Random Jets News

Forsberg needs to spend a week or so there. Poolman was likely related to yesterdays practice being cancelled. 

Only positive here is Niku gets more games and likely needs them.. gonna be honest with him.. think he needs to show more. This gives him time to do that. Sucks tho cuz I thought with Demelo back from child birth.. we'd get a look at our top 6 D  all in the lineup finally. Guess not yet tho. 

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

No one edits this Tweets? 

"Despite playing most of his career as a winger... he's only the 4th on this all-American list" 

Despite being a winger, here he is compared to other wingers. They start the sentence trying to make sound like he's done something unique as a winger but are comparing him to wingers? Gah, just bad writing. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

No one edits this Tweets? 

"Despite playing most of his career as a winger... he's only the 4th on this all-American list" 

Despite being a winger, here he is compared to other wingers. They start the sentence trying to make sound like he's done something unique as a winger but are comparing him to wingers? Gah, just bad writing. 

absolutely was the first thing that jumped out at me.... also, apparently wingers don't pass....only score. Oiiiiiiiiii veyyyyyyy...... you know how I know there's too many people in hockey media who never actually played hockey but are "huge fans"?? 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

absolutely was the first thing that jumped out at me.... also, apparently wingers don't pass....only score. Oiiiiiiiiii veyyyyyyy...... you know how I know there's too many people in hockey media who never actually played hockey but are "huge fans"?? 

Agreed and the whole phrasing was weird. I looked at the list and said, these are all wingers? Why mention that what he's done is different from other wingers then compare him to wingers? Tell me how he compares to the top American in assists. 

Sorry, it's Friday and poorly worded and contextualized Twitter is making me cranky. I need more Bernie memes. 

Edited by JCon

Just for Friday fun, let's say we pull the pin with Laine and send him to the Bluejackets.

What does the crystal ball say in how the relationship with him and Tortorella unfolds if any signs of adversity presents itself? And same with Dubois/Maurice? 

I know depends on what type of adversity but interesting nonetheless to wonder.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just for Friday fun, let's say we pull the pin with Laine and send him to the Bluejackets.

What does the crystal ball say in how the relationship with him and Tortorella unfolds if any signs of adversity presents itself? And same with Dubois/Maurice? 

Columbus calls us today and says, "Dubois to Laine, straight up."  

👍 or 👎

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Laine on first line in CBJ. No problem. With Dubois here well we have 1A and 1B. Dont forget we might as well send Stastny + Roslo to CBJ too.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I don't know guys.....Laine being out of the line-up (are they keeping him there because a trade is in the offing).....Same as Dubois...essentially being out of Columbus's lineup (going for an ice capade skate when on the ice for the Jackets,essentially)...hmmmmmm...I smell trade winds blowing and both sides are trying to keep their players who want out of their respective towns (apparently) under wraps....Could be I'm dreamin'.....and would hate to see Patrik go...BUT Dubois is one helluva player...I hope the heck we know what we are doing IF this is the case...Seems a stretch but ya just never know