Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redblacks @ Bombers: Week 11: The GDT

  • Replies 583
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Arnold_Palmer
    Arnold_Palmer

    I’ve been critical of Zach and O but that was a great job of managing the clock to get us 3 points. Masterful job.

  • did enough to win, i don’t think we would’ve beat any one else with this effort

  • brett_c_b
    brett_c_b

    I will bet you 10,000 the als get 0 points against the blue next week

Featured Replies

Barely raining at all, just a light drizzle. I'm expecting humid and grey at gametime.

I dont want a just find a way..however ugly it looks win..thats just more lipstick on a pig and confirmation.. as false as it is to Osh that his method and decisions are the right ones

I want to see decisive..played fast and mad..and prepared and confident from out of the gate.

No having to go into halftime trying to figure out wtf just happened..but come out of halftime and put the finishing touches on the game

Then I may have a lil optimism for the back half of the season..

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dont want a just find a way..however ugly it looks win..thats just more lipstick on a pig and confirmation.. as false as it is to Osh that his method and decisions are the right ones

I want to see decisive..played fast and mad..and prepared and confident from out of the gate.

No having to go into halftime trying to figure out wtf just happened..but come out of halftime and put the finishing touches on the game

Then I may have a lil optimism for the back half of the season..

Ottawa has had a ton of roster turnover and they are on the 2nd longest losing streak in modern CFL history - this is, by far, our most winnable game so if we can't beat the RedBlacks, I have zero hope for the rest of the season. They need to show something now because the schedule is much tougher from here on out.

Brady with an ankle injury makes him an GTD, hopefully he plays, the Bombers even with ZC need all the help they can get against a team they had problems with in Ottawa.

Not getting my hopes up at all for this game. I expect the Bombers to lose against a desperate Redblacks team. I just have no confidence in this team or management.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Ottawa has had a ton of roster turnover and they are on the 2nd longest losing streak in modern CFL history - this is, by far, our most winnable game so if we can't beat the RedBlacks, I have zero hope for the rest of the season. They need to show something now because the schedule is much tougher from here on out.

agreed...and it worries me a but cause the guys still in Ottawa from the outset have seen no job is safe...and will be playing with a purpose...like to save their job and you can bet as a whole thy will be coming out prepared and fired up...no complacency there or willingness to just settle for whatever

Here... quite the opposite....My hope is a defining win...

But based on leadup...no sense of urgency...no desire to change anything I expect 1 of 2 things...We either eeeck out a win in non convincing fashion to just justify what we doing(and that wouldnt be a good thing)...Or we get embarrassed and exposed again...much like previous games

Coming off being embarrassed last game(s) our pathetic record at home and needing to show the fans we care...having a bye week so should be well rested and prepared, and having some starters back in lineup...no reason that we shouldnt lay a whoopin on a winless team...with a ton of recent turnover and safe to say more issues than we have

Anything other than that is a sign we are playing a lost season and its not even labour day

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As always, just find a way to win. I don't care how it looks... I just want two points.

Raining in town today, but hoping it lets up enough for game time.

Let's go Blue!!

I very much care how it looks. Scrapping by against Ottawa with all their cuts and roster changes isn't much better than a loss.

I expect our defence to hold them relatively in check (knowing that we give up a lot of yards), but I hope our offence can show some real progress in the red zone, which has been our biggest problem this year, imo.

At this point, they just need a home win. Although I agree a close one won't be encouraging.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Ottawa has had a ton of roster turnover and they are on the 2nd longest losing streak in modern CFL history - this is, by far, our most winnable game so if we can't beat the RedBlacks, I have zero hope for the rest of the season. They need to show something now because the schedule is much tougher from here on out.

They can't possible lose despite having everything in their favour... right? RIIIIIIIGHT?

Win or lose I just want the game to be entertaining.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely want to win and an ugly win is infinitely better than a pretty loss. With that said, there's been no sense of excitement while watching the team play this last little while and I just want to come away thinking: this was a fun night.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I dont want a just find a way..however ugly it looks win..thats just more lipstick on a pig and confirmation.. as false as it is to Osh that his method and decisions are the right ones

I want to see decisive..played fast and mad..and prepared and confident from out of the gate.

No having to go into halftime trying to figure out wtf just happened..but come out of halftime and put the finishing touches on the game

Then I may have a lil optimism for the back half of the season..

I Want to see decent play design/call, physical play, competent execution and 4 full quarters of effort.

I've never seen a pretty loss, and I've been watching football all my life.

A win would mean we're not the worst team in the league. A loss means we may be just that.

It would be nice to see the defence generate some big plays and turnovers, especially at home

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I've never seen a pretty loss, and I've been watching football all my life.

A win would mean we're not the worst team in the league. A loss means we may be just that.

2000, late-season (week 15?) loss to the Als. After a tough start to the year for Ritchie's squad, we had turned the corner and were scraping for a playoff spot. In Montreal, we played a hard-nosed game and narrowly lost to an excellent team. That signaled the end of the dark ages and the far brighter future's arrival.

We played the Als real hard that whole year, and most of our losses were by less than 1 TD.

We won 7 games that year, and for my money, that season was better than many of the good teams we had in the 90s.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It would be nice to see the defence generate some big plays and turnovers, especially at home

Id be thrilled if they just answered the tone of the RBs physically from start to finish.

But the fact we can't make plays on the ball, when the dbs are on a cushion watching the qb and we lead the league in sacks, is a really bad sign.

Edited by wbbfan

17 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I've never seen a pretty loss, and I've been watching football all my life.

A win would mean we're not the worst team in the league. A loss means we may be just that.

A hard fought game between 2 elite teams can be a pretty loss.

There’s no way to experience that tonight.

Am expecting a sloppy, low-scoring game with a Bomber narrow victory, but could go either way.

Edited by Tracker

It would be nice to have a sense of what this team's identity is.

really...record be damned...if we lose this game with all things considered...bye week...etc...we def have to be considered the worst in the league

Sure we have more wins than Ott...but we barely beat them last time...and the Ham win...The last drive CGY win where we collapsed and they didnt have their full squad....and the aforementioned Ott win we lucky as it is to be 4-4 and not 1-7

Edited by Booch

  • Author

Just want a win... If we barely win every game the rest of the season, I'll be plenty happy. After the debacle of the last 5 10 minutes vs BC, I'm not expecting miracles... But a win will keep the toxicity down a little bit for another week ..

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just want a win... If we barely win every game the rest of the season, I'll be plenty happy. After the debacle of the last 5 10 minutes vs BC, I'm not expecting miracles... But a win will keep the toxicity down a little bit for another week ..

I'm going to be so toxic if we barely win 10_wink

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm going to be so toxic if we barely win 10_wink

I feel like you're one of the few that's keeping some semblance of rationality around here but it's admittedly a low bar....

Looking at the schedule, this is our best chance for a win for the rest of the season and it pains me to even type that.

shitty play....shitty all around gameday performnces...due to shittyassed prep/decisons/and lack of accountability will breed toxicity...and rightfully so when it's clearly totally avoidable and easily corrected

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It would be nice to have a sense of what this team's identity is.

Honestly, our identity is that of a has-been that stuck around at the party long after it ended and won't go home. It's a soft, old team that doesn't execute, bring effort, or do anything particularly well.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Looking at the schedule, this is our best chance for a win for the rest of the season and it pains me to even type that.

The remaining schedule will do us no favours. 6 of the 9 games after today are against the top 3 teams in the league. Then Calgary and bc, who both handily beat us at home this year, along with Toronto rounding out the last 3. Plus, we are only 1 game up on Hamilton for 2nd-to-last in the league. Every one is neck and neck outside of ott and mtl, but I dont think any one else in the middle with us has a schedule near as hard as us.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.