Lions v stamps

Mark F

13 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Does anyone else find that the Stampeders jersey makes them oddly hungry for fried chicken?

They always remind me of the old soda bars in Woolworths ,where the soda jerks had the same look pants and shirt ,that also matched the soda bar stools....They look like they should be serving ice cream....orrr kentucky fried

Edited by Stickem

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

They always remind me of the old soda bars in Woolworths ,where the soda jerks had the same look pants and shirt ,that also matched the soda bar stools....They look like they should be serving ice cream

The jerseys are in tune with their attempt to turn back time In Alberta.  I hope their alternative jerseys are rainbows.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

or maybe it's time to start talking about the demise of Calgary... either way, it's week one, which usually doesn't tell us a whole lot... let's revisit in a few weeks. 

Huff relied on recruiting imports for years to keep the cupboard stocked and never took part in bidding for high-end F.A. talent, mainly because there was little need.  Last few years they've lost a lot of the players they invested development time in and it's starting to show.  Dickiebird is in charge now, I don't think he's inclined to spend big in F.A. either, but he might be more enthusiastic about scrap heaping players from other teams.

Edited by Fatty Liver

7 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Calgary has had some rough starts the past few seasons and always find their way back in the mix at the end of the year. I’m not counting them out. BC looked pretty sharp and may be a team to beat this year. 

Well that's the thing. I have a feeling Sask will be better than Calgary this year. That puts Calgary in the 4 spot. They can still cross over and thus be in the mix as you say. I just personally think they are competing with Edmonton for that 4 spot 

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Well that's the thing. I have a feeling Sask will be better than Calgary this year. That puts Calgary in the 4 spot. They can still cross over and thus be in the mix as you say. I just personally think they are competing with Edmonton for that 4 spot 

If Edmonton puts it together (I think they do), Calgary could be on the outside looking in.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Just wait...we gonna have to listen to Suitor now cream his jeans babbling on and on about the Navy Seal lol...so get ready

Actually Booch ,I'm looking forward to seeing how they use him. Will he be primarily the long snapper?