Week 14 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

On 2021-11-05 at 9:50 PM, JCon said:

Vandervoort. I wish the Bombers had drafted him. Can't remember who they picked, obviously better, but I wanted him. 

Good thing about armchair-GM is that I can't be fired. 

Doesn't matter who we drafted ahead of him because we could have had him for nothing when BC released him.

On 2021-11-05 at 10:03 PM, Brandon said:

I assume we want the Riders to win so they  host Calgary and hopefully beat them in the play offs right?

Cornelius is hanging onto that ball far to long after that one good drive.  Put in Arbuckle. 

I want the two teams in the WSF to beat the crap out of each other. That is all. If it is a tie game that needs OT even better. Not scared of either team in the WSF but we won the right to rest and they won the right to come in limping.

On 2021-11-05 at 10:16 PM, Noeller said:

Gainey and Marshall are easily two of the most overrated players in the league. Anything else is hilarious. 

You could literally take a name out of the hat from the RIders roster and they would be one of the most overrated players in the league. Our CDN CFL media thrives on Rider clickbait and overrating them is a great way to get clicks. I found it hilarious when Rod Pederson even admitted to this on his podcast. He said when he was Rider media and needed to drum up action on his twitter and blogs all he had to do was suggest the Riders were going to win the Cup.

On 2021-11-05 at 11:23 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

The sad part is…..there is no Ellington, Walker or Wilder and the Riders are barely hanging on. 

I was thinking the same thing when they were bragging about how great their defence played. Grey Cup calibre D according to Riderfans. They were playing the Elks scout offence.

On 2021-11-06 at 4:15 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

A couple of takeaways from last night's games:

TSN just pumps the tires of certain players. One of them is Simoni Lawrence. He's one of the dirtiest players in the CFl. He's been fined multiple times & suspended yet there's TSN calling him a great guy over & over. 

Fajardo & the deep ball. I swear to God if I hear that one more time...

We wouldn't have to hear it if he would finally complete one. Don't put all the blame on the media, it's a narrative that won't go away because Fajardo is keeping it going.

On 2021-11-06 at 5:07 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Dedman alone is worth the price of admission. Not much else has been in Ottawa this year. 

Dinwiddie showing some warts as a rookie HC. Bad clock management last week and an unchallengeable challenge this week. Experience will sort that stuff out. 

Dinwiddie is going to be a good one. We saw a lot of the same stuff with Osh his first year but you can tell by watching the effort of the players. His guys show up for him.

On 2021-11-06 at 5:16 PM, Noeller said:

3 ST guys.... Dedmon, Leone and Ward.... All re signed over the past couple weeks. 

STs are the only guys deserving of continued employment in Ottawa I guess.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't say she is doing a great job.  She isn't doing a terrible job either,  she's just there. 

She was getting a little pissy a week ago making the statement to the panel to the effect that she's not being included in the discussion. Why? She's the host. Not the expert. Yeah, I don't hate her as a host but I just think she tries to joke around too much. The panel loses focus.

I honestly am not a fan of the TSN pre or post game stuff. None of that interests me at all. CJOB pre and post game, and TSN for the PBP (only so I can actually see the game... a lot of times I'll go back to the vault and listen to Irving's PBP the day after for a different perspective...) 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly am not a fan of the TSN pre or post game stuff. None of that interests me at all. CJOB pre and post game, and TSN for the PBP (only so I can actually see the game... a lot of times I'll go back to the vault and listen to Irving's PBP the day after for a different perspective...) 

I only listen to Bauming and Walby now really.

I prefer Bob Ed and Doug. 

Just I guess lake life and Bob Irving back in the day 

Basically lived at the cabin for half lol more like until age 11,so like less than 1/3rd (damn I miss that)  the life so Bob is definitely a memory and nostalgic.  Ed is an actual journalist and while Doug might think he's the smartest guy in the room he's a bomber I grew up watching. Walby is a legend but honestly I don't think I ever saw him play in person or TV but do remember him as a substitute teacher for gym later on. Buckeyes represent. 

Edited by Goalie

This was before the Facebook and prob these sites even. Perhaps even before computers were in every home or when cell phones required you to have a satellite dish pretty much.. the good old days the simpler days the less ridiculous less sensitive less bs in the world days. I never used a ******* car seat..  I sat on my mom's lap until my sister was born then car seats. Much funner times. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I only listen to Bauming and Walby now really.

Bauming, Hamilton, and Wyman are all dead to me for the Harris screw job. I said I would boycott them and I still am. Hamilton made any shot of redemption even worse during Chevy-gate. I wish Winnipeg sports teams would revoke his press pass.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Bauming, Hamilton, and Wyman are all dead to me for the Harris screw job. I said I would boycott them and I still am. Hamilton made any shot of redemption even worse during Chevy-gate. I wish Winnipeg sports teams would revoke his press pass.

I didn't say Wyman or Hamilton I wouldn't listen to either on a pre-game.

I don't have much interest listening to 75% commercials on CJOB

Edited by Geebrr

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

I prefer Bob Ed and Doug. 

Just I guess lake life and Bob Irving back in the day 

Basically lived at the cabin for half lol more like until age 11,so like less than 1/3rd (damn I miss that)  the life so Bob is definitely a memory and nostalgic.  Ed is an actual journalist and while Doug might think he's the smartest guy in the room he's a bomber I grew up watching. Walby is a legend but honestly I don't think I ever saw him play in person or TV but do remember him as a substitute teacher for gym later on. Buckeyes represent. 

Walby was an absolute beast!!