TC coach to help teach the receivers on how to plead to refs that they were being interfered with. 

#3 option?  Oh for christ's sake, who do you think was our leading receiver in 2007, back when we the best passing attack in the league?

Edwards, much like Milt before him, annually put up 1000 yards no matter who was at quarterback -- except for the one year when he had Bishop and LeFors and Casey Bramlet to work with, he only put up 800 then.  Edwards would have been a 1500-yard man with Calvillo or Ricky Ray throwing him the ball.

Edwards I dont think was as good as guys like Stegall, Gordon, Armstrong, Simon, Bruce Etc...

Im not saying he was bad, I just didn't think he was elite like the guys I mentioned above.

He really shined when he wasn't the main guy going up against double coverage and the best players on the oppositions defense.

2007 - 2nd in the league in receiving yards and touchdowns

2008 - missed 3 games, still went over 1000 yards and only finished 13th because it was one of the craziest passing years in recent memory

2009 - down year ... the forgotten year

2010 - 2nd in the league in receiving yards and touchdowns (1300+ yards)

2011 - 7th in the league in receiving yards, 3rd in touchdowns

2012 - 8th in the league in receiving yards

8th in the league or better in an 8 team league does NOT equate to a "perfect 3rd option"

Edwards was an elite receiver. One of the league's best for a period of 6-7 years. And considering who he had tossing him the rock for the majority of the time, it's even more impressive.

Perhaps my memories are tainted with his constant crying to the refs and half efforts going to the ball in the last two years.

Maybe this is good that we are shedding the old players and bringing in new blood from winning teams.

We did no such thing, he retired on his own terms which I respect enormously.

Perhaps my memories are tainted with his constant crying to the refs and half efforts going to the ball in the last two years.

Maybe this is good that we are shedding the old players and bringing in new blood from winning teams.

Unless you believe friesen who claims he was forced out

Unless you believe friesen who claims he was forced out

I can't stand Friesen but that's not what he meant. He was just saying that like Stegall and Brown, TE was forced to retire without winning a ring. As in ... he didn't win a ring before his time was up.

Did he really though.... Why wouldn't he of retired before the dispersal draft then.... We could of kept Miles potentially had he done that.

Did he really though.... Why wouldn't he of retired before the dispersal draft then.... We could of kept Miles potentially had he done that.

That's an interesting point, but it's not Edwards' responsibility to make sure all the right strategic moves are being made at the right time. He chose to retire when he did because it was the right time for him (we assume), or perhaps he decided for himself following the expansion draft that he didn't want to return anymore. Who knows.

I for one am glad that TE retired as a Blue Bomber, and not a recently drafted redblack.