Random Jets News

Just now, BomberBall said:

I kind of agree... Why move Stastny to wing?  So Lowry won’t be on the 4th?  IMO he’s a solid 4C.  One thing I like about Stastny on the wing, is it gives Gustafsson a shot at 4C, but didn’t Maurice already say Harkins is getting that chance?

Tonight he is. Vesalainen is in also. 

Just now, BomberBall said:

I kind of agree... Why move Stastny to wing?  So Lowry won’t be on the 4th?  IMO he’s a solid 4C.  One thing I like about Stastny on the wing, is it gives Gustafsson a shot at 4C, but didn’t Maurice already say Harkins is getting that chance?

But Stastny should be in your top 6. He's better than anyone else in the bottom half. So, you have a player that can take faceoffs, if needed. 

Laine didn't wanna be here and I'll bet Columbus moves him for a 1st and prospect at the deadline. Rumors are the money ask is quite high. 

Why did PLD want out. If you believe rumors he is a big family guy and wanted to be closer to them. Dad lives here. 

Also some rumors are Columbus has a few MAGA supporters as leaders and PLD did not see eye to eye with them. 

Digging a little deeper and my take is that this trade was affecting play....Laine played the first game and definitely was showcasing his talent....did a helluva job too, but his team mates had a good idea of what was going down...I noticed a definite uptick in all of the guys on the bench when Laine was suffering his 'so called' injury (not buying that one)... I think a lot of this behind the scenes stuff was affecting play.. Winning in Ottawa twice was a good thing and I think everyone is happy all round....Laine was being protected so he didn't get injured before the deal could be made...same for Dubois....and now that it's a done deal, I bet Laine is back on the ice for the Jackets pronto....Not too happy with the 3rd rounder for Roso ...thought we should have had a second BUT it is what is...I think it's a good trade for both clubs ... Dubois is certainly going to be happy going to a better club and if the money works out for a long term deal with him...we're laughing

Edited by Stickem

30 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I liked the look of Harkins out there, he's definitely going to get more looks the way he's been playing.

41 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I remember being at the Bombers game and watching the Jets draft Laine, the elation i felt that day is now matched by the sorrow to see him go. We lost this deal just like when we traded Selanne. But we have to move on.....Go Jets!

I was doing the same thing.  It’s rough for sure....  But we’ve made out WAY better than we did with the Selanne trade. 

43 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I remember being at the Bombers game and watching the Jets draft Laine, the elation i felt that day is now matched by the sorrow to see him go. We lost this deal just like when we traded Selanne. But we have to move on.....Go Jets!

Emotionally this may feel like the Selanne trade, but the return here is a legit 1B centre, not some prospects and pixie dust in Kilger and Tverdovsky.  Selanne ended up in the HOF.  We will see where Mr. Laine ends up.  As was said earlier, not likely Columbus.

Edited by Tony Fresco

Pretty shocked but I guess it turns out the rumours regarding Laine's contentedness here were, at the very least, partially true. A real shame to lose such an offensive talent, IMO.

But the return is good - and better if Dubois re-signs here in the near future. I was hoping for something higher than a third rounder for Roslovic but it is what it is at this point.

This team looks lethal down the middle and that's crucial in today's NHL. I just hope whatever attitude problems Dubois had in Columbus stayed there. I don't think Tortorella is a good coach with younger players and Dubois didn't seem to be an exception.

Looking forward to seeing him in a Jets jersey, anyway. He's a very talented centre.

Jets got absolutely hosed on that trade and way to many people trying to talk themselves into thinking it's a good deal. 

I wouldn't say it was as one sided as the Selanne or Evander Kane trade... but the Jets absolutely should of received at least a top 4 d-man or a real prospect on top of the 3rd round pick coming back.  

Potential 50 goal scorers do not come by frequently.... Bryan Little like centers are not impossible to find.   I really think they could of got more for Laine.   As for Roslovic leaving,  not a huge loss he didnt' really have flashes of brilliance when he played with us so I don't think we will miss him. 

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Jets got absolutely hosed on that trade and way to many people trying to talk themselves into thinking it's a good deal. 

I wouldn't say it was as one sided as the Selanne or Evander Kane trade... but the Jets absolutely should of received at least a top 4 d-man or a real prospect on top of the 3rd round pick coming back.  

Potential 50 goal scorers do not come by frequently.... Bryan Little like centers are not impossible to find.   I really think they could of got more for Laine.   As for Roslovic leaving,  not a huge loss he didnt' really have flashes of brilliance when he played with us so I don't think we will miss him. 

4a11wxyxy4d61.jpg?width=508&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bf358843600474580ddfe6fdd22b4d1e8c2c0431 

Not at all. Laine is a great player, no doubt. But the Jets added a bona fide #1 center today.

Jets fans WAY overrated Laine and are continuing to do so.
Edited by Dr Zaius