Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aug 28 vs Montreal

  • Replies 577
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • rebusrankin
    rebusrankin

    We increase the number of linebackers on the roster to 11.

  • bigg jay
    bigg jay

    I, for one, never had any doubt...

  • Best game we played in several yrs. This looked more like the team we have known before and they definitely did their work during the week. Now if they can string this kinda effort and execution toget

Featured Replies

Vaval - the most lethal DB/kick returner combo player we've had since the days of Paul Bennett lol....

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lots of talk about how much better we were without Nichols but we still gave up 4 TDs and a ton of big plays.

that's a super duper negative way to look at...oh never mind...

For a smaller guy mass wise...he punches about 2 divisions higher thats for sure

3 hours ago, Booch said:

receivers made catches they weren't...Oline was making blocks they haven't...2 new DBs playing only due to injury showed they belong...guys didn't quit on plays...that was the difference...a lot of the players who were crapped on with osh actually played well....and....it was 1 game....see this in 3 or 4 straight now.

He still had some blank spots on the roster which make zero sense...It's not like he did anything different...he even said the process is the process. I'll give him credit tho where due...other than not throwing his flag on the blocking downfield penalty that was a load of crap...he didn't make any bone headed decisions.

safety doesn't need to be a monster either..needs to be smart...have eyes to see things.... direct others...Look at Kelly...he's built like a 12 yr old, and always seems out of position or out leveraged...so basically shows he isn't seeing things right...or is slow as hell with his recogniotiton

But when receivers don't make catches, and guys are missing blocks, you're always the first guy to say that's because MOS didn't have them prepared. So you just admitted this game they did those things, so it must be the coach had them prepared right?

21 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

But when receivers don't make catches, and guys are missing blocks, you're always the first guy to say that's because MOS didn't have them prepared. So you just admitted this game they did those things, so it must be the coach had them prepared right?

No..they not good enough...havnt obviously practiced enough reason for that. Thats basic football fundamentals that have been an issue all yr.

coming out being out schemed..not adjusting or adapting to game flow...poor execution from say lack of practice reos..thats not being properly prepared...a coach can't tackle and catch for them...but he can run practices to hone fundamentals tho..maybe he did...doubt it tho.

Masterful coaching job this week. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Players played hard..MOS has not lost this room...Condell awesome playcaliing...Younger pointed our guys downhill for a change.

Locker room leaders like Tony Jones and Neufeld stepped up their physicality as well and it was infectious.

Edited by GCn20

I was always on offence guy....those with better defence knowledge please correct me if I am incorrect, but Youngers system looked different yesterday. Jones in particular looked to be used totally different.....we didn't appear to go to a blanket as much we seemed far more aggressive

I am also really beginning to love our Dline....

I also agree that Kelly has a use but not the way he is being used currently...

I still would like 1 more oline for depth, and to see an import in one more receiver spot

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Masterful coaching job this week. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Players played hard..MOS has not lost this room...Condell awesome playcaliing...Younger pointed our guys downhill for a change.

Locker room leaders like Tony Jones and Neufeld stepped up their physicality as well and it was infectious.

Condell definitely earned his paycheque...Impressive...The use of the receivers we had rostered was best all season too, and hopefully a trend and not an anomoly

You could see from get go Neuf was in mad mode and it rubbed off...

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Those penalties Neuf took were bad but boy did they set the tone. "Nasty Neuf" is back baby! I still remember the hot mic of Neuf yelling at the Sask Dline in the ESF in 2018 as he and the oline roadgraded them down the field," you're bleeping *******!!" Ha ha ha that's the Neuf we need. The young guys pick that attitude up fast, and it's a good thing(without the penalties lol)....

Neufeld will be in the CFHOF someday. He's that good.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Vaval - the most lethal DB/kick returner combo player we've had since the days of Paul Bennett lol....

that's a super duper negative way to look at...oh never mind...

Had some fun times Paul Bennett, Dan Huclack and Brett McNeill, those old boys could get after it I'll tell ya

I have nothing to contribute to the usual vibe around here but just wanted to say that I loved everything about Paddy Neufeld's game last night. As veterans should do, he showed the intensity needed from everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Had some fun times Paul Bennett, Dan Huclack and Brett McNeill, those old boys could get after it I'll tell ya

I remember you.Aren't you a former player named...

OIP.Yn6ljUA4sMd_aHj9AJoeSAAAAA?r=0&pid=Api&h=220&P=0

I got to know Bill Baker (the Undertaker) and heard a lot of stories about that era. Those guys were playing coming off of big benders almost every game. He told me when he sacked Warren Moon in the end zone on his last game in the CFL in 1978 he had to go throw up on the sidelines because he was so hung over. Charles Roberts and Tom Canada had nothing on players from that era lol....

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have nothing to contribute to the usual vibe around here but just wanted to say that I loved everything about Paddy Neufeld's game last night. As veterans should do, he showed the intensity needed from everyone else.

He set the tone big time, I loved it

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I got to know Bill Baker (the Undertaker) and heard a lot of stories about that era. Those guys were playing coming off of big benders almost every game. He told me when he sacked Warren Moon in the end zone on his last game in the CFL in 1978 he had to go throw up on the sidelines because he was so hung over. Charles Roberts and Tom Canada had nothing on players from that era lol....

Absolutely. Gerald Wilcox was too much for me man!

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have nothing to contribute to the usual vibe around here but just wanted to say that I loved everything about Paddy Neufeld's game last night. As veterans should do, he showed the intensity needed from everyone else.

You're earned an I told you so

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think both were a problem. Same was moxey is a problem. And kelly.

I’m sure kramdi will go back to S as he seems almost ready. Don’t love it. But i also wouldn’t mess with smith at sam. I’d rather put kyrie or an athletic guy at S.

Also, i’d put vaval in the nickle pack as the second S if we want to run that cover 2. Vaval is great at reading the ball in the air, crazy dynamic and physical. he’s been much better this year than last when pressed into duty as well. He would really give teams some thing to worry about in the secondary

When is Griffen due back or is he out for the year? I bet he would do great at safety, and leave Smith at Sam for sure.

  • Author
36 minutes ago, coach17 said:

When is Griffen due back or is he out for the year? I bet he would do great at safety, and leave Smith at Sam for sure.

Pretty sure I read his injury was potentially season ending so I don't expect him back soon.

40 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Pretty sure I read his injury was potentially season ending so I don't expect him back soon.

Yeah I mentioned that..hoping tho he may come back late

Even tho he was one of the best SAMs in the league I never thought of him at safety as I didnt think they would use Smith there..be a better WIL I think but hes been killing it at SAM...he kills it wherever

The way we employ the safety and half time are in a strong /feee kinda scheme as it is...The net positive of him there..leaving Smith at sam and closer to the box would I bet really put us over the top.

2 hours ago, coach17 said:

When is Griffen due back or is he out for the year? I bet he would do great at safety, and leave Smith at Sam for sure.

I’d be surprised if he was back and ready for this year. He would be a phenomena fit though.

4 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Jovon Johnson?

Paul Bennett one of the greats.

OIP.fDChgKmdmS0AL5nQm9fBHQAAAA?r=0&pid=Api&h=220&P=0

Too bad he switched teams in 84 or he could have won a Cup. There were so many ex-Bombers on that 84 Hamilton team that we whooped in the 84 Grey Cup.

I was always a fan of the way Marvin Coleman returned punts. Yeah he wasn't likely to break one but the ball never touched the ground, was always caught and he always went straight forward for positive yards

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I was always a fan of the way Marvin Coleman returned punts. Yeah he wasn't likely to break one but the ball never touched the ground, was always caught and he always went straight forward for positive yards

That’s how my dad always described Bennett too.

Coleman was so smooth. Catching a punt is really hard and he made it look easy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.