Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

Calgary, if they can win, which I doubt, can pull within one game of the Riders and take the season series. If they managed to finish with the same record, they host the West SF. Then, it would be between the Riders and Lions to see who goes to Calgary and who goes East for the playoffs. 

If nothing else, it makes the West interesting for the rest of the year. 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I hope cry baby Cody has another **** game,shits on his teammates again and our Western province can stay quiet for another week.

Why doubt that they can win..they won last game..and that's with crapping the bed the whole 2nd half..they have a recievr back....and their defense is gelling...I like their chances and can see Fajardo trying to silence the critics and throwing several picks

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

A stamps win over the riders really makes the west interesting and puts the heat squarely on the melon heads. After their "hot start" suddenly they are in a battle for a home playoff game. Would love to see it so for today only go stamps go. Kick the anthill!

No excuse needed for wishing that the Riders get their butts kicked from start to finish. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

A stamps win over the riders really makes the west interesting and puts the heat squarely on the melon heads. After their "hot start" suddenly they are in a battle for a home playoff game. Would love to see it so for today only go stamps go. Kick the anthill!

If Calgary wins today our magic number to clinch first is 2.

And we go to Edmonton next week and have BC here the week after.

I know odds are heavily in our favour to finish first but I still want to clinch ASAP.

Edited by Geebrr

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

And we ho to Edmonton next week and have BC here the week after.

I know odds are heavily in our favour to finish first but I still want to clinch ASAP.

The team needs to avoid ladies of the night- they are not the Dallas Cowboys.

25 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I have to disagree slightly… let’s say they clinch in the next two weeks… then they have a bye, 3 meaningless games, and another bye… and finally a meaningful game after about 5 of 6 weeks… that’s a long time between important games…

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I have to disagree slightly… let’s say they clinch in the next two weeks… then they have a bye, 3 meaningless games, and another bye… and finally a meaningful game after about 5 of 6 weeks… that’s a long time between important games…

Just keep pedal to metal ..any game is important

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

They aren't going to play half speed so I am not worried at all.

That is media stuff. They don't look at any game as meaningless.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Just keep pedal to metal ..any game is important

Exactly.

I don't think getting rusty after finishing first is as big an issue as it gets made out to be.

The benefits of having a playoff bye are much bigger than that - especially for getting everyone healthier

Sure, it happens once in a while, but the truth is there are 1 or 2 first place teams in almost every Grey Cup.   

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

I don't think getting rusty after finishing first is as big an issue as it gets made out to be.

The benefits of having a playoff bye are much bigger than that - especially for getting everyone healthier

Sure, it happens once in a while, but the truth is there are 1 or 2 first place teams in almost every Grey Cup.   

It is over blown.

This team plays incredibly physical. It gives us a chance to rest a guy here or there that needs it.

It gets some of these guys that bust their ass in practice and on teams a chance to play.

They had a year and a half off and were ready game 1 this year.

They're fine. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I believe the magic number for the Bombers to clinch 1st is 3 regardless of what happens tonight. The tie-breaker for the Lions isn't determined yet so they can still get 1st if they tie the Bombers win-loss record.

Even if the other Western teams win the rest of their games Bombers just need to win 3 of their last 5 games and they get 1st. 

Ha! Nice start Sask

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I believe the magic number for the Bombers to clinch 1st is 3 regardless of what happens tonight. The tie-breaker for the Lions isn't determined yet so they can still get 1st if they tie the Bombers win-loss record.

Even if the other Western teams win the rest of their games Bombers just need to win 3 of their last 5 games and they get 1st. 

Yup, but I want it in 2!