What's your dream commentary/referee game day lineup

Nolby

• Nolby changed the title to What's your dream commentary/referee game day lineup

Local radio - pre/post game is Bob Irving, Ed Tait, Joe Poplawski, and Bob Cameron. Game call Irving, Neil Lumsden and Greg Marshall (player, not coach) for colour. Player features Joe Pascucci. Sideline Kelly Moore. Happy honker Jack Wells.

TV - pre/post game James Duthie, Chris Schultz, Matt Dunigan, Bo Levi Mitchell, coaching analyst Paul LaPolice, features Dave Naylor/Stephen Brunt, play-by-play Don Wittman, analyst Duane Forde, sideline Sara Orlesky. 

Related to this topic but as an aside. I'll tell you what I miss. Having Don Blanchard from the Free Press & Jack Matheson the Sports Editor of the Winnipeg Tribune covering the Bombers like a blanket. There'd be 3, 4 or 5 stories everyday about the team in each paper. The stories would be different as well in each paper meaning fans could really get the scoop on what was happening with the tean. 

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Related to this topic but as an aside. I'll tell you what I miss. Having Don Blanchard from the Free Press & Jack Matheson the Sports Editor of the Winnipeg Tribune covering the Bombers like a blanket. There'd be 3, 4 or 5 stories everyday about the team in each paper. The stories would be different as well in each paper meaning fans could really get the scoop on what was happening with the tean. 

Hal Sigurdson had a nice touch.

A bona fide counterpunch to Matheson's acerbic writing/broadcasting style

One thing I’ve noticed with DT and Doug Brown is that they are really bad at describing formations and offensive plays.  I listened to the Calgary game and watched it later, neither of Demski’s two TDs were remotely like what I envisioned from the radio call/breakdown.  Maybe could use a QB or more offensive minded person in the booth with them.

Also need to say score and clock more often for people who are driving to the lake or on a boat, no TV.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One thing I’ve noticed with DT and Doug Brown is that they are really bad at describing formations and offensive plays.  I listened to the Calgary game and watched it later, neither of Demski’s two TDs were remotely like what I envisioned from the radio call/breakdown.  Maybe could use a QB or more offensive minded person in the booth with them.

Also need to say score and clock more often for people who are driving to the lake or on a boat, no TV.

Rule of thumb in broadcasting is "every 2 minutes".... 

On 2022-08-01 at 2:17 PM, Fatty Liver said:

Oh, like a Sleeman ad?

The Sleeman story is an interesting one. The Sleemans migrated to the US of A in colonial times and for a time, make a hansom living putting up fake lighthouse light at night on the east coast to lure ships onto the rocks and then pillaging them. Eventually, things got to be too hot for them to stay and continue to ply their trade, so they fled to Ontario.

Having no trade experience among them, they decided to brew beer as it was the easiest way to earn a living. The rest is history as they became respectable.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Sleeman story is an interesting one. The Sleemans migrated to the US of A in colonial times and for a time, make a hansom living putting up fake lighthouse light at night on the east coast to lure ships onto the rocks and then pillaging them. Eventually, things got to be too hot for them to stay and continue to ply their trade, so they fled to Ontario.

Having no trade experience among them, they decided to brew beer as it was the easiest way to earn a living. The rest is history as they became respectable.

Sounds about as respectable as the Bronfman clan.