Oakland Waives Christo Bilukidi

Mr Dee

that wouldnt be a wise choice imo. bilukidi has potential to be the next doug brown.. a perennial allstar and a rock on our dline (if we can keep resigning him) trading that possibility for a qb who could be a product of the system and players in toronto isnt worth it.. id much rather trade a pick or player thats here..

Who says Muamba is a lock for coming back....

Maybe we can trade Biks rights to Toronto for Collaros.

could be a good deal for both sides... but i wouldn't do it if i was Winnipeg at this time. not because i don't think that it's a fair exchange of values, but because you may not have your starting NI LB after Feb 15 so trading away a prospective starting NI until the one you have is locked in is a bit dicey.

LOL - I can see it now - first play from scrimmage in 2014 - Bilukidi rips between Sorensen and Pencer and jumps on Collaros, who promptly wrecks his shoulder and is done for the year.  And we go through another year of Hall-Goltz-Boltus etc....

could be a good deal for both sides... but i wouldn't do it if i was Winnipeg at this time. not because i don't think that it's a fair exchange of values, but because you may not have your starting NI LB after Feb 15 so trading away a prospective starting NI until the one you have is locked in is a bit dicey.

agree on that. besides collaros is a free agent why trade if the bombers can get him from free agency. 

agree on that. besides collaros is a free agent why trade if the bombers can get him from free agency. 

Because Ottawa can acquire his rights for nothing and have him signed by February 15.  If the Bombers identify Collaros as they guy they want, they need to move on him before the expansion draft.

agree with JBR. 

IF the Bomber management/personnel team (whoever that may end up as*) identify Collaros as their man, they have to be ruthless in pursuing him. this means dealing for him and getting him locked up prior to Ottawa getting a shot at him in December or Hamilton and Montreal taking a run at him in February. but heck... there's other guys out there and maybe he isn't their guy.

so yeah, trading an NI prospect (who frankly, may stay south for another year or two pursuing his NFL dream) to get your shot at a potential long-term solution at QB is a good value.

*interesting rumour about this on Argofans this week

I think the offer would be a draft pick this year, maybe our 3rd, and a conditional 1st in 2015 based on the Bombers signing Collaros.

Barker would have to decide if that's better value than being able to protect his 7th and 8th non-imports.  Who knows, maybe he makes that decision knowing in the back of his mind he's heading to Winnipeg to be football operations overlord.

Well if they want the jump on Collaros then who do we have to trade? Unless the Argos want maybe a guy like Sears I can't see to many guys they would want from us....

actually, i think that JBRs 3rd rounder plus a conditional 1st isn't unreasonable. but i also think that the rights to Bilukidi is a fair offer too. heck, we're losing the guy anyway...

agree with JBR. 

IF the Bomber management/personnel team (whoever that may end up as*) identify Collaros as their man, they have to be ruthless in pursuing him. this means dealing for him and getting him locked up prior to Ottawa getting a shot at him in December or Hamilton and Montreal taking a run at him in February. but heck... there's other guys out there and maybe he isn't their guy.

so yeah, trading an NI prospect (who frankly, may stay south for another year or two pursuing his NFL dream) to get your shot at a potential long-term solution at QB is a good value.

Can you post a link?  I feel vulnerable in unfamiliar territory.   :wub:

Well if they want the jump on Collaros then who do we have to trade? Unless the Argos want maybe a guy like Sears I can't see to many guys they would want from us....

actually, i think that JBRs 3rd rounder plus a conditional 1st isn't unreasonable. but i also think that the rights to Bilukidi is a fair offer too. heck, we're losing the guy anyway...

yeah that could work.  What about JBR's theory that Barker might be offered the chair in Winnipeg?  Would he want it?

Nobody wants to acquire players unless they have room to protect them in the draft.  Argos also need compensation for losing a better NI than they would if they had Collaros as bait in the draft.

agree with JBR. 

Can you post a link?  I feel vulnerable in unfamiliar territory.   :wub:

yeah that could work.  What about JBR's theory that Barker might be offered the chair in Winnipeg?  Would he want it?

JBR kinda tipped it already, it's the Barker to Winnipeg thread on the first page of the Double Blue room

It's actually just one of Penton's random musings. Here's the original source (it was syndicated in the Toronto Sun):

How's this for an idea? Jim Barker as the new GM in Winnipeg. He would consider an upper management position and doesn't want to coach anymore. Wade Miller would have to be a consultant to the board and basically name Barker GM/president

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/22/season-of-new-quarterback-in-cfl

It's actually just one of Penton's random musings. Here's the original source (it was syndicated in the Toronto Sun):

How's this for an idea? Jim Barker as the new GM in Winnipeg. He would consider an upper management position and doesn't want to coach anymore. Wade Miller would have to be a consultant to the board and basically name Barker GM/president

So yeah, you're choice of words is apropos...random musings.

Not a random Penton musing, a quote from a league source.