Week Eight: BLM Returns to Battle the Crumback

Just watched the game on PVR,    is BLM more shot then Khari's last days?   I can't imagine him being able to play in wind or cold weather,  those floaters he was tossing were so slow and soft.  He had a tonne of time and protection from his o-line and at this point he can only float balls to wide open receivers.  

Crum is awful and is unable to look at a 2nd read,  he had guys wide open down below and would just stand for several steamboats and then default to his run.  The few times he did make attempts at throws his receivers were super lazy (Acklin/Evans).   

I can't believe 5 ints and they only managed 6 points off them?   Why did Khari hand the ball off to Litre on 2nd down when Williams is averaging 6.6 yards and the middle was loaded up? Why wouldn't they run with Williams along the outside?   Why didn't they run more earlier in the game when Crum clearly was unable to make any passes?  Khari called a bad game.  

Can both teams be giving an L after that game?  Awful performance.  

Also why did Milt say all the pressure was on BC against Edmonton during the rain delay banter?  Milt really comes off as an idiot on the panel and makes Sanchez look like a genius for stating the obvious.  

How did we lose against this Ottawa team?  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Just watched the game on PVR,    is BLM more shot then Khari's last days?   I can't imagine him being able to play in wind or cold weather,  those floaters he was tossing were so slow and soft.  He had a tonne of time and protection from his o-line and at this point he can only float balls to wide open receivers.  

I don't think you need to be concerned about Mitchell playing in the wind or cold. I think he'll come to the realization it's time to retire after suffering this injury. So much for Steinhauer protecting his qb from harm

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Crum is awful and is unable to look at a 2nd read,  he had guys wide open down below and would just stand for several steamboats and then default to his run.  The few times he did make attempts at throws his receivers were super lazy (Acklin/Evans).   

I can't believe 5 ints and they only managed 6 points off them?   Why did Khari hand the ball off to Litre on 2nd down when Williams is averaging 6.6 yards and the middle was loaded up? Why wouldn't they run with Williams along the outside?   Why didn't they run more earlier in the game when Crum clearly was unable to make any passes?  Khari called a bad game.  

Can both teams be giving an L after that game?  Awful performance.  

Also why did Milt say all the pressure was on BC against Edmonton during the rain delay banter?  Milt really comes off as an idiot on the panel and makes Sanchez look like a genius for stating the obvious.  

How did we lose against this Ottawa team?  

Yeah was gonna say...his passes have no velocity anymore. Just soft tosses..a couple of those int's weren't his fault...but his ball is so easy to jump now

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah was gonna say...his passes have no velocity anymore. Just soft tosses..a couple of those int's weren't his fault...but his ball is so easy to jump now

I agree, the same with Crum, that rain could be a factor though. Crums arm seemed alot stronger against Calgary. Time will tell....

hard for me to tell, were ottawa receivers not getting open?

crum seemed to look downfield, and everyone covered.

also, bad day for the redblack oline.

again, why not try to hand off, to run the ball? rainy, slippery, rookie qb. seems like a good idea. 

basically mainly  running anyway,just in a disorganized way.

instead of putting the whole load on crum, let the other players help.

coaches seem to be trying to show how smart they are sometimes.

who is next qb on ottawa list? crum wont last the way its going.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Same thing happened to Ricky Ray when he lost his arm strength, no reason Bo can't continue his career for another 3-4 years but he has to accept he's no longer a gunslinger and has to use his intelligence to distribute the ball on a shorter radius like Ray and Matt Nichols did.  

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Here's the thing about all this.... BLM was awful last night. He threw 5 picks and should have been a 6th that was right in the defender's bread-basket and was flat out dropped. This isn't a huge loss for the Cats. They're better off without him. 

But what if they aren't better off without him? Such is the state of quarterbacks in the cfl right now.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But what if they aren't better off without him? Such is the state of quarterbacks in the cfl right now.

I think they are screwed...C'mon Walters swing a trade for a Carney..or one of Kongbo/Bennet for ratio reasons so we can park our Bennett on the PR

7 hours ago, Booch said:

His long footballs just float up there. He can't throw into any tight windows as he has no velocity. They get picked off. He really, really, really should retire.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The problem is Matthew Schilz is injured. Of any qb on their roster this guy can play. I think they've been so busy trying to fit Mitchell into the position that they ovberlooked that their future qb may already be on the roster.

Looks like Bo, as well as getting long in the tooth is bone brittle.....I would say the best thing for him and for the good of his physical future, would be to hang em up as far as playing...I hope he hangs around the CFL in some capacity....As far as his playing career goes, I would say the fat lady has sung

Edited by Stickem

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Looks like Bo, as well as getting long in the tooth is bone brittle.....I would say the best thing for him and for the good of his physical future, would be to hang em up as far as playing...I hope he hangs around the CFL in some capacity....As far as his playing career goes, I would say the fat lady has sung

Stick him on the panel and let Dunnigan do more games...he cracks me up