Random Jets News

It was Remembrance Day weekend 1986. Almost 8,000 showed up at the old arena after being snowed in for 3 days. Stiil the lowest crowd ever at the time, but was remarkable given the City had shut down. Basically cabin fever had hit so people did anything to get out of their houses and the game gave them an excuse.  

From FotWJ regarding tomorrows game: 

In regard to our impending Blizzard and Wednesday's game.
Seattle is scheduled to arrive 2 - 3 am Wed, morning.
They should be able to get in. If the teams can get to the rink than the game will be played. Should that not be possible it would "officially" be postponed. Only to be played if the Jets are still in playoff contention.

Even if this happens I don't expect fans in the stands

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The game will be played at the end of the season. Jets will not let money go to waste :D

yeah but Seattle is not in playoff contention

also I got a reply regarding fans in the stands: Depends on how bad things are. Staff have to be able to get to the rink as well.

Edited by iHeart

10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah but Seattle is not in playoff contention

also I got a reply regarding fans in the stands: Depends on how bad things are. Staff have to be able to get to the rink as well.

Speaking of final home game which this could be if suspended...I think we should make it a "white out" whether it's Calgary or Seattle. Whose with me? Let's get this to trend.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Unfortunate cuz Seattle's first ever draft pick would have made his debut vs Winnipeg. Kids gonna be good

They boosted him up to tonight's game.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-matty-beniers-to-make-nhl-debut-tonight/c-332909656

And the guy drafted ahead of him also plays tonight.

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-owen-power-to-make-nhl-debut-vs-maple-leafs/c-332890656 🥰

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Where was he when it mattered. 

1 is as good as gone and they should retain 2 million a year on Blake and move him. The leadership has failed 

If you’re right then Coaching and Management must go because they allowed it to continue. Bring in a new regime that won’t tolerate poor leadership, poor play and poor team commitment regardless of who you are.

Again, if you’re right.

23 hours ago, Goalie said:

Like I care what you say

You cared enough to reply. 

Mischievous Grin GIFs | Tenor

On 2022-04-21 at 1:16 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

You’d make a great NHL GM…….to commit highway robbery on with every knee-jerk trade you’d make at the first moment of hardship. 

The kneejerk bullshit from fans and media here recently is embarrassing to see. I've come across some absolute gems of stupidity.

Yeah, this season was a failure and there are a number of factors that played into that. But moving top players and retaining salary to do so just smacks of emotionally-charged ignorance.

A new coaching staff is what's needed. That has to be the organization's top priority.

Day after the season is over Chipman needs to have a presser and say that he has ley go the GM and the coaching staff and he will immediately start a search for the new GM who will find the new HC who will intern hire his own assistants. Its the only way this team will be able to start the long way back to being a competitive team.