Random Jets News

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was just thinking about that trade. Because of Roslo, points wise we lost it but then we traded PLD and now it's Laine for Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and a 2nd :D

and Danny Zhilkin, who we got with the third round pick we got in that trade too.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

He deserves it. But, I would rather see him overripen with the Moose a while longer. 

I wonder if KC uses BL in anyway in a trade package or is he off limits?

KC does believe in the draft, develop, play approach so likely answer is no  it would have to be a steal for us to give him up.

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wonder if KC uses BL in anyway in a trade package or is he off limits?

KC does believe in the draft, develop, play approach so likely answer is no  it would have to be a steal for us to give him up.

I'm going to say, no. Only because of his obvious upside and team control. 

BL Salomonsson Rutger and prob chibrikov right now are off limits. 

id imagine a guy like Lucius or one of the younger goalies might be available 

but it’s pretty rare to see an A prospect traded for a rental. Normally 1st plus B prospect does it. 

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

but it’s pretty rare to see an A prospect traded for a rental. Normally 1st plus B prospect does it. 

Yup but not always for a rental. Sometimes the goal is to lock up said player acquired at trade deadline for next season(s). 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I honestly hope Chevy's days of trading away our first pick are done - we lucked out with Stastny but Hayes was a major bust.  Just not worth the risk in my opinion.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/jets-bowness-says-his-first-all-star-nod-would-be-a-tribute-to-t~2845649

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I honestly hope Chevy's days of trading away our first pick are done - we lucked out with Stastny but Hayes was a major bust.  Just not worth the risk in my opinion.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/jets-bowness-says-his-first-all-star-nod-would-be-a-tribute-to-t~2845649

Out 1st right now is basically pick 30 to 32. It’s not like he’s trading a top 10 pick. 

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Random question in a random Jets thread. Like football, are their practices non contact? It says Ehlers was hurt in practice, I assume it was a non contact injury.

I don’t believe so because when guys are injured they wear different coloured jerseys so ppl won’t hit them. I think there is contact in practice. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I don’t believe so because when guys are injured they wear different coloured jerseys so ppl won’t hit them. I think there is contact in practice. 

Yes, there’s definitely contact in practice, but guys are generally not trying to put each other through the boards.

Really hope Ehlers can play tonight, for obvious reasons, but also because I hate the 11 - 7 lineup.