Random Jets News

15 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Good read from Wiebe.

Thanks.... So far nobody has actually said what the problem is.

I dont think they will, if anyone even knows.

It would be Pretty unusual for anyone working for pro sports team to actually say what they think.

theres no upside for the individual and lots of down.

Edited by Mark F

I'm sure every player/family has their reasons, but man, I can't imagine dropping out of school after one year and going pro. Get your education...hockey will be there in a few years....and then you've got something to fall back on. But I suppose if he's good enough, and smart enough, he'll make the money now while he's young and healthy, and if he needed to go back to school, he could always do that, too.....

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm sure every player/family has their reasons, but man, I can't imagine dropping out of school after one year and going pro. Get your education...hockey will be there in a few years....and then you've got something to fall back on. But I suppose if he's good enough, and smart enough, he'll make the money now while he's young and healthy, and if he needed to go back to school, he could always do that, too.....

Agree.  He's a high potential, high first round pick, and even though he improved as the season went on, he did not dominate the NCAA like a KC did in his one year.  He also made this decision later than most, plus his little brother who is 2022 draft eligible, was going to join the Gophers next seasons.  Makes me wonder a little if he was struggling academically, or some other reason behind this.  Most likely spends a couple years with the Moose to continue developing.

we have two more games with him (unless sundays game is on Sportsnet)

May be an image of text that says 'TSN Dennis Beyak, the longtime play-by-play voice of JETS ON TSN, has announced he will retire from Winnipeg Jets broadcasts at the end of the current season. Dennis will continue to appear as part of TSN's international hockey coverage. We congratulate Dennis on his incredible career as the voice of the Jets, and look forward to having him continue as a valued member of our international hockey broadcast team.'

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

well I hope he doesn't expect to be on the jets right away  because well I think FotWJ can explain it better than me

May be an image of text that says 'FANS WINNIPEG JETS � ETS WINNIPED M As reported last night 2021 1st round pick Chaz Lucius has signed a 3 year ELC with the Jets. The Jets have options for him. He can play with the Jets which is doubtful, he can play for the Moose or he can be loaned to Portland of the WHL. The most likely scenario would be loan to Portland at least to start the 22-23 season'

Congrats to Dennis on a wonderful career! Really cool that he got to come "home" to finish off his career...that's a neat cherry on the sundae. So many great options out there as a replacement, but I'd be shocked if Edmonds didn't get the call. It's the natural progression. The young kid doing Moose games could get the bump up to Jets radio. Lotta options, though.... so many great hockey PBPs in this country. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Congrats to Dennis on a wonderful career! Really cool that he got to come "home" to finish off his career...that's a neat cherry on the sundae. So many great options out there as a replacement, but I'd be shocked if Edmonds didn't get the call. It's the natural progression. The young kid doing Moose games could get the bump up to Jets radio. Lotta options, though.... so many great hockey PBPs in this country. 

I really hope not. Bad enough to hear him on the radio. 

Yeah, I have immense respect for Leah, but her PBP call is not for me, personally. If I was betting money, I wouldn't think she's getting the call up, but who knows. The interesting thing is the TV rights and Radio rights are separate now. Who does Bell want doing it? Does Edmonds have any bad blood from the TSN Radio shut down? These things tend to be complicated, but as a media nerd, I'm very curious to see what route they go. 

Sawyer can go anytime. Bring over the former Moose player who filled in during Sawyers covid bout. 

As for beyak , I'll miss him but he's definitely been a bit i dunno what the last several months, not as good? Colorado highs? Calling some team Montreal, mixing up names more often also. Wonder if they try to grab Sean Reynolds or if Munz gets promoted. I would enjoy Paul Maurice as the color guy over Sawyer too, good talker, definitely best attribute Paul had 

Reynolds or Munz is my guess tho. 

Edited by Goalie

Sean Reynolds works for Sportsnet....not even sure he's a PBP guy at all. That makes no sense whatsoever. Munz is working for the Ice....not sure he'll be making the leap. Edmonds, despite being a Corus employee, is the natural progression. But they could also go right off the page and bring in someone from out of market. You just never know what TSN/Bell might do.  

Edited by Noeller

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sean Reynolds works for Sportsnet....not even sure he's a PBP guy at all. That makes no sense whatsoever. Munz is working for the Ice....not sure he'll be making the leap. Edmonds, despite being a Corus employee, is the natural progression. But they could also go right off the page and bring in someone from out of market. You just never know what TSN/Bell might do.  

Isn't Munz with Golf Manitoba? 

He's not a good PBP either.