Major Football Ops Announcement @ 12:30 Today: Mike O'Shea New Bombers HC

Mike

Burke , as the archtiect of "Swaggerville", had the team in the palm of his hand and still screwed the pooch. O'Shea wasnt even a DC and gets promoted with less coaching experience than Kavis Reed.

Sceptical on this hire.

You loved the George Cortez hire, so I'm okay with your opinion.

Compare their coaching resumes before making the jump to HC and you would see why. Far as I can see O'shea was hired because ...

1. He was a good player on good teams. 2 . He coached something.

You're right. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he is regarded as one of the best on-field leaders in the history of the CFL.

I'll jump in on this one. Although I was hoping for Cortez, I don't mind the hire and yes, you're right, great on-field leader in O'shea. However, the 64 dollar question that will be answered in time, does that translate into being a great head coach? I hope so. Look at Wayne Gretzky, great on-ice leader, average Head coach. It's not always a slam dunk. But anything looks good right now considering what we've endured that past few seasons and the direction our expectations took, e.g., wanting to win to getting a high draft pick. 

CJOB just ended the broadcast.  Was there more then just "I'm the new head coach and that's all I have to say."?

1290 is still going.

That's why I didn't even bother with CJOB, 60% commercials and cutting press conferences short in order to get back to speaking with the cast of Big Brother.