Random Jets News

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He has played really good hockey for them this year. He's not a world beater but he is an upgrade for us at 2C and it leaves lots of room for further upgrades. Montreal fan forums saying he was their best player so far this year.

The 1st will be a late 1st rounder and the third only happens if we win the Stanley Cup.

Let’s just go ahead and give them the 3rd.  Who’s on board?

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Nice pick up and should add some nice scoring punch....Monahan was looking at going to a contender, we are definitely that, and I hope take us deep into the playoffs as a solid Cup contender...Good move

Being the irrational nervous nelly that I am, all I'm hoping for right now is he helps us secure a playoff spot then think about hoping he helps take us deep into them. 

The standings are so tight right now that going on a heater or going on a cooler can drastically change a teams situation in the standings.

I'm making no assumptions right now, analytics be damned.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Before he even plays a game for us I rate it as < Stastny > Hayes.

His ppg this season with not Ehlers and perfetti is like 0.71. Stastny was about 0.63. 

Monahans low salary tho allows us to add more. 

the more I think about this one the more I like it. He fits the age group also and gets paid less than Iafallo. Dudes making Appleton money. 

Edited by Goalie

Lindholm would have been ok but 1st plus roster player plus Defensive prospect is plus B prospect = 1st. Iafallo or Barron plus salomonson or heinola and other prospect. 

monahan for a late 1st when we have Montreal’s 2nd in a weak after top 15 draft is solid. 

Still gonna have about 5 million in space to add

Edited by Goalie

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

His ppg this season with not Ehlers and perfetti is like 0.71. Stastny was about 0.63. 

the more I think about this one the more I like it. He fits the age group also and gets paid less than Iafallo. Dudes making Appleton money. 

And for the next 35+ games it will help us decide if we want to retain his services heading into the 2024/2025 season.

For what's it worth I found this piece of info that may help with perspective in giving up a first round draft pick.

Taken from Sportsnet a story by Jason Bukala:

The Jets paid what seems to be the going rate this trade deadline season. First-round picks clearly have to be included to push deals to the finish line. The Jets’ first-round pick should land somewhere between 26-32 in June.

It should be recognized that Winnipeg already owned Montreal’s 2024 second-round pick, which should end up being inside the top 40, so even after moving their first they still have a relatively early swing at a future prospect with that draft slot. 

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

We need D prospects. The real good ones are gone top 15 this year. I’m pretty sure Scheifele and Helle and KC and Josh and Lowry are happy they are trying to win 

The pick is only probably a few spots higher than the Montreal 2nd we have and we have too many prospects than we have holes to fill right now.  As it is we will be trading some good players out just to make room for McG, Chibs, Lambert etc

Edited by GCn20

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The pick is only probably a few spots higher than the Montreal 2nd we have and we have too many prospects than we have holes to fill right now.  As it is we will be trading some good players out just to make room for McG, Chibs, Lambert etc

I’d be good with moving that pick also. Honestly go 4 it. That’s 5 years from now. We are good now. I think McG lambert and salo are untouchable. Chibrikov could get you a young rhd perhaps but I like him a ton. Just not sure there’s a spot in the future there. Maybe. But I wouldn’t give him away in a rental trade. 

Edited by Goalie

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

I’d be good with moving that pick also. Honestly go 4 it. That’s 5 years from now. We are good now. I think McG lambert and salo are untouchable. Chibrikov could get you a young rhd perhaps but I like him a ton. Just not sure there’s a spot in the future there. Maybe. But I wouldn’t give him away in a rental trade. 

Yea..we need D prospects but our cupboards are full at forward. 

On 2024-02-02 at 12:51 PM, Goalie said:

If the Canadiens Monahan shows up then he'll be a legit 2md line centre. If the Flames Monahan shows up, he'll be a waste of a roster spot. 

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He had a pretty good Flames career up until Covid.

He started out strong after he was drafted by the Flames & put up some very good numbers goals & points wise. As he got older his production went down. His last few years in Calgary were brutal.. I think that his career has bounced back a bit. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He started out strong after he was drafted by the Flames & put up some very good numbers goals & points wise. As he got older his production went down. His last few years in Calgary were brutal.. I think that his career has bounced back a bit. 

Looking at his Wiki he had an injury run that would give Chaz nightmares.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:50 AM, GCn20 said:

Yea..we need D prospects but our cupboards are full at forward. 

But our roster will be also when Ehlers kc Vilardi perfetti sign new deals. Scheifele plus Helle signing extensions = they gonna try to win the next 8 years. 

prospects are fun but If someone offered me a 1 even 2 rhd legit young rhd in return, I trade all of them except Rutger. Maybe the hope is to integrate a few each year but not sure Bones is the coach for that.  If they trying to win now, they are, nobody can truly be untouchable prospects wise.  But you don’t trade them for rentals. 

Edited by Goalie