Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

Special teams is where we need to be smart.  I think that's why Parker is on.  Not so much to return, but for his ability to cover kicks.  Can't let them get a spark.  D isn't giving up much.  Calgary only scored a bunch of FG's because they had a bunch of short fields a couple weeks back.  Can't give Sask short fields or even points off kicks.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Special teams is where we need to be smart.  I think that's why Parker is on.  Not so much to return, but for his ability to cover kicks.  Can't let them get a spark.  D isn't giving up much.  Calgary only scored a bunch of FG's because they had a bunch of short fields a couple weeks back.  Can't give Sask short fields or even points off kicks.

Parker I can see getting Lotsa looks in the defense as well...likely at SAM...he's extremely quick in reacting and is a sure tackler as well..prob one best on team

Definately will help on coverage and will be shocked if he's not receiving punts...

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Randorf, Dunigan, Climie, Schultz was the pinnacle of CFL panels and we've never gotten close to that again

F**k Jock Slimie. Somewhere out there he's sitting in a dark room, poking a Bomber doll with a needle, and screaming to no one that we are the worst 9-2 team he's ever seen.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

25 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Half their wins vs Edmonton and Calgary.  Would be on a 4 out of 5 losing streak if Montreal had a competent coach.

You are all making a big, big mistake if you guys are downplaying the BC Lions. If we play them here in the Western Final & it's cold & or snowy, I have no doubt our physical form of football with Oliveira running the ball wins as we'll stuff the ball down their throats. If we have to go to BC for the WF playing in a dome with perfect field & climate conditions indoors then all bets are off. We'll be in the fight of our lives as a team with them. We HAVE to win this game today to keep them chasing us. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are all making a big, big mistake if you guys are downplaying the BC Lions. If we play them here in the Western Final & it's cold & or snowy, I have no doubt our physical form of football with Oliveira running the ball wins as we'll run the ball down their throats. If we have to go to BC playing in a dome with perfect field & climate conditions indoors then all bets are off. We'll be in the fight of our lives as a team with them. We HAVE to win this game today to keep them chasing us. 

Don't really care where we have to play them.  Bombers have shown in past 2 West Finals they won't be ground and pound no matter conditions.  

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are all making a big, big mistake if you guys are downplaying the BC Lions. If we play them here in the Western Final & it's cold & or snowy, I have no doubt our physical form of football with Oliveira running the ball wins as we'll run the ball down their throats. If we have to go to BC playing in a dome with perfect field & climate conditions indoors then all bets are off. We'll be in the fight of our lives as a team with them. We HAVE to win this game today to keep them chasing us. 

We win tonight...they need to win 1 more game than us to finish out the season...so if we just played avg and closed out 3-3 they would need to win 14...and I just can't see that happening 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

F**k Jock Slimie. Somewhere out there he's sitting in a dark room, poking a Bomber doll with a needle, and screaming to no one that we are the worst 9-2 team he's ever seen.

Nah, he hated the Riders as much as sanchez hates us. I remember even saying on air that he didn't like the Riders. I wish they'd use Dave Naylor full time. The guy is very knowledgeable & has his finger on the pulse of the CFL. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

We win tonight...they need to win 1 more game than us to finish out the season...so if we just played avg and closed out 3-3 they would need to win 14...and I just can't see that happening 

Exactly. The key is what you say. We have to win tonight. Every game is huge for us as long as the Lions are chasing us. We can't afford to have a bad game to let the Lions get back into the race for first place. Hopefully, O'Shea keeps his players head on straight. I don't want us to have to go to BC for the WF. 

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Don't really care where we have to play them.  Bombers have shown in past 2 West Finals they won't be ground and pound no matter conditions.  

I care. Why give the Lions a psychological & weather advantage if we don't have to?  I've seen too many great seasons from many teams go up in smoke in the playoffs. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, he hated the Riders as much as sanchez hates us. I remember even saying on air that he didn't like the Riders. I wish they'd use Dave Naylor full time. The guy is very knowledgeable & has his finger on the pulse of the CFL. 

I'd like to see Scianatti...with Naylor..Lapo and whomever fulltime...I actually like Sanchez so those 4 would work for me

Dunnigan is great in the booth...keep him there in my opinion...

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Exactly. The key is what you say. We have to win tonight. Every game is huge for us as long as the Lions are chasing us. We can't afford to have a bad game to let the Lions get back into the race for first place. Hopefully, O'Shea keeps his players head on straight. I don't want us to have to go to BC for the WF. 

Yup...we sweep these 2 games...we have nailed first place in my opinion

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I care. Why give the Luions a psychological & weather advantage if we don't have to?  I've seen too many great seasons from many teams go up in smoke in the playoffs. 

If we're playing a playoff game in BC the second half of this season will have gone badly.  They are two games behind us right now with 6.5 left (we have 7 they have 6).

6 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Something to keep an eye on:

Brady needs 98 yards to reach 1000 yards rushing for the season.

Other interesting fact...Schoen has scored 23 TDs in 29 games played...that in itself is amazing doing it right from being a raw rookie

I think after tonight he will have 25 after 30 games...

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

The game next week has been sold out for a month and a half - this one sold out 2 days ago and has 4K Bomber fans there. 

And likely when we host t.o we will be rolling into a 3rd straight sell out at home..let's see if TSn acknowledges that

Milt STFU about Labour Day wins over the last 20 years. 

This team isn’t responsible for your perpetual failures in this game. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

And likely when we host t.o we will be rolling into a 3rd straight sell out at home..let's see if TSn acknowledges that

I’m sure the one after will sell out too.