Covid-19

JCon

I am rather concerned that we are starting the 2nd round of vaccinations yet we are just over %60 getting 1 shot. So are we seriously saying close to %40 of Manitobans are not getting the shot ? Is there something I'm missing here ?  Does that % 40 include ineligible kids and if so I wonder what percentage of people eligible for the shot have had their 1st  ? I don't  think I've ever heard that clarified. 

3 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I am rather concerned that we are starting the 2nd round of vaccinations yet we are just over %60 getting 1 shot. So are we seriously saying close to %40 of Manitobans are not getting the shot ? Is there something I'm missing here ?  Does that % 40 include ineligible kids and if so I wonder what percentage of people eligible for the shot have had their 1st  ? I don't  think I've ever heard that clarified. 

My understanding is they need 75% with one shot, 20% with 2 shots, then they can start to open up.  I would think they started the 2nd shot in order to achieve those percentages sometime this month. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Alternative Media.... 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

My brain is literally numb after spending 2 minutes on that page.  These types have mostly been  removed from local area Facebook groups, now they have migrated over there en masse. They'd be hilarious if they weren't so dangerous. 

Got a good laugh watching their videos of people getting arrested.

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

I think there would still be a lot of people with appointments already booked for first shots. I knew a few people who booked appoints a few weeks ago for June.

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Got a good laugh watching their videos of people getting arrested.

I think there would still be a lot of people with appointments already booked for first shots. I knew a few people who booked appoints a few weeks ago for June.

I just booked for someone today. Earliest  available slot (in Selkirk) was June 16. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Him and that Chiropractor have both been arrested.  There's a clip of the doc freaking out because the cops are vaccinated. 

Do you have a source for Tobias being in custody? WAM is broadcasting that he was prepared to surrender and no one showed up. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

My understanding is they need 75% with one shot, 20% with 2 shots, then they can start to open up.  I would think they started the 2nd shot in order to achieve those percentages sometime this month. 

So  in 2011 the population of 0 to 14 year olds was % 19. Just on a guess, let's say %15 of Manitobans are under 12. That reduces the vaccine eligible population to %85.  So to get to %75 vaccinated we can only lose another  %10 to the anti vax morons. Yikes ! Do my ponderings make sense ?  UNLESS when we are told it needs to be over %70 they are referring to people eligible for vaccine.

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Do you have a source for Tobias being in custody? WAM is broadcasting that he was prepared to surrender and no one showed up. 

Are they looking for volunteers to go scoop him up. 🙋‍♂️

4 hours ago, the watcher said:

They said the number of 1st dose appointments they are booking is starting to slow down so that's one reason for the 2nd round starting.

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Ok, I will post it.  With a warning that comments sections on that Facebook group border on insanity. 

https://fb.watch/5PChZrguET/

If the link doesn't work, search for Winnipeg Alternative Media on Facebook. 

Dr. Bohemier was my chiropractor back in 1979. His cousin worked with me & recommended him. I went to see Bohemier about my left knee that I had injured badly 4 years earlier. He was a sane young chiropractor with a busy practice on Provencher Blvd at the time.

He's certainly become unhinged since which is sad to see. Don't know what would have radicalized him although some chiropractors hate anything to do with medications for things like pain, swelling or to return to better health. I remember that he was indeed like that believing manipulation can cure everything as it all has to do with spinal cord health.

I stopped going to him when it looked like my treatments were never going to stop. I asked him after 3 weeks of twice a week appointments how many more treatments I'd still have to come for as my knee wasn't improving & he couldn't answer me. I felt like I was being scammed. I was definitely turned off chiropractic for the rest of my lifr so far & have used a chiropractor only once or twice since. I started going to physiotherapists instead & still do today with much better results.