Who Gets Fired?

Why do people still believe that a playoff bound team has any interest in trading a QB that they may need before the end of the season? 

Just an innocent mistate?

Of course you won't make the trade NOW, but you can start negotiating NOW. In fact it's probably the prudent thing to do.

]

Who says their not negotiating?  Do you really think they're going to broadcast to all of us every plan they might be scheming?

I think they are and no they shouldn't broadcast.  Nor did I mean to imply that they should.

Yeah I know...I was just trying to sound all tough when I said that.

Nanoo nanoo

I guess every team can now call Winnipeg in pursuit of the first pick overall. The next question is why does a team waste their time negotiating with people who may not be in a position to even make a trade at the end of the season?

second overall pick

If they can't get Collaros..... pull the trade for Tate... why not

Because we need a QB that can start MOST of the games next season and not one who's going to break after one game.  Then you're just going to be bitching again "WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PROPER QB TO BACKUP TATE WHEN HE GETS HURT".

Tate is a bandaid....we do NOT need a bandaid at QB.  Especially one that tears as easily as he does.

Tate should NOT be an option.

Totally disagree with this statement. Insert Boltus (or for that matter all our current qb's), inset all the new oline guys we've brought in, insert sandro, insert Bo Smith and you're on to something. But Tate? He's shown enough in this league to warrant more than the label band aid. Saviour no, risk yes, payoff potential, but filler c'mon now.

Are you someone who believes Buck Pierce isn't injury prone and shouldn't of been traded?

Yea I'm that someone. I post on all the Bomber sites that Buck Pierce isn't injury prone and he got shafted as a starter but no one will listen. Drew Tate and Buck Pierce and where their at in in their respective points in their career is like the tired old cliche, comparing an apple to an orange. I'll ask you a question, are someone who believes that if a QB gets hurt more than once he will predictably become injury prone and be appropriately fiitted with the glass label? With that line of reasoning, I guess we should now right off Reilly in Edmonton, Lulay in BC, Ray in Toronto, Cavillo in Mtl, Mitchell in Calgary. I guess Hufnagel doesn't know what he is doing and should outright release Tate because he's obviously going to follow the same path as Buck Pierce and is just taking up a roster spot. Ironically I'm not even clear on where I stand with Tate talent wise but feel this injury thing is a bit overblown that shouldn't influence us looking at our options at QB with Tate or otherwise. Yes the Buck Pierce experiment did not work out as well as we wanted and yes we don't want to make the same mistake but it can't completely sway us away, be gun shy from other QB's who may have current health issues that they COULD (not for sure) eventually overcome. Think of it this way, it's like trusting someone and that someone burning you bad. Does that mean you should never trust some again? I would suggest no, BUT obviously learn from your experience balanced with not everyone will be that person who burnt your trust. Treat it scenario by scenario each time learning to maximize a positive outcome. Of course this is just my opinion.

I'd have loved Tate at one point.

Injuries, prone to or not, lessen his value. Weirdness factor....is a factor.

Our situation, and we do have one, means we are not in a situation to ignore these points.

We'll have a priority list and Tate might even be on it. We'll work our way through that list and if, for some reason, he's the last one on it, I'll welcome him, because he's shown he can be a good QB.

But we better have somebody in the background, just in case.

But on the B Pierce note...no, he didn't get shafted, he's done.

I'd have loved Tate at one point.

Injuries, prone to or not, lessen his value. Weirdness factor....is a factor.

Our situation, and we do have one, means we are not in a situation to ignore these points.

We'll have a priority list and Tate might even be on it. We'll work our way through that list and if, for some reason, he's the last one on it, I'll welcome him, because he's shown he can be a good QB.

But we better have somebody in the background, just in case.

But on the B Pierce note...no, he didn't get shafted, he's done.

I was being sarcastic with Buck to help make my point. Should have used an appropropriate emoticon. :-)