Random Jets News

I'm just throwing out names.  Maybe Reynolds who does do play by play would jump at the opportunity but again just throwing out some names. Could be Jenn Botteril for that matter. Yes works for sportsnet but likely more convenient for her to be in Winnipeg more often. Jenn makes more sense as Asst coach tho. Maybe the JetsTV guy Mitchell Clinton or Jamie Thomas 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm thinking they might bridge him for 2 years.  At that time Wheeler's contract is up , and there will be more money available to pay him.  He likely supplants Schiefele as 1C too.

Two year deal would make him a UFA after those years. 

I bet they try for a 6 year deal, buying 4 years of UFA for cheap. 

For those that can read The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/3277644/2022/04/28/dubois-future-jets-offseason-scenarios/

Talks about different scenarios... Arbitration, Offer Sheets, Long term, or trade.

For long term, one of their statistical models would have him at $7.2M AAV, which would be 8.76% of the cap (same cap percentage Connor signed for a couple of years back).

Of course, he may demand a premium for being a centre.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Arbitration means we will have to start thinking about a trade this summer or next.  If he goes for arbitration for the next two years, that brings him into UFA.

Yeah but you could go to arbitration this year and see how the season goes. The team is going to look very different next year, one would hope. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah but you could go to arbitration this year and see how the season goes. The team is going to look very different next year, one would hope. 

Sure, but he is not going to get any cheaper with only one year of RFA left.  And at that point, he has to be thinking why not just play out one more year and see what can happen in the open market.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Sure, but he is not going to get any cheaper with only one year of RFA left.  And at that point, he has to be thinking why not just play out one more year and see what can happen in the open market.

Oh, yeah, I want him signed long term. I just wonder how the Jets will approach it knowing that a lot will change in the next few months.