Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lions @ Bombers: The GDT

  • Replies 824
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    I think we have opposite problems on each side of the ball. D I wholeheartedly agree. Opponents are snapping the ball and we aren't even ready to play, especially in the secondary. Our guys on the f

  • Stickem
    Stickem

    I can take a lot of crap going on with the club regarding execution and roster management.....what I can't abide with is seeing a club QUIT...Those last minutes of last nights fiaco showed we have a g

  • wbbfan
    wbbfan

    rookie qb comes into our field slaps us around and swags it up in a laugher. Some one in the front office needs to grow a set since the coaching staff refuses to.

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The DC and OC need to simplify everything. One of the reasons we are constantly out of position and tentative is that the players have too much to process. Dru's best game was when he hadn't been here long and the playbook was small. Younger doesn't need to reinvent defense; he needs to put players in the right places to succeed. He also needs to dedicate a complete practice to tackling and wrapping people up.

I think we have opposite problems on each side of the ball.

D I wholeheartedly agree. Opponents are snapping the ball and we aren't even ready to play, especially in the secondary. Our guys on the field don't know how they are supposed to adjust their alignment to what the offense is showing, don't know what their responsibilities are. The reality of those positions on the field is you don't have even a half second to stop your feet and think. You need to know what you are doing even before the snap, can't figure it out as the play evolves. You can have all the best ideas as a coach and if the players can't execute it it's worth zero. Need to trust the players ability to make plays and give them a chance.

Offense is way over simplified and can almost feel the players chafing under Condell. Our run game is the same inside zone play right or left, cross formation from whichever side of the QB Brady is lined up on. We come out and run that play successfully for a drive, and then don't see it for 2 quarters. We run a whole drive of jet sweeps and then never use that motion again. We run a nice screen, and then we run the exact same play 3 of our next 4 snaps. We have no vertical routes on most of our plays. So when we keep hitting those screens they work less and less because all of the defenders are waiting within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. 2 of our 4 biggest pass plays (not including jet sweeps counted as passes, forward laterals) were just Brown firing the ball out to the field WR when BC forgot about them, Cobb and Clercius.

Why aren't we passing off the jet motion? Why aren't we using playaction? We can't pass protect 5 and 7 step drops, so you have to scheme to make a passing game work. If we have a strength it's Brady. And we need to build from that.

I don't really know if there's a method to Condell's bundling of the same playcalls but it certainly isn't effective at all.

I can take a lot of crap going on with the club regarding execution and roster management.....what I can't abide with is seeing a club QUIT...Those last minutes of last nights fiaco showed we have a group of players who literally 'gave up'.....Having said that and witnessing it was an afront to every Bomber fan and it's supporters....Who wants to watch a bunch of quitters...This head coach has a huge problem if he can't inspire a team to play to the last whistle...The booing from the stands was warranted...they paid to watch that junk....Beaten by a bunch of newbies and first time starters is not only an insult to most fans but a total embarrassment ...There needs to be MAJOR changes or disaster at the gate will soon follow....Time for a rebuild and that's tough to say in the middle of a season

Edited by Stickem

Now that the beer and fresh frustration is out of my system...Does anyone else feel like perhaps Condell was doing an FU to Brady to start the game...like you want identity you want the ball fine have it...is that perhaps why he didn't build off that start, and develop it any further...it almost seemed like the run game was going great and setting up PA and the next steps, but we stuck with predicable runs, till it didn't work, then never built off it, just went to a non cohesive totally different game plan once it starting getting stuffed....I don't know...but heck even when I was calling plays for a highschool offence I had more continuity and flow...it just seemed like the play calling started out so good to set up on...but the next step never came....

Maybe they bring back LaPo for a 4th time or whatever it is now?

Coaches and to some degree all management levels, don't like it when players go to the press and are critical about the team, even when it is warranted...Brady pointed out a few errors, which he thought might propel our illustrious offensive genius to make a change...It was hard to see any positive change except for the early runs by our star back...Did it prompt Condell to say to himself after the Brady comments to arrange it so Brady would be the 'only' weapon on offence and be neutered in the process...Sure looked like it BUT if that is what is going on with this club that is all the more reason for a major change...A rebuild is next to impossible this farf into the season, but changes can be made and 'significant ones'...I don't see how this club can remain relevant in 26' if none are made

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe they bring back LaPo for a 4th time or whatever it is now?

probably the best of a bunch of bad choices

21 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Now that the beer and fresh frustration is out of my system...Does anyone else feel like perhaps Condell was doing an FU to Brady to start the game...like you want identity you want the ball fine have it...is that perhaps why he didn't build off that start, and develop it any further...it almost seemed like the run game was going great and setting up PA and the next steps, but we stuck with predicable runs, till it didn't work, then never built off it, just went to a non cohesive totally different game plan once it starting getting stuffed....I don't know...but heck even when I was calling plays for a highschool offence I had more continuity and flow...it just seemed like the play calling started out so good to set up on...but the next step never came....

seemed like it was a cut off our nose to spite our face. Funny thing is when he went away from the run the game got away from us again lol

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I can take a lot of crap going on with the club regarding execution and roster management.....what I can't abide with is seeing a club QUIT...Those last minutes of last nights fiaco showed we have a group of players who literally 'gave up'.....Having said that and witnessing it was an afront to every Bomber fan and it's supporters....Who wants to watch a bunch of quitters...This head coach has a huge problem if he can't inspire a team to play to the last whistle...The booing from the stands was warranted...they paid to watch that junk....Beaten by a bunch of newbies and first time starters is not only an insult to most fans but a total embarrassment ...There needs to be MAJOR changes or disaster at the gate will soon follow....Time for a rebuild and that's tough to say in the middle of a season.

In the fourth quarter last night, the team did a damned good job of looking like they quit. I don't think there is any going back from that.

THE frustrating part with this slide...and whats all involved with it was that I saw it a mile away...christ 2 miles away...and raised red flags

How the heck didn't or HC...Or an assistant or Co-Ord saying to the HC in cas he was oblivious (which he is) "hey....I think we need to do this...or that...etc ."...as well as the G.M for if anything not stepping in...or up? It baffles the mind

It isnt something that just came outta nowhere...or bad luck with a rash of injuries that no team coulda coped with...Self inflicted...purely thru incompetence

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

probably the best of a bunch of bad choices

seemed like it was a cut off our nose to spite our face. Funny thing is when he went away from the run the game got away from us again lol

Tho he prob wouldnt/couldnt do it as he is ultra busy and has knives in many fires

I'd hand the o/c and playcalling to Strev...he'd bring fire and passion into the room...accountability and wouldn't put up with half assed **** and even though he struggled when he came back from the NFL is a brilliant mind and even better coach...and being barely removed from the league knows it and what is going on within it better than anyone. What player wouldnt follow his leadership and go balls to the wall for him based on who he was and what he brought to the "team"

I'd also bring Bailey in for if anything some character building and motivation and maybe verbally slap some guys upside their heads...and to tear into some of the weak assed guys we have here.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They made a good point on OB Post game, think it was Omeyl, it was so bad that there wasn't much booing at games end because most people had left.

AND that says to me, UNLESS some major change and direction are made, Bomber fans are not running back for tix to the next fiasco and be embarrassed once again....Miller ...are you listening

Edited by Stickem

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

THE frustrating part with this slide...and whats all involved with it was that I saw it a mile away...christ 2 miles away...and raised red flags

How the heck didn't or HC...Or an assistant or Co-Ord saying to the HC in cas he was oblivious (which he is) "hey....I think we need to do this...or that...etc ."...as well as the G.M for if anything not stepping in...or up? It baffles the mind

It isnt something that just came outta nowhere...or bad luck with a rash of injuries that no team coulda coped with...Self inflicted...purely thru incompetence

Many here did, but somehow no one in the ranks of the coaches or management did.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Tho he prob wouldnt/couldnt do it as he is ultra busy and has knives in many fires

I'd hand the o/c and playcalling to Strev...he'd bring fire and passion into the room...accountability and wouldn't put up with half assed **** and even though he struggled when he came back from the NFL is a brilliant mind and even better coach...and being barely removed from the league knows it and what is going on within it better than anyone. What player wouldnt follow his leadership and go balls to the wall for him based on who he was and what he brought to the "team"

I'd also bring Bailey in for if anything some character building and motivation and maybe verbally slap some guys upside their heads...and to tear into some of the weak assed guys we have here.

.....totally agree....It's right under managements nose regarding Streve...The guy bleeds bluengold and I can't think of a better guy to shake things up and for some positivity

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They made a good point on OB Post game, think it was Omeyl, it was so bad that there wasn't much booing at games end because most people had left.

I may have booed if I was still there but like 95% of the crowd, I had enough and left. Not sure I'll go to the next game either - if I have to choose between going to the lake or being absolutely disgusted, I'm going to the lake. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks to see what adjustments are being made.

Step one: convince O'Shea to get his people in order. Coordinators and players. They all need a boot up the ass because not only are they losing, they are losing ugly.

I don't buy that we are so devoid of talent that they can't be better than they are with smarter roster use and smarter game plans that the team can actually execute.

But again, to convince the coach to change.... He has done the same things the entire decade he has been here.

26 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I may have booed if I was still there but like 95% of the crowd, I had enough and left. Not sure I'll go to the next game either - if I have to choose between going to the lake or being absolutely disgusted, I'm going to the lake. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks to see what adjustments are being made.

I actually gave a set of my tix away that I normally use...and next game I may not attend will likely give away here via a lil contest...Figure a question to ask and first to get it...or closest to it wins em

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Step one: convince O'Shea to get his people in order. Coordinators and players. They all need a boot up the ass because not only are they losing, they are losing ugly.

I don't buy that we are so devoid of talent that they can't be better than they are with smarter roster use and smarter game plans that the team can actually execute.

But again, to convince the coach to change.... He has done the same things the entire decade he has been here.

agree...I dont think its a lack of talent issue....its a how we coach...use...deploy...prepare...motivate..and hold accountable the talent

I think younger and the D are a huge huge problem this year. It’s every game, we get lit up, close to 400 rushing yards is just unacceptable. How younger still has his job right now is insanity. That’s the easiest decision there. Every game it’s the same. It’s obvious when we score a TD the opposition is gonna come down and score on us. Has happened every game. O’Shea is signed for 3 years. The coaches cap means he’s here for 2 so the most obvious changes is to the coordinators, both.

Lapo? Isn’t he head coach of the cdn Olympic flag football team? Don’t think he’d come here unless it was to be head coach

O? Not gonna lie, early on had that Thought that Condell is over compensating for last week. Dude is anti run, it’s like he thinks you can’t win running the ball, hey Tom cuz Tommy is a kids name, 400 yards rushing against is why we lost.

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think we have opposite problems on each side of the ball.

D I wholeheartedly agree. Opponents are snapping the ball and we aren't even ready to play, especially in the secondary. Our guys on the field don't know how they are supposed to adjust their alignment to what the offense is showing, don't know what their responsibilities are. The reality of those positions on the field is you don't have even a half second to stop your feet and think. You need to know what you are doing even before the snap, can't figure it out as the play evolves. You can have all the best ideas as a coach and if the players can't execute it it's worth zero. Need to trust the players ability to make plays and give them a chance.

Offense is way over simplified and can almost feel the players chafing under Condell. Our run game is the same inside zone play right or left, cross formation from whichever side of the QB Brady is lined up on. We come out and run that play successfully for a drive, and then don't see it for 2 quarters. We run a whole drive of jet sweeps and then never use that motion again. We run a nice screen, and then we run the exact same play 3 of our next 4 snaps. We have no vertical routes on most of our plays. So when we keep hitting those screens they work less and less because all of the defenders are waiting within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. 2 of our 4 biggest pass plays (not including jet sweeps counted as passes, forward laterals) were just Brown firing the ball out to the field WR when BC forgot about them, Cobb and Clercius.

Why aren't we passing off the jet motion? Why aren't we using playaction? We can't pass protect 5 and 7 step drops, so you have to scheme to make a passing game work. If we have a strength it's Brady. And we need to build from that.

I don't really know if there's a method to Condell's bundling of the same playcalls but it certainly isn't effective at all.

"We have no vertical routes on most of our plays." And that, my friends, is a major contributor to our O's lack of success.

2 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

"We have no vertical routes on most of our plays." And that, my friends, is a major contributor to our O's lack of success.

Or a guy to run them....and win/outmuscle/outsize anyone and be a true threat to win battles...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Or a guy to run them....and win/outmuscle/outsize anyone and be a true threat to win battles...

Well anyone running a vertical is a threat to a defense that will create space. Wilson, White, Demski are all threats once they have a head of steam if you let them open up the hips of the DB's. At the very least you run two of those guys vertical almost every pass play and you have opened up a ton of space for the other 3-4 guys going out for routes. You run them across the field and you put teams playing zone in a bind....like how everyone is doing to us when guys don't know their adjustments.

Especially in the red zone we are just committing schematic suicide by running a bunch of short routes and nothing to the post or corner. One play sticks in my mind we didn't convert, on the play side we ran all hooks on like a 2nd and 8, Nield ran a corner to the field other than that every single route was at about 6 yards of depth. And BC just sitting on all of them.

It's honestly hard to believe Condell is as useless as he is. Like you'd think he's trying to commit an act of sabotage.

BC had a guy playing SAM for basically the first time ever at this level last night. Why the hell wouldn't you isolate him by formation on White/Wilson/Demski on some vertical routes, double moves?

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We've had less talented teams than this put up more fight.

Swaggerville

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Tho he prob wouldnt/couldnt do it as he is ultra busy and has knives in many fires

I'd hand the o/c and playcalling to Strev...he'd bring fire and passion into the room...accountability and wouldn't put up with half assed **** and even though he struggled when he came back from the NFL is a brilliant mind and even better coach...and being barely removed from the league knows it and what is going on within it better than anyone. What player wouldnt follow his leadership and go balls to the wall for him based on who he was and what he brought to the "team"

I'd also bring Bailey in for if anything some character building and motivation and maybe verbally slap some guys upside their heads...and to tear into some of the weak assed guys we have here.

Yeah he is busy these days. Maybe you bring him in as a consultant like teams have done with Wally to find new coaches/presidents etc. then turn over play calling to some one else. Id go zach, but really any one else would be an upgrade.

Bailey was born to coach lol

30 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It does feel a little like we're back in 2014 with Bellefeuille/Etcheverry as coordinators

1000000000%

  • Author

I picked a hell of a time to get tickets to more games than I have since 2007. Ha ha. I was at the Edmonton game, both Calgary games, last night, the 14th vs Ottawa and Banjo Bowl... So far. Yikes...

I'll never boo... And most of the time I'll stick it out til the end. But it's definitely getting tough.

The one thing I have faith in is Wade and his need to make sure he leaves things better than he found it. Once the crowds start thinning out, he'll kick down a door if he has to and shake things up.

Edited by Noeller

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.