CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

16 hours ago, Geebrr said:

They’re cosplaying a great culture. They think it is great because nobody knows better. 

They know better but have collectively chosen to ignore it...AS A TEAM. Solidarity in that locker room.  Tight knit. No outsider is going to tell them about the culture they have cultivated. 

Edited by GCn20

17 hours ago, Geebrr said:

They’re cosplaying a great culture. They think it is great because nobody knows better. 

A lot of teams that stop being terrible fail to recognize the difference between a great winning culture and great guys to hang out with. I guarantee the practices and locker room on Jordan’s bulls was not easy going. Greatness comes at a steep price. One that can only be paid when all the players buy in to the team being more important than any individual. 
 Most teams that go from bad to in the play offs never take the next step to contention because they won’t or don’t even know the price of admission. We built around guys like randle and Bryant, who came in with that knowledge. They lead by example and taught the guys we had. If a guy played well but didn’t buy in they were gone. 

We built around culture and work ethic. Not a star player or athletes or a strategic concept. 

On 2023-06-06 at 9:21 AM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Didn't the BC lions want to have a show down in a ******* parking lot with Calgary last year? Like a bunch of players (BC vets and starters) try and start something? 

And Kongbo... he... he.. fits into a solid locker room? Is a professional? 

I guess we can wait for all the facts and all that jazz... but as history goes, I am going to give JK the benefit of the doubt before BC 

I'm wondering how much that organization misses Wally Buono's daily influence.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm wondering how much that organization misses Wally Buono's daily influence.

This is a great point. Wally hasn’t been a great x and o guy. I wouldn’t even say he was a great developer. He recognized ast coaches who covered for his short comings extremely well and developed fantastic culture. 
 More than any thing he knew character and what was needed. Which goes hand in hand with being a contract clean up guy after franchises bottom out. I can only imagine how good edm would be if they had listened to him about a hc.