Main Camp - Day Three Observations

Mike

Sad to hear that Clement has looked so poorly at both camps, was really high on the guy, always knew he didn't have the strongest arm, but thought he was pretty accurate in college and the ufl. Happy to hear that Hall looks good, I wasn't overly excited when the team signed him (mostly due to not knowing/seeing much of him), so pleasntly surprised so far.

Sounds like a common trend so far is that people really like what they see out of Max Hall, and mixed reviews on Pierce, Goltz and Clement.  I am really hoping Goltz grabs the second spot but Hall is really polished.  

Why, so  road griller can come on here & gloat on every post?  I bet we all don't want that. So fortunate that he has decided to stay where he is on the other site. One of the reasons I like this place so much  is that getting away from road griller gives this place such a breath of fresh air. Best man wins, I don't care who they are & how long they played here previously.

Why, so  road griller can come on here & gloat on every post?  I bet we all don't want that. So fortunate that he has decided to stay where he is on the other site. One of the reasons I like this place so much  is that getting away from road griller gives this place such a breath of fresh air. Best man wins, I don't care who they are & how long they played here previously.

Doesn't have anything to do with Road Griller.  Goltz has the most impressive physical skillset of the four quarterbacks.  He provides us the added threat along the ground, and depending on what Crowton has in mind with his offense, that may end up being the best fit.  Hall may be a better pocket passer (perhaps even right now) and may end up being a good QB here.  Still, if Goltz can piece it all together his ceiling is higher than any of the other quarterbacks in my opinion.  

Here are my biased observations from the afternoon session:

QBs: I am not a Buck Pierce fan so take of this what you will but he did not look very good today. He was overthrowing quite a bit and didn't look quite right. He's usually better than this in TC though so I wouldn't read too far into it anyway. I really like Max Hall. He looks far more polished than any QB I can remember bringing in at their first TC. He's accurate, looks poised under pressure and has a good enough arm to get by. He had a pick in the last throw I saw him make but other than that, he looked real good. I really, really want Goltz to succeed because he seems like he has all the tools but he looks very middle of the road to me so far. He hit Simpson with a beautiful long bomb in a drill but then he throws behind a guy on the very next play. He's still rather raw it seems so I'll give him more time but it does feel like he's already lagging behind Hall, even if he is still getting backup reps. I'm not sure any better way of saying this but Clement looks downright awful. His arm is pretty weak, he doesn't hit receivers in stride and he made some atrocious reads in scrimmage today. I will concede that he looks comfortable at the line of scrimmage and seems to be a leadership type but I am really not impressed.

Blogged this...

http://www.morningbigblue.com/community/index.php?/blog/2/entry-1-from-main-camp-day-three-observations/

Well every year we have qbs that look fantastic in pre season and then tank once people really start to play....  

I will say though.... no matter who they have behind Pierce.... it couldn't be as bad as it has been the last few years.... plus Kevin Glenn is a quick phone call and late round draft pick trade away....

plus Kevin Glenn is a quick phone call and late round draft pick trade away....

Considering Hufnagel apparently wanted either our #1 pick or Chris Matthews for Glenn during the off-season, you really think he would drop the price during the season? Of course, it also depends on how many games Tate plays before being injured as well.