What *if* the Blue keep Burke as HC

Brandon

What if they hire Khari as oc and anyone new as DC and they retain Burke as hc.

They bring in Collaros and some o line help.

Do you think the team could do well?

Could the players respond or change there attitude and actually excel.

Do you think that it is at all plausible that the reason this team sucked was all on Joe Mack and lack of qb.

Would you have any hope with Burke as hc.

If they retain Burke the team will still suck. They will still not be prepared on game day and will still get their asses handed to them week in and week out. Burke is not a good head coach plain and simple and regardless of any talent issues the team may have they will never live up to the potential that they may have with Burke as head coach. 

The online fan community would be suicidal.  But ultimately, by next June optimism would rule the day.  Its going to be all about the talent that turns over and then how the team plays.  I know most players arent going to speak out negatively but when you hear from the players they all seem to like/respect Burke.  Is it BS? Maybe.  But players seem to be more focused on the lack of talent and the youth as the issue.

With that being said, I'd rather see him return to DC but I can't see that happen.  He was asked if that was possible on the coach's show and he declined to comment saying he wouldnt know how he'd feel if he was fired as HC.  I dont know what he is paid, but if the Bombers offered him his current salary to be DC and work out his contract, would he take it.

So those advocating Burke as DC are going to saddle an incoming HC and GM with a DC he may not want and a PP guy he may not want. Guess you are setting him up to play the recurring blame game. These weren't my guys. Stop the cycle of fan abuse.

I'd think that Miller is brokering this behind the scenes and is discussing with the new HC (Khari?) if they'd be willing to keep Burke on as DC for another year or two.

I'm

Not sure they'd sell less tickets, seasons or individuals. It's all about the roster moves. If they have a good team on paper by next spring they will sell season tickets. You're not going to have 10,000 season ticket holders dump their tickets en mass. You may have some. But they might be made up for by new ticket buyers.

And I certainly agree the new coach should pick his assistants but if Burke is willing, he's potentially the best DC in the league.

If he's still there, I'm out. Plain and simple.

I'll still follow the team, I'll still watch CFL football, and I'll keep my Bomber plates on my car -- but I'm not giving them 1 cent of my money. I missed so many games this year, which any other season I've had season tickets has been painful and heartbreaking, but this year meant nothing. I missed 3 games "just because". Didn't feel like the hassle to get to the other side of town was worth it.

Another season with Burke, and the $300+ per year just wouldn't return any value for me.