Premium seats for sunday

jazzsax

On 2019-11-18 at 3:28 PM, 17to85 said:

The sad reality is that flights between winnipeg and calgary have been getting stupidly expensive for a while now. It really is much much cheaper to drive. If you push it you can do calgary to winnipeg in 12 hours, it's not the worst thing in the world so it makes more sense than flying to me. Unless of course you need to save the time. 

The only thing worse than driving across Sask. is stopping in Sask..

OK, got the wife's nod (not a happy one) that I can go to the cup!  Stipulation is I have to take my 6y.o. son AND I have to be back before our 10 year wedding anniversary day is over... what an idiot I was getting married around grey cup dates!  Wasn't thinking at all.

Not sure if doing the drive or fly.  Like everyone else, seeing obscene flight prices with very few good dates/times that work for me anyhow.  I'll figure something out.

My big question is on tickets: I'm one to buy them last second before I leave the hotel on stubhub to snag a deal, or at worst try to find scalpers at the stadium.  Has anyone tracked stubhub on grey cup days before to see how it behaves?  The very last thing I want is to get there and the ticketmasters have been all given away to the military and stubhub is sold out or $1k a ticket.  Does anyone know when they do the final free giveaway to claim "sold out"?  Not many tickets left on TM as it is.

Does anyone who lives in CGY have any info on where to find the scalpers at McMahon and whether it's a "thing" there?

Also, on Monday stubhub had a ton of "UPS delievered" tickets, some at good prices, but they all disappeared Tuesday.  So I guess after physical delivery is impossible due to time constraints all those tickets just drop off the face of the earth?  No way for those physical holders to electronic-alize their tickets into "mobile transfer" ones?

If any of you are in CGY and knows someone local stuck with 2 physical tickets and wants to sell them cheap, let me know in PM asap.  Need something between the 20's, don't care how high up.  Need 'em cheap and if I fly I'll need downtown hotel dropoff.

P.S. So freakin' proud of my Bombers!!  Going absolutely mental here.

1 minute ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

What's the best site to purchase tickets online?   I have my flight booked and hotel at the Comfort Inn across the street from the stadium....need a decent seat preferably behind our bench which I assume is the home bench?

I'd go with StubHub. Just keep in mind that prices are in USD....

19 minutes ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

What's the best site to purchase tickets online?   I have my flight booked and hotel at the Comfort Inn across the street from the stadium....need a decent seat preferably behind our bench which I assume is the home bench?

you won't find anything behind the bench on Ticketmaster.... I believe everything between the 20's is "sold out".  Facebook marketplace is where a few buddies have found decent deals.  StubHub, from what I've read from others on here, will have improving deals as gameday gets closer.  Doesn't seem like it's going to be a sell out!

I have a contact at the Stamps office if you're serious and looking to buy right away!

26 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

you won't find anything behind the bench on Ticketmaster.... I believe everything between the 20's is "sold out".  Facebook marketplace is where a few buddies have found decent deals.  StubHub, from what I've read from others on here, will have improving deals as gameday gets closer.  Doesn't seem like it's going to be a sell out!

I have a contact at the Stamps office if you're serious and looking to buy right away!

Yes I'm interested have my hotel room  booked across the street

Just now, Lincoln Locomotive said:

Just confirmed my ticket purchase on Stub Hub.....Centre field row 32 directly in front of the Bomber bench.   I'm staying at the Comfort Inn across the street if anyone wants to party!   Will be there on Saturday afternoon!!

Hudson's downtown that night is Bombers House...8pm till Close. Will be a time...

29 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

What’s the hours for Friday and can we ban obnoxious rider fans? I will probably head down tomorrow

Both Friday and Saturday, Hudson's Downtown will be home to Bombers House from 8pm to Close. 

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Reading this thread, I feel like a sucker for paying full price legitimately through ticketmaster for nosebleed seats, what can I say, I don't trust resale sights.

C'est la vie - doesn't matter where in the stands long as they get it done and the beer is cold I am more than happy.

you're not a sucker. you're a true blue bomber fan  getting ready to be at the game when we hoist the cup!

15 hours ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

Just confirmed my ticket purchase on Stub Hub.....Centre field row 32 directly in front of the Bomber bench.   I'm staying at the Comfort Inn across the street if anyone wants to party!   Will be there on Saturday afternoon!!

What section?  We're in Row 32 as well!

26 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

What section?  We're in Row 32 as well!

Got a call from Stub Hub last nite advising me that the tickets were paper tickets.....I'm leaving early Saturday morning so they couldn't be physically shipped to me in time.    They assured me they are going to find be an equivalent substitute ticket as there were some available in row 29 or 13 section F.   I'm waiting for a call back this morning and hoping they can fix their screw up because the tickets were supposed to be downloadable to my phone or tablet.    Just hoping I get a similar seat.....🤞

If anyone is looking for tickets, the guy at the Stamps office I've been dealing with has been great and would be happy to help any other fellow Bomber fans and said to go ahead and post his contact info!

His contact info is:

Scott Bentley - Sr Account Executive

#403-205-8243 / E: sbentley@stampeders.com