GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"I don't come over to your place of work and salt the fries" - still one of the best Coach's show lines ever....

That’d be like going over to his house and getting arrested for domestic assault. Annndd banned lol 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have my doubts that Kelly will be back at all. 

If he does he might not be the same. A lot of time off rust to over come and he still hasn’t played that much. 
But I really don’t expect him to put in the work. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That’d be like going over to his house and getting arrested for domestic assault. Annndd banned lol 

If he does he might not be the same. A lot of time off rust to over come and he still hasn’t played that much. 
But I really don’t expect him to put in the work. 

People Legitimately hate the guy. Having him practice & sending a big FU to safety of women in the workplace, the uncovering of  prior sexual harrassment charges, being thrown out of a bar & threatening bouncers by saying he'll come back with a gun along with other transgressions as a QB in Tennessee & then in the NFL at Denver I think his career is over. If he comes back & the Argos send another FU to the league by playiing him, can you imagine the reaction??? Even Argo fans would be angry as well. He's done like a burnt piece of toast. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

People Legitimately hate the guy. Having him practice & sending a big FU to safety of women in the workplace, the uncovering of  prior sexual harrassment charges, being thrown out of a bar & threatening bouncers by saying he'll come back with a gun along with other transgressions as a QB in Tennessee & then in the NFL at Denver I think his career is over. If he comes back & the Argos send another FU to the league by playiing him, can you imagine the reaction??? Even Argo fans would be angry as well. He's done like a burnt piece of toast. 

I think you’re overestimating how much people care. Inside the front office, in the stands, whatever. Tyreek Hill is a serial wife/child abuser, nobody cares. Adrian Peterson beat his kid, nobody cared. Hell, let’s just call it what it is locally - Kenny Lawler likes to mix his alcohol with his car keys and nobody here cares. The ability to produce trumps all in sports.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think you’re overestimating how much people care. Inside the front office, in the stands, whatever. Tyreek Hill is a serial wife/child abuser, nobody cares. Adrian Peterson beat his kid, nobody cared. Hell, let’s just call it what it is locally - Kenny Lawler likes to mix his alcohol with his car keys and nobody here cares. The ability to produce trumps all in sports.

You could be right. I guess we'll see, I think based on the reaction of him practicing that one day that we can probably foretell what the reaction would be. I'm friends with about half a dozen Argo fans in Facebook & Instagram as well. They were all shocked & disgusted to see him out there. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah the narrative has changed in the last 2 yrs tho...people and organizations are overly sensitive now...I think he is done...the backlash may be too much in this day

It would be a refreshing change if that was the case. I think sadly Mike has a point that winning trumps all in sports and bad behaviour gets glossed over with winning. I mean, Michael Vick killed dogs and went to jail, and even he got chances with three more teams, made the pro bowl, and was awarded NFL Comeback Player of the Year. 

What should be required at a minimum for Kelly to return would be a very transparent showing of the steps he took to rehabilitate and an honest and public measure of contrition for what has happened. Given that he is still involved in a civil suit where he proclaims his innocence, I don’t see that happening.

If the CFL follows most other pro leagues their approach will more likely be “Come back quietly and we hope the story drifts away over time with no oxygen to feed it in the media and fan bases.” Maybe they will find an out in saying “he has not satisfactorily done with is required by him” and they extend the indefinite suspension so long as the civil suit is ongoing, the league moves on all year without him, and he has no job opportunity next year and fades away to the USFL or whatever secondary US league exists now.