Pre-Season Game #2: Bombers @ Ticats - Kickoff @ 6:00 Ct

TrueBlue

So for those who are interested I pulled the stats off of TSN

Goltz  was    12 - 21  101 yards  2 ints     longest pass - 20

Clement was 4 -11     21  yards  3 ints     longest pass -  6

Hall  was        2 - 5     12 yards    1 int      longest pass - 7

Poblah was    1 - 1      9  yards                 longest pass - 9

Sadly Kito Poblah moved the ball more then the other 2 guys!! 

Burris was  13  - 17 198 yards 0 ints  2 tds  longest pass - 58

LeFevour was 7-10 80 yards   0 ints  0 tds  longest pass - 27

Leading receivers were 

Doug Pierce  4 rec  30 yards

Brett Carter  3 rec  18 yards

Hamilton had a bunch of guys with a few receptions

Rushing stats 

Chris Garrett 7 rush  -  16 yards - 2.29 avg

Carl Volny     2 rush  -   20 yards  -  10 avg

Anthong Woodson   3 rush -   negative 3 yards  -  negative 1 average

Lindsey Lamar  4 rush - 24 yards - 6 avg

Only positives from looking strictly at the stats is Renaud and Pavalapoplolouslavalolpos  both had solid punting stats,   we didnt' allow that many rushing yards and we didn't attempt 1 field goal even!! 

I guess my biggest concern tonight is that it's hard to evaluate some of the important positions since they were all surrounded with young guys and many that won't make the team. Really, it's hard to separate which backup qb might have a chance for success, which defensive back should be the next guy up in the rotation, etc.

Honestly as much as you can tell from just the radio I thought Goltz played pretty well, obviously if you're just going by the stats people will get on him for the ints, but we have no idea if they were receivers running the wrong routes or what happened. He was able to move the ball and Pierce and Etienne seemed to be making catches for him. 

I was disappointed in Hall and Clement though,

Burke said he felt the defense did well, I agree with him, they sacked Burris a couple times, only gave up a few real big plays, was mostly the bad field position on account of turnovers that led to the scoring for Hamilton. 

The score doesn't say it, but this game was actually more encouraging to me than last weeks game was... and it's still really not all that meaningful in the grand scheme of things. We took basically none of the starters! Most of these guys will wind up being cut before the regular season opens. 

What is especially disturbing is that we were schooled by Lindsay Lamar, Erik Harris, Raymond Brown and Greg Ellingson...  as in, the guys that won't make Hamilton's team just destroyed the guys that won't make our team...

Not sure about this rookie plan anymore.  I just wonder what our locker room is like... I mean we're the only team to get severely manhandled in the pre-season.  Sure hope its really is meaningless.

Honestly as much as you can tell from just the radio I thought Goltz played pretty well, obviously if you're just going by the stats people will get on him for the ints, but we have no idea if they were receivers running the wrong routes or what happened. He was able to move the ball and Pierce and Etienne seemed to be making catches for him. 

I was disappointed in Hall and Clement though,

Burke said he felt the defense did well, I agree with him, they sacked Burris a couple times, only gave up a few real big plays, was mostly the bad field position on account of turnovers that led to the scoring for Hamilton. 

The score doesn't say it, but this game was actually more encouraging to me than last weeks game was... and it's still really not all that meaningful in the grand scheme of things. We took basically none of the starters! Most of these guys will wind up being cut before the regular season opens. 

I appreciate your optimism after last night. It's not easy to be that way after a 52-0 score. 

What is especially disturbing is that we were schooled by Lindsay Lamar, Erik Harris, Raymond Brown and Greg Ellingson...  as in, the guys that won't make Hamilton's team just destroyed the guys that won't make our team...

Not sure about this rookie plan anymore.  I just wonder what our locker room is like... I mean we're the only team to get severely manhandled in the pre-season.  Sure hope its really is meaningless.

Ellingson will make this team. Austin loves him.

The score doesn't say it, but this game was actually more encouraging to me than last weeks game was...

How so? Aside from the punting what was good? Remember in years past we struggled to justify in cutting guys because they were so good? Seems like the guys they brought in this year were absolute $hite.

Managed to watch recording of game.

For every one good Goltz play he made a boneheaded  mental mistake - pick for a TD was extremely weak. In other words he's a rookie and a work in progress. If that's what the org. has settled on for the inevitible Pierce injury then Bomber fans have got to lower expectations and be prepared for losses.

Managed to watch recording of game.

For every one good Goltz play he made a boneheaded  mental mistake - pick for a TD was extremely weak. In other words he's a rookie and a work in progress. If that's what the org. has settled on for the inevitible Pierce injury then Bomber fans have got to lower expectations and be prepared for losses.

Provide us the recording or it didn't happen! ;-)

Provide us the recording or it didn't happen! ;-)

It was hard for me to watch at times too. Knowing what calibre of player WPG sent and the meaningless-ness of ex. games at the best of times.

Goltz : A fine physical specimen but didnt see what made him superior over Elliot or Brink.

It was hard for me to watch at times too. Knowing what calibre of player WPG sent and the meaningless-ness of ex. games at the best of times.

Goltz : A fine physical specimen but didnt see what made him superior over Elliot or Brink.

Burke didn't like Elliott and Brink was too easy to defend. Pressure him and his accuracy goes out the window. There's lots to like about Goltz physical skills, he just needs experience. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, especially with Clement and Hall struggling, cutitng Elliott was a mistake because he was the closest the bombers had to a guy actually able to play once Pierce gets hurt. 

How so? Aside from the punting what was good? Remember in years past we struggled to justify in cutting guys because they were so good? Seems like the guys they brought in this year were absolute white.

There were times they actually moved the ball, the defense all things considered did a solid job,  again if you focus on the score and the turnovers only you're going to say it was a horrible game, and it was, but considering the roster there were enough things happened to say that it wasn't a total write off.

Moving the ball isn't enough, anything less then scoring points is a failure. It's been a long long time since we put on a good offense, the team can't go another year of crap offense that cant put points on the board.

it's ******* exhibition with B and C teamers, moving the ball IS enough. Ditch the shitty attitude and you'll worry far less about the results of preseason games.

I mean seriously, are we going to skewer Goltz because they couldn't make a play at the endzone with maybe, and I mean maybe one receiver who is going to be a starter? If he's throwing from near the goal line with Edwards and Matthews and Watson in the game I expect things to be a lot different. 

Are we skewering the offense because one of the backup NI rbs fumbled in a scoring position? How often do you see Chad Simpson put the ball on the ground in situations like that? Are you going to see Matthews or Edwards or those guyts volleying up passes to be picked off as regularly as we saw last night? 

Certain people on this board badly need to learn about perspective rather than just being so god damned negative all the time.