What *if* the Blue keep Burke as HC

Brandon

I don't think keeping Burke anywhere near this team in any capacity makes any lick of sense. *If* he's back as HC, it's not complicated: more apathy, less fans and another 4 win or less season.

I don't care how much our o-line improves, or who we bring in at QB or GM...you need a leader and motivator as a HC, Burke is neither.

I don't think keeping Burke anywhere near this team in any capacity makes any lick of sense. *If* he's back as HC, it's not complicated: more apathy, less fans and another 4 win or less season.

I don't care how much our o-line improves, or who we bring in at QB or GM...you need a leader and motivator as a HC, Burke is neither.

You wonder how much the Bombers want to really piss off the fanbase. #BombersClueless

I wonder what the chances are of LaPo being hired as Ottawa's new HC?

We'll get a chance to see how hard Paul LaPolice is pushing for the gig in Ottawa by the amount/combination of the colours red and black in tomorrow's broadcast of the semi-finals on TSN.

But maybe Paul has competition for the HC gig in Ottawa if the persistent, yet unfounded rumours, that the former HC in Edmonton is petitioning to have his name changed to Kavis Reedblack

What if they hire Khari as oc and anyone new as DC and they retain Burke as hc.

They bring in Collaros and some o line help.

Do you think the team could do well?

Could the players respond or change there attitude and actually excel.

Do you think that it is at all plausible that the reason this team sucked was all on Joe Mack and lack of qb.

Would you have any hope with Burke as hc.

no

Do you think that it is at all plausible that the reason this team sucked was all on Joe Mack and lack of qb.

no

x2. Why this love for such a brutal head coach? What is he, something like 6-22??? I listened to the Coaches Show earlier this week & people calling in saying they hope he comes back. The man is a loser. We'll never win with Burke. Get rid of him.

It's possible. The factor most coaches cite for their success is player talent, where we are clearly bottom 25 percent. But Burke looks more like a bad coach stuck with mediocre talent than a potential great HC caught in a bad situation. We have suffered enough; if there is another head coach experiment in Burke's future, with more favourable variables, let another CFL franchise play the Guinea pig.

No, because if a Tim Burke-led team can win a bunch of football games, then I just don't understand the Canadian Football League anymore and essentially my whole understanding of the way the world works go along with it.

My spiral into insanity would probably start with work -- I'd start behaving more erratically, throwing things at the wall and shouting, "One of these has to stick! It finally did for the Bombers!" I'd be fired.

Then it'd move to my relationships with my girlfriend and friends. Anytime I'd stub my toe or stay up too late watching TV, I'd email the local media and tell them how it's my girlfriend's fault I didn't sleep well or that I was trying to answer a call from my friend when I walked right into that potted plant. When they'd ask why I'm throwing those close to me under the bus, I'd take out a full-page editorial exclaiming that somehow this has turned into wins for Tim Burke, so even though I understood the world differently, this is the way the rules of the universe work now!

By the end, I'll just be running around town doing exactly the opposite of what logic tells me to do, knowing that boneheaded decisions inexplicably lead to success. When confronted by the police for my clearly out-of-control behaviour -- including vandalism, public indecency, and theft -- I'll come up with reasons left and right why all that stuff was stolen or why my pants were off. None of those reasons will include me admitting in any way that I've failed as a functioning member of society. It couldn't possibly be my fault! And besides, I'll say, this kind of oblivious, no-responsibility, chaotic attitude is a winning one!

I'll spend the rest of my days attempting to convince psychiatrists that I'm not crazy -- I'm just a Bomber fan.

No, because if a Tim Burke-led team can win a bunch of football games, then I just don't understand the Canadian Football League anymore and essentially my whole understanding of the way the world works go along with it.

My spiral into insanity would probably start with work -- I'd start behaving more erratically, throwing things at the wall and shouting, "One of these has to stick! It finally did for the Bombers!" I'd be fired.

Then it'd move to my relationships with my girlfriend and friends. Anytime I'd stub my toe or stay up too late watching TV, I'd email the local media and tell them how it's my girlfriend's fault I didn't sleep well or that I was trying to answer a call from my friend when I walked right into that potted plant. When they'd ask why I'm throwing those close to me under the bus, I'd take out a full-page editorial exclaiming that somehow this has turned into wins for Tim Burke, so even though I understood the world differently, this is the way the rules of the universe work now!

By the end, I'll just be running around town doing exactly the opposite of what logic tells me to do, knowing that boneheaded decisions inexplicably lead to success. When confronted by the police for my clearly out-of-control behaviour -- including vandalism, public indecency, and theft -- I'll come up with reasons left and right why all that stuff was stolen or why my pants were off. None of those reasons will include me admitting in any way that I've failed as a functioning member of society. It couldn't possibly be my fault! And besides, I'll say, this kind of oblivious, no-responsibility, chaotic attitude is a winning one!

I'll spend the rest of my days attempting to convince psychiatrists that I'm not crazy -- I'm just a Bomber fan.

Support

Help stop Tim Burke disease. Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.