Who Gets Fired?

It made a lot of sense to pull Hall - he was garbage until BC let up... what didn't (and doesn't) make sense is that our two backups have zero talent. Why not see what Levi Brown can do... at least, it can tell us if Kyle Walters should be a part of our GM team.

Are you kidding me?

This team is such a mess that Casey Creehan is looking good by comparison. This is so bad that it is nearly impossible to figure out where to begin, but firing Burke would send a message. I'm starting to have euphoric recall about the good old days of jim Daley, Jeff Reinbold, Paul LaPolice, Dave Ritchie, Doug Berry....need I go on?

It made a lot of sense to pull Hall - he was garbage until BC let up... what didn't (and doesn't) make sense is that our two backups have zero talent. Why not see what Levi Brown can do... at least, it can tell us if Kyle Walters should be a part of our GM team.

Are you kidding me?

Walters has brought in Peach, Kelly, Foster, Boltus, Brown, Bo Smith since Mack got canned.  Peach and Kelly are decent players... the rest are filler.

Walters has another two weeks until trade deadline?  Then a tiny window to sign/trade for Collaros...?

If Miller has a real candidate in mind, maybe we need to get him in here in early October.

Are you kidding me?

Walters has brought in Peach, Kelly, Foster, Boltus, Brown, Bo Smith since Mack got canned.  Peach and Kelly are decent players... the rest are filler.

Walters has another two weeks until trade deadline?  Then a tiny window to sign/trade for Collaros...?

If Miller has a real candidate in mind, maybe we need to get him in here in early October.

The point you are missing is that teams are built in the off-season.  Everyone Walters brought in are filler.  If they weren't. they would have been on a roster.

Should have kept Hall in. He was moving the ball and putting up

Numbers, some bad yes. But some good.

I like Burke so while I can understand the desire for him to be fired if prefer the name calling and disrespect was not apart of it.

But I so agree this performance after last week demands consequences. Someone has to go.

Since when does anything Burke say mean anything at all? He might as well speak French  in all of his media conferences for all the good it does. His word is nothing.

A Bomber fan I know who doesn't post here or anywhere (but should) as he has some keen insights into the game gave me this blockbuster theory tonight when I talked with him. We were discussing Boltus & why he went in & then was left to die. He thinks a power struggle is going on right now between Bellefeuille & Burke. Marcel is not a Burke guy & he probably resents him being brought in by Miller. Bellefeuille wants to be Bomber HC. Burke knows he is probably on the way out but still is the HC for now. The decision to put  in Boltus was Bellefeuille's. Boltus is a Bellefeuille guy. The decision to keep him in after he struggled was Burke's. He let Boltus get eaten alive to discredit Marcel to show his guy Boltus can't play. Burke's message to Marcel was he's still in charge & that he won't go down without a fight. My friend believes what happened last night was a power play between the 2. To me, watching the Boltus debacle... that is about the only thing that would make sense.

Any comments?

Since when does anything Burke say mean anything at all? He might as well speak French  in all of his media conferences for all the good it does. His word is nothing.

A Bomber fan I know who doesn't post here or anywhere (but should) as he has some keen insights into the game gave me this blockbuster theory tonight when I talked with him. We were discussing Boltus & why he went in & then was left to die. He thinks a power struggle is going on right now between Bellefeuille & Burke. Marcel is not a Burke guy & he probably resents him being brought in by Miller. Bellefeuille wants to be Bomber HC. Burke knows he is probably on the way out but still is the HC for now. The decision to put  in Boltus was Bellefeuille's. Boltus is a Bellefeuille guy. The decision to keep him in after he struggled was Burke's. He let Boltus get eaten alive to discredit Marcel to show his guy Boltus can't play. Burke's message to Marcel was he's still in charge & that he won't go down without a fight. My friend believes what happened last night was a power play between the 2. To me, watching the Boltus debacle... that is about the only thing that would make sense.

Any comments?

Comments....on pure conjecture? really? you buy all this cloak and dagger stuff? Glad you're buddy is not posting here!

If they can't get Collaros..... pull the trade for Tate... why not

Because we need a QB that can start MOST of the games next season and not one who's going to break after one game.  Then you're just going to be bitching again "WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PROPER QB TO BACKUP TATE WHEN HE GETS HURT".

Tate is a bandaid....we do NOT need a bandaid at QB.  Especially one that tears as easily as he does.

Tate should NOT be an option.

I have no problem with Boltus getting the start in the second half.  Hall had a bad first half.

I have tons of problems with leaving Boltus in after his first two series.  It was obvious by that time, that he just wasn't ready to play.  He couldn't even fake a hand off successfully.  We should have put Hall back in to get him more game reps.  

Iso.... your conspiracy theory doesn't make any sense.  Burke pulled Hall because of the Int's.  Once he made that decision, he wasn't going to go back on it so we got to see Boltus for the second half. 

Definitely going to be some backlash after last night, if only because it was in front of a home crowd. Inexcusable. Attendance the rest of the way is going to be horrid. Only real reason I'd agree to Burke firing at this point, is to just put the guy outta his misery. This current mess certainly isn't all on him, but it's not fair to keep putting a guy through this. For his own good, and out of mercy, let him go so he can get a good night's sleep.

Any comments?

Too much Tinfoil for my taste. The much simpler answer is that Burke at this point has no clue what he's doing. 

Goltz might honestly be our best Quarterback. Yikes.

Has been since day one. Too bad they did not start him week 1. Even with Gerry Crouton he would have gained experience . Marcy Bellbuelier is not showing better anyways.

I guess adding Tigerscraps is not a sound plan after all.

There's a forest out there. You two bumbling cats keep looking at the tree. :)

I have no problem with Boltus getting the start in the second half.  Hall had a bad first half.

I have tons of problems with leaving Boltus in after his first two series.  It was obvious by that time, that he just wasn't ready to play.  He couldn't even fake a hand off successfully.  We should have put Hall back in to get him more game reps.  

Iso.... your conspiracy theory doesn't make any sense.  Burke pulled Hall because of the Int's.  Once he made that decision, he wasn't going to go back on it so we got to see Boltus for the second half. 

Honestly, it wasn't my conspiracy theory. LIke I said my friend is a Bomber fan & gave me his take. I thought it was interesting enough to raise it here to see what people thought.

Any comments?

Too much Tinfoil for my taste. The much simpler answer is that Burke at this point has no clue what he's doing. 

Yeah, Agreed. It was a clueless coaching performance. The team got destroyed & Burke threw in Boltus as well for good measurre.