Covid-19

JCon

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Florida Records Highest-Ever Daily COVID-19 Case Count, More Than 21,000.  Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements.

Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic, according to federal health data released Saturday, as its theme park resorts again started asking visitors to wear masks indoors.

The state has become the new national epicenter for the virus, accounting for around a fifth of all new cases in the U.S.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and along with the state Legislature, has limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of COVID-19. DeSantis on Friday barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

-AP

So Florida has roughly 16 times the population of Manitoba, so that is like Manitoba having 1355 cases in one day which I believe is twice our record.

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So Florida has roughly 16 times the population of Manitoba, so that is like Manitoba having 1355 cases in one day which I believe is twice our record.

Sounds like they have low - immunization pockets. I wonder what their overall vax rate is...

Fully-Vaxxed Lindsay Graham Praises Vaccine After Testing Positive for COVID-19
-Getty
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Monday that he’s tested positive for COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated. He began experiencing symptoms over the weekend and will now quarantine for 10 days, he tweeted. The 66-year-old South Carolina senator expressed relief about getting the COVID-19 vaccine, as he fears he would’ve been far sicker without it. “I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now,” Graham wrote. “My symptoms would be far worse.

The news of Graham’s infection comes amid new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that shows less than 0.004 percent of Americans who have been fully vaccinated have had to be hospitalized because of a breakthrough infection. COVID-19 cases continue to rise due to the spread of the Delta variant, as vaccination rates have slowed.

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Fully-Vaxxed Lindsay Graham Praises Vaccine After Testing Positive for COVID-19
-Getty
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Monday that he’s tested positive for COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated. He began experiencing symptoms over the weekend and will now quarantine for 10 days, he tweeted. The 66-year-old South Carolina senator expressed relief about getting the COVID-19 vaccine, as he fears he would’ve been far sicker without it. “I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now,” Graham wrote. “My symptoms would be far worse.

The news of Graham’s infection comes amid new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that shows less than 0.004 percent of Americans who have been fully vaccinated have had to be hospitalized because of a breakthrough infection. COVID-19 cases continue to rise due to the spread of the Delta variant, as vaccination rates have slowed.

He feels glad? Yet his GOP base are getting sick. Where's Trump telling his asshat supporters to get vaccinated just like he was? That dumbass ***** of a senator, Marjorie Taylor Greene is still preacing Covid 19 is a hoax. 

49 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The evil "for profit".... The companies do have a right to make money after researching & developing their vaccines but there should be better distribution systems worldwide in the supply chain to get the vaccine out to third world countries faster. Have a number of factories for Africa & Asia. More than one for North America so the US can't hoarde vaccines again. AFAIK, there aren't any now. I know patentys are the issue but there has to be something that can be done to satisfy everyone. Companies that want to profit & countries that need vaccines.

It's obvious that we are all going to need booster shots as the shots we received are slowly wearing off. This may need to be done once or twice a year. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

'Worse than nothing': Texas Gov. Abbott under fire after his baffling response to the state's Covid surge

Texas Republican Governor Greg Abbott is under fire after signing a wide-ranging COVID-19 executive order Thursday that bans any mask or vaccine mandates, bans anyone requesting or requiring proof of vaccination to obtain goods or services, but promotes "personal responsibility" as the means to control what is quickly becoming a new Delta variant-fueled wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

According to the CDC Texas has had over 47,000 new COVID cases and 240 new COVID deaths in the past seven days, with a huge 15%-19.9% positivity rate. Since the start of the pandemic Texas has, under Governor Abbott's leadership, seen nearly 3.1 million coronavirus cases and almost 52,000 deaths. Texas reports just 52% of its population 12 and older has been vaccinated.

Abbott's executive order says, "There are no COVID-19-related operating limits for any business or other establishment," and "no person may he required by any jurisdiction to wear or to mandate the wearing of a face covering."

"Texans are strongly encouraged as a matter of personal responsibility to consistently follow good hygiene, social-distancing. and other mitigation practices," and vaccines "will never be mandated by the government," although "it is strongly encouraged for those eligible to receive one."

The order also overrides and voids any "COVID-19-related limitations imposed by local governmental entities or officials."

'Worse than nothing': Texas Gov. Abbott under fire after his baffling response to the state's Covid surge - Alternet.org

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

******* idiots.

The lack of vaccine requirement and mask mandate basically guarantees my unvaccinated kids won't be going to any movies, bowling alleys or arcades any time soon. Christ.

Not only that, but the ability to transmit even while vaccinated will mean I'll be out for any entertainment, restaurants, etc. for quite a while yet. Had to know the trigger finger was itching though