Future Ring of Honour Members (Thanks for the idea, DT)

rebusrankin

I don't know if I can put Jefferson there. Bighill probably same - just spent too much of his career in BC.

Bryant and MOS are already locks. I'd like to see Collaros play for a couple more seasons - I know the Grey Cups are amazing, but this is going to be his second season with us (and first 18 game season). There has to be some longevity to a RoH spot.

I had a bunch that I think eventually get in...especially if they get a 3rd straight Grey Cup.

Doug, Ed and I agreed that Collaros, Bryant and O'Shea are locks. There's going to be multiple major awards for each guy, and a great chance to add to two Grey Cups.

Jefferson, Bighill are right behind.

Alexander, Demski with a couple more years at this level will be in. And Jermarcus Hardrick--for me the best RT in the league the last four years--will get there too.

So, my guess is 8. That's nuts considering they just inducted their 12th player. But this could be a historically great era in the CFL.

1 minute ago, DTonOB said:

I had a bunch that I think eventually get in...especially if they get a 3rd straight Grey Cup.

Doug, Ed and I agreed that Collaros, Bryant and O'Shea are locks. There's going to be multiple major awards for each guy, and a great chance to add to two Grey Cups.

Jefferson, Bighill are right behind.

Alexander, Demski with a couple more years at this level will be in. And Jermarcus Hardrick--for me the best RT in the league the last four years--will get there too.

So, my guess is 8. That's nuts considering they just inducted their 12th player. But this could be a historically great era in the CFL.

I would say that Walters should and would be inducted around, or with Osh...tho they could be at their positions here for 10 more yrs yet....so not sure we induct current employees of the club

Player wise from the 2018 and on era I see Bryant...Harris...Demski...Biggie...Zac, Willie and Yosh as locks, especially if these guys bring home another cup this yr...anything they do after that here is just gravy.

A lot of the same names have been said. And great picks too. 

I love what Wj does and brings I think he has a few much better defensive players a head of him in the list.  

demski is a sleeper imo. A few more years with his continually increasing productivity could lead to him getting in. 

sleeper pick part two is ba. Again if he has a lengthy career I think he’d be ripe to join. 

7 hours ago, DTonOB said:

So, my guess is 8. That's nuts considering they just inducted their 12th player. But this IS a historically great era in the CFL.

Ftfy

What about Thomas? Longest serving member. Just a stable member of that Dline for years! Along with Bryant, was part of the journey from worst to 1st. Would love to see him up there! Not the godly stats but his contribution can't be ignored.

Edited by Bigblue204

Demski is one of those guys who's not there yet, but still has time to do special things.

Ring of Honour discussions are hard, because it is the highest honour. Not making it isn't an insult, you need to be the top of the top and have had team success.

We can't put every talented role player up there. And I also don't love the idea of guys who have only played for the Bombers for 2ish seasons - especially if they've had long careers for other teams.

Bryant is the only player who could retire tomorrow and has already done enough, imo. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Demski is one of those guys who's not there yet, but still has time to do special things.

Ring of Honour discussions are hard, because it is the highest honour. Not making it isn't an insult, you need to be the top of the top and have had team success.

We can't put every talented role player up there. And I also don't love the idea of guys who have only played for the Bombers for 2ish seasons - especially if they've had long careers for other teams.

Bryant is the only player who could retire tomorrow and has already done enough, imo. 

yup...Willy tho will have been here longer than anywhere in his career next yr...already is now with 3 yrs....and is one of the straws that stirs the drinks for the back to back seasons...Biggie is getting close...but the awards he won here, the cuos...and being one of the Culture leaders/instituters...gives him in my opinion a spot

10 hours ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Lol re: Thomas

This. Love Jake but no chance. Jeffcoat would go up before him and even he doesn’t have much of a chance. 

kyrie Wilson if he can come back and sustain his play earlier this year and in the stretch run last year would go up. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This. Love Jake but no chance. Jeffcoat would go up before him and even he doesn’t have much of a chance. 

kyrie Wilson if he can come back and sustain his play earlier this year and in the stretch run last year would go up. 

Thomas I am sure will get a spot in the Bomber Hall tho...tenure of 12 yrs...2 cups....that alone I think gets him in

BA and Jeffcoat...will need to really pour it on for ROH status...but slam dunk Bomber HOF guys..Neuf as well...same with Yosh...I know u cant put all gyuys in from an era...but this era has had some special guys who turned this ship around....Sure wish Randal was able to get that extra yr here to be rewarded too...he was a key guy with big Stan to turn this around...and worked hard to make that culture shift when the first few yrs here under Osh were a bit sketchy....and he also noticed what was within BA and basically annointed him and groomed him as the future leader and helped shape who he is today....guy deserves a lot of credit for where we are today culture wise

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Thomas I am sure will get a spot in the Bomber Hall tho...tenure of 12 yrs...2 cups....that alone I think gets him in

BA and Jeffcoat...will need to really pour it on for ROH status...but slam dunk Bomber HOF guys..Neuf as well...same with Yosh...I know u cant put all gyuys in from an era...but this era has had some special guys who turned this ship around....Sure wish Randal was able to get that extra yr here to be rewarded too...he was a key guy with big Stan to turn this around...and worked hard to make that culture shift when the first few yrs here under Osh were a bit sketchy....and he also noticed what was within BA and basically annointed him and groomed him as the future leader and helped shape who he is today....guy deserves a lot of credit for where we are today culture wise

Hof I agree he should get a nod. Crazy how long he’s been good for. 

I think mo would’ve been close with another couple seasons too. Hurts that he and randle island missed out on the great success.