Covid-19

JCon

11 minutes ago, pigseye said:

And it took me even less time to confirm it,

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Yeah pal. You confirmed i was correct that younger people have died.  Which you called a lie.  You’re own link proves it.  Look you can pretend covid isn’t happening because you’re an alt right (and everything that obviously goes with that) but your schtick is getting old.   

Edited by The Unknown Poster

47 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Complete rubbish but don't let that get in the way of the facts. 

The data is in and the doctors know that the old and sick are the only ones who need protecting so quit trying to make it about something it is not. 

And your first sentence above is a complete lie. 

No there are lots of cases of young healthy people dying. 

Like everything the old and sick are the most vulnerable, but pretending that there aren't people outside those groups affected it simply pants on head ********. 

41 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The old and sick are the only ones who need protecting from the flu, that is right from a Harvard doctor who knows more about this than you or I, so you quit pretending you more than a Harvard doctor.

Protect the old and the sick and let the rest of us get on with it.

That is not being uncaring, that is being practical. 

Here's another idea. Call it "a modest proposal". Let's just kill all the billionaires in the US and take their net worth and split it equally amongst every US citizen. No, hear me out.

There are only 614 current billionaires in the US (see Forbes magazine for all numbers). That's a far sight less than 100,000. Their combined net worth is $2.9 trillion. Divide by the 328 million Americans (less the 614 of course) and you get $8,841 for each and every American citizen (not just the working ones - every single citizen left).

The per capita disposable in the US is about $45,600. That of course includes the incomes of the billionaires, which skews the average up. Get rid of them, and the per capita income (before taxes) is about $36,700. So by giving the survivors a split of the billionaires' fortune, each person now has almost 3 months of income to put away. Lock down the country completely for that time so that the virus can't spread ans existing cases get isolated and treated. Eliminate all cases. And if anyone breaches the total lockdown, they get shot and killed by the government forces to prevent them from possibly spreading the virus. And we take their money too to split evenly amongst the rest. Kill the rich, eliminate the threat of the social distance deniers and call them collateral damage (or "the cost of doing business" if you will) and let the rest of us get on with it in 3 months' time.

Sure, billionaires will die, including titans of industry, media moguls, celebrities, and a current sitting President, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. And for those who step outside to enjoy their personal freedoms in spite of the threat to everyone else, hey, it wasn't like you weren't warned. The threat must be eliminated.

Hey, that's not being uncaring, that's just being practical.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No there are lots of cases of young healthy people dying. 

Like everything the old and sick are the most vulnerable, but pretending that there aren't people outside those groups affected it simply pants on head ********. 

This is the last I am going to say, go to the last graph and you will see that the number of deaths for the youngest age group is statically insignificant. That means it doesn't even register because the margin of error is greater than the actual statistic.

Apologizes if I offended anyone but some point are politicians are going to have to have this discussion if they haven't already.  

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

This is the last I am going to say, go to the last graph and you will see that the number of deaths for the youngest age group is statically insignificant. That means it doesn't even register because the margin of error is greater than the actual statistic.

Apologizes if I offended anyone but some point are politicians are going to have to have this discussion if they haven't already.  

Bet it won't be.

33 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Youngest age group?  Talk about hedging.  You said old people were dying. I said younger people die too. You called me a liar and then posted a link showing I was right.  You’re really a piece of work.

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Youngest age group?  Talk about hedging.  You said old people were dying. I said younger people die too. You called me a liar and then posted a link showing I was right.  You’re really a piece of work.

Statistically insignificant? If you have children pick one to kill then come talk to us.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

This is the last I am going to say...  

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Bet it won't be.

12 minutes ago, pigseye said:

There is your exact quote, plenty doesn't = an insignificant statistic that can't be measured beyond the margin of error, unless we are discussing climate science. 

Looks like I won the bet.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Statistically insignificant? If you have children pick one to kill then come talk to us.

Most had pre-existing conditions which puts them in the group that needs to be protected the most, the sick and the old. 

Last year in the USA 179 healthy babies died from the flu according to the CDC

https://www.verywellhealth.com/deaths-from-flu-2633829

It's sad but it happens. 

And then there’s the multiple reports gradually be picked up now, after parishes opened up their Churches to services. Pastors, priests and members of the congregation who attended, have died from the virus, and many, as high as 38% in one parish have contracted the disease.

No, nobody has to worry about attending these services.
They’re covered!

Dr. Fauci undermines Trump’s hydroxychloroquine claims — says it’s ‘quite evident’ the drug won’t treat COVID-19
Written by Alex Henderson May 27, 2020

Although President Donald Trump has aggressively promoted hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment for COVID-19, major health experts do not share his enthusiasm for the anti-malaria drug. The World Health Organization announced Monday that it was suspending a clinical trial of the medication — and the following day, France’s health ministry announced a ban on hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 treatment.

On Wednesday, expert immunologist Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is part of Trump’s coronavirus task force, told CNN’s Jake Tapper that there is no proof that use of hydroxychloroquine can prevent one from being infected with coronavirus.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/watch-dr-fauci-undermines-trumps-hydroxychloroquine-claims-says-its-quite-evident-the-drug-wont-treat-covid-19/

Edited by Tracker

Surgeon general corrects Trump after he goes on bizarre tangent about insulin

The president on Tuesday unveiled a White House plan that would slash the price of insulin for Medicare recipients and wondered if he should try to the hormone himself.

“I don’t use insulin,” Trump said. “Should I be? Huh? I never thought about it, but I know a lot of people are very badly affected, right? Unbelievable.”

Trump asked Surgeon General Jerome Adams to respond. Adams explained to the president that people without diabetes do not need to take insulin.

“Your body, Mr. President, actually makes insulin endogenously, and people such as you and I — we make our own insulin,” he said. “So, yes, we do utilize insulin, but we make it ourselves.”

Trump still did not seem to understand why there was anything off about someone without diabetes taking insulin.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/surgeon-general-corrects-trump-after-he-goes-on-bizarre-tangent-about-insulin/

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

No death is insignificant. And how do you magically protect the vulnerable when everyone is a carrier? 

We have essentially drilled down to the core of who you are... you don't value the lives of your fellow human beings. 

Congratulations. 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No death is insignificant. And how do you magically protect the vulnerable when everyone is a carrier? 

We have essentially drilled down to the core of who you are... you don't value the lives of your fellow human beings. 

Congratulations. 

I think he is suggesting taking the old and sick and putting them into camps of some kind where they will never be a bother to anything.   In the end, solyent green. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Spanish flu killed 500,000 plus. Ten months.  Covid over 100,000 in what 2-3 months with massive lockdowns and social distancing.  The comparison is real.  

50 million people died from the Spanish Flu world wide - or do you mean 500 000 Americans?