CFL Week 1 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can you really look at Zach's stats and say they were not EXTREMELY similar to Nichols? The entire state line from Thursday was a Nichols special. 

we probably win that game with 2019 Matty Ice ... but with 2021 wounded Matt I have serious questions.

look at how the Ticats were stacking the box and stuffing Brady O until Collaros started hucking it deep.  without that deep passing threat, it doesn't happen for us.

Edited by johnzo

Just now, JCon said:

Can you really look at Zach's stats and say they were not EXTREMELY similar to Nichols? The entire state line from Thursday was a Nichols special. 

Maybe but the offense was different. Buck called deep passes a number of times & Zach just gives another dimension to the offense. Once Oliveira started to gain yards Buck called more run plays as he was getting 4, 5 & 6 yards a pop & more everytime. So, Zach's passing stats were affected. Otherwise he'd have had over 300 yards.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Pre-pancaked Nichols not only wins that GC game but likely finishes more drives and we settle for less FGs. He was tearing the league a new ******* in 2019 prior to getting squashed from behind.... 

2017 Nichols wins. But I don't think post 2017 Nichols does. 

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

we probably win that game with 2019 Matty Ice ... but with 2021 Matt I have serious questions.

look at how the Ticats were stacking the box until Collaros started hucking it deep.

2019 Nichols was already severely hobbled and his passing was suffering. Especially deep. 

Just now, WildPath said:

First week of the season and I am already super frustrated with the CFL music promotion BS. You gotta wonder how much they make to promote horrible acts and get broadcasters to talk about them.

Qft I'm done with that crap. I mute it every time. I wish they'd stop it. This isn't how you market to younger people. Here's new music you should like it cus we said so. 

The refs should crack down on Wilder this is silly. 

I hate that we've missed out on walker twice 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft I'm done with that crap. I mute it every time. I wish they'd stop it. This isn't how you market to younger people. Here's new music you should like it cus we said so. 

The refs should crack down on Wilder this is silly. 

I hate that we've missed out on walker twice 

What about Wilder? His insistence on the crop top? Cause that makes it look pretty bush league out there. Penalize him every damn time.

Just now, Mark F said:

thought the bombers tackling was good, didn't see any of the diving tackle bs.

The Bombers wrapped and swarmed. No good d ever has bad tackling. 

Just now, WildPath said:

What about Wilder? His insistence on the crop top? Cause that makes it look pretty bush league out there. Penalize him every damn time.

Yeeeep. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I will defend everything Nichols did for this team, but my god that dudes shoulder is completely F'ed up. He can't throw for ****. Feel bad for him 

The rest doesn't matter. Right now that guy needs plop to take care of him and sit him down till he's 100 percent. It reminds me of kharis late days. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The rest doesn't matter. Right now that guy needs plop to take care of him and sit him down till he's 100 percent. It reminds me of kharis late days. 

is there ever going to be 100% for him again? i am not a medical person but given his history it doesn't seem promising.