Oakland Waives Christo Bilukidi

Mr Dee

It's actually just one of Penton's random musings. Here's the original source (it was syndicated in the Toronto Sun):

How's this for an idea? Jim Barker as the new GM in Winnipeg. He would consider an upper management position and doesn't want to coach anymore. Wade Miller would have to be a consultant to the board and basically name Barker GM/president

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/22/season-of-new-quarterback-in-cfl

Not a random Penton musing, a quote from a league source.

OK then, a random league musing 'quote'.

Ugh no Barker please. 

Curious as to why you feel that way? Very successful GM in Calgary & Toronto. Ton of contacts down south in the NFL & NCAA. Known in the football world as a good guy. Maybe he'd be willing to leave Toronto to be closer to Calgary where he has immediate family. I think he'd be a great addition. Or Higgins.

1. I'd take Barker.

2. Given his pending free agency as 3rd rounder for Collaros seems fair.

Hopefully he trades Collaros here for Steve Morely before making the jump.

uh... no. Morley, Boatman, Dewitt, Parenteau... you can keep 'em all. (i'd take January back though)

Ugh no Barker please. 

Curious as to why you feel that way? Very successful GM in Calgary & Toronto. Ton of contacts down south in the NFL & NCAA. Known in the football world as a good guy. Maybe he'd be willing to leave Toronto to be closer to Calgary where he has immediate family. I think he'd be a great addition. Or Higgins.

Cause he's an arrogant smug jackass and every time I hear him talk I want to punch babies. 

John Murphy!!!

Although if Barkers actually available he'd probably be the best option.

Don't get all the hate for the possibility of Barker.  He turned around the long moribund Argonauts.  We have had a very bad football team for the better part of the past 5 years.  Square peg meet square hole.

Murphy on the other hand, I'm not sold.  Huffer is basically the football czar out in Cowtown.  This being the case, I'm unsure the database's resume is any more proven than Walters'. 

He turned around the long moribund Argonauts.  

yeah but no one is going to hand up RIcky Ray on a silver platter. 

True, but look at the pieces around Ray.  The OL is very solid and full of CFL draftees... Eppele, Holmes, Reinders are all Barker drafts.  Van Zeyl's starting at RT right now. The WR corps is very good (most if not all are Barker finds). 

To play devil's advocate, leave Barker in T.O. and bring Ray in with our existing OL and WR corps, and compare the results with Ray's the last 2 seasons. 

Bottom line - Barker played a significant role in the Argo rebuild.  He came off as a dickish coach on TV in that Argos show, and was middling as an HC at best... but we're talking about him coming to be our GM.  Given his work on personnel in Toronto, doesn't his body of work support him as a frontrunner?

Is there the possibility Barker could bring Murphy here in some capacity ? I believe they worked together in Calgary. I don't really care who is brought in.

This team is a joke right now and will remain a joke unless they start to bring people who know how to win. The BOD dropped the ball by hiring Mack and Lapo rather than Barker and Milanovich. The Argos turned things around once they hired Barker. I'd rather have an ...hole running the club and winning the than some media friendly, "says all the right things" type of guy who continues losing. The game is about winning and Barker has proven he can do the job. I am quite certain if Barker can do to the Bombers what he was able to do in Calgary and Toronto all you haters will be gushing over him.

At this point Ricky Ray is in this groove because of the talent around him. Probably the most talent around him since he had Tucker and Hervey.

I wasn't aware that Romby Bryant was a superstar.....

At this point Ricky Ray is in this groove because of the talent around him. Probably the most talent around him since he had Tucker and Hervey.

I wasn't aware that Romby Bryant was a superstar.....

What Bryant had going for him last night was the Bombers fear of Owens on the one touchdown everyone bailed on the hitch and they hit Romby over the top. This is what happens when you have a lot play makers on the field.