Who Gets Fired?

Since when does anything Burke say mean anything at all? He might as well speak French  in all of his media conferences for all the good it does. His word is nothing.

A Bomber fan I know who doesn't post here or anywhere (but should) as he has some keen insights into the game gave me this blockbuster theory tonight when I talked with him. We were discussing Boltus & why he went in & then was left to die. He thinks a power struggle is going on right now between Bellefeuille & Burke. Marcel is not a Burke guy & he probably resents him being brought in by Miller. Bellefeuille wants to be Bomber HC. Burke knows he is probably on the way out but still is the HC for now. The decision to put  in Boltus was Bellefeuille's. Boltus is a Bellefeuille guy. The decision to keep him in after he struggled was Burke's. He let Boltus get eaten alive to discredit Marcel to show his guy Boltus can't play. Burke's message to Marcel was he's still in charge & that he won't go down without a fight. My friend believes what happened last night was a power play between the 2. To me, watching the Boltus debacle... that is about the only thing that would make sense.

Any comments?

Since when does anything Burke say mean anything at all? He might as well speak French  in all of his media conferences for all the good it does. His word is nothing.

A Bomber fan I know who doesn't post here or anywhere (but should) as he has some keen insights into the game gave me this blockbuster theory tonight when I talked with him. We were discussing Boltus & why he went in & then was left to die. He thinks a power struggle is going on right now between Bellefeuille & Burke. Marcel is not a Burke guy & he probably resents him being brought in by Miller. Bellefeuille wants to be Bomber HC. Burke knows he is probably on the way out but still is the HC for now. The decision to put  in Boltus was Bellefeuille's. Boltus is a Bellefeuille guy. The decision to keep him in after he struggled was Burke's. He let Boltus get eaten alive to discredit Marcel to show his guy Boltus can't play. Burke's message to Marcel was he's still in charge & that he won't go down without a fight. My friend believes what happened last night was a power play between the 2. To me, watching the Boltus debacle... that is about the only thing that would make sense.

Any comments?

That's an interesting theory.  While these are professional coaches we are talking about, they aren't any more or less likely to make certain moves out of spite than anyone in the general working population.  It's a possibility although probably a remote one.

I think it's interesting we haven't heard a peep out of Miller's office in awhile....he's due.

Yeah, he sure had a lot to say when he got hired, didn't he? Now he's become invisible. At the very least he should come out of the shadows after that debacle last night.

New person, same debate.  Why do you guys need media statements issued after everything?  Of course he had a lot to say when he got hired.  He had just fired a GM and promoted a new one.

If he doesn't say anything, people complain that he's hiding, not fulfilling his role, etc...

If he does say something, what exactly is he supposed to say?  "Yes Bomber fans, I thought we sucked too?" How exactly does that benefit the organization at all?  And look out if he dare say anything positive, because then the media will turn their faux-outrage up another 80%.

Miller's job is to hire the right people and then get the heck out of the way.  He will have to engage the media at various points throughout his tenure; providing bi-weekly updates is not required.

There is zero excuse for silence on this now. It will seem like they are hiding.

Two back to back hideous performances. Players calling out the fans. Players fighting with each other.

This team needs a leader to stand under the hot lights.

Bam.  Mere seconds after I posted a reply to iso.  

Hall should have stayed in because he was moving the ball. Make some adjustments, sit him down. Coach around the int's. But pulling him for boltus was be equivalent of taking a knee at the half.

Hard to coach around horrible throwing mechanics at halftime.  I'm sure Hall has been told to settle his feet his entire life, but he's still dancing and sailing passes.  Maybe they could coach him to aim for a target 5 yards in front of the route he's trying to hit, then the ball would be on the money.

Hall should have stayed in because he was moving the ball. Make some adjustments, sit him down. Coach around the int's. But pulling him for boltus was be equivalent of taking a knee at the half.

Hard to coach around horrible throwing mechanics at halftime.  I'm sure Hall has been told to settle his feet his entire life, but he's still dancing and sailing passes.  Maybe they could coach him to aim for a target 5 yards in front of the route he's trying to hit, then the ball would be on the money.

Still not enough reason to sit him down the entire half.

Any comments?

I think there could be SOME truth to this. I was actually in favor of inserting Goltz shortly after Boltus just because he's our most experienced guy and I had enough embarrassment. I thought he might be the best candidate for that but the truth is that all our QB's are turnover machines.

Higgins was in town for that game. Do you think the Bombers talked to him? I'd say offer him HC/GM role to finish the year and let him pick his HC for next year. I don't expect any wins out of it but it sends the message to any potential free agents that we are serious about becoming a sane and respectable place to play again.

Really what could Miller do at this point?    Only big move he can make to maybe ease the pain for the rest of this season would be trading for Tate.   Toronto is not going to trade Collaros not while Ray is still on the mend.  

Firing a coach makes no real sense,  going to the public and saying the team sucks really doesn't make sense at all either.    At this point Miller can't do anything aside from interviewing for next season.   

If they can't get Collaros..... pull the trade for Tate... why not

Because we need a QB that can start MOST of the games next season and not one who's going to break after one game.  Then you're just going to be bitching again "WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PROPER QB TO BACKUP TATE WHEN HE GETS HURT".

Tate is a bandaid....we do NOT need a bandaid at QB.  Especially one that tears as easily as he does.

Tate should NOT be an option.

Totally disagree with this statement. Insert Boltus (or for that matter all our current qb's), inset all the new oline guys we've brought in, insert sandro, insert Bo Smith and you're on to something. But Tate? He's shown enough in this league to warrant more than the label band aid. Saviour no, risk yes, payoff potential, but filler c'mon now.

No playoff team will be messing with any of their QBs this late in the season. Calgary has gotten where they are with the depth they have had at QB. There's no way they trade Tate before the end of the season.  Even with his limited role right now.  It just wouldn't make sense.  

Completly agree. I'm talking off season. That's the frame of mind I'm already in. How depressing.

Really what could Miller do at this point?    Only big move he can make to maybe ease the pain for the rest of this season would be trading for Tate.   Toronto is not going to trade Collaros not while Ray is still on the mend.  

Firing a coach makes no real sense,  going to the public and saying the team sucks really doesn't make sense at all either.    At this point Miller can't do anything aside from interviewing for next season.   

Agree.

If they can't get Collaros..... pull the trade for Tate... why not

Because we need a QB that can start MOST of the games next season and not one who's going to break after one game.  Then you're just going to be bitching again "WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PROPER QB TO BACKUP TATE WHEN HE GETS HURT".

Tate is a bandaid....we do NOT need a bandaid at QB.  Especially one that tears as easily as he does.

Tate should NOT be an option.

Totally disagree with this statement. Insert Boltus (or for that matter all our current qb's), inset all the new oline guys we've brought in, insert sandro, insert Bo Smith and you're on to something. But Tate? He's shown enough in this league to warrant more than the label band aid. Saviour no, risk yes, payoff potential, but filler c'mon now.

Are you someone who believes Buck Pierce isn't injury prone and shouldn't of been traded?

Why do people still believe that a playoff bound team has any interest in trading a QB that they may need before the end of the season? 

Just an innocent mistate?

Of course you won't make the trade NOW, but you can start negotiating NOW. In fact it's probably the prudent thing to do.

]

Why do people still believe that a playoff bound team has any interest in trading a QB that they may need before the end of the season? 

Of course you won't make the trade NOW, but you can start negotiating NOW. In fact it's probably the prudent thing to do.

]

Who says their not negotiating?  Do you really think they're going to broadcast to all of us every plan they might be scheming?

]

Who says their not negotiating?  Do you really think they're going to broadcast to all of us every plan they might be scheming?

I think they are and no they shouldn't broadcast.  Nor did I mean to imply that they should.