Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

57 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Could well be.  But the interview ^^ is one of the better ones I've heard all year.  Normally I don't even listen to the entire thing. 

But I don't agree with him about the penalties.  When you push an official, you better expect 15 yards - he should have gotten 25 for that - it's pathetic. 

He's right about the refs. not being quick enough with their flags, if they throw them at the first sign of  a scuffle that tends to put a quick end to it and prevents the event from escalating.

39 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's right about the refs. not being quick enough with their flags, if they throw them at the first sign of  a scuffle that tends to put a quick end to it and prevents the event from escalating.

In that sense, yes.  But none of that will be considered once you've pushed an official.  

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They let too much go right from the 1st quarter, and that's what happens, someone gets burned at a key time.

The thing with the penalties that was most surprising to me is that there wasn’t a flag on the field for the helmet to helmet hit. That appeared to be added by the command centre, the shove of the red should have been 25yds and an ejection. He got off easy on that one. 

Also saw a low hit on Strevs that would have been called in June but hasn’t been called since. 

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not whining. Giving our defense and Willey props for stopping them.     Not whining st all other then perhaps about only calling penalties on them during the skirmish, but I don’t think he saw his player push the ref

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He didn't whine or make excuses.

The stuff at the end about the refs definitely got him triggered 

He heavily implied it though. It's a big improvement from him but still scummy. 

Implying that the calls had a negative impact on edm is inane. We easily had the worst of the bad reffing. Plus had 8 starters out. 

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Strange timing for details of Jefferson's contract to come out but at least it's a welcome distraction.

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/27/willie-jefferson-lowballed-by-riders-took-less-choosing-bombers/

Hopefully this Rider stupidity leads to him dominating in Blue and Gold  for years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Hopefully this Rider stupidity leads to him dominating in Blue and Gold  for years to come. 

Also don't believe the Rider spin that he left cause Jones left and solely for that reason...thats garbage

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I bet he comes out with a game just as dominating...or better than Esks match the next 2 games...he's totally in his zone now...and that has to be scary for other teams

How do you stop a guy who has 10 foot long arms and even if you think he's safely past the qb can just reach back and slap the ball out of his hands? 

The wingspan on that guy is just insane.

PLUS the fact he knows the Rider pylons very well...and how to beat them as he most likely did it there daily for the last few years..I bet our interior has a day allowing the ends to reap the rewards...I don't see Dan Clarke..he of no agility whatsoever handle Mr Drake and the Hydrant....and Bladek is average at best at guard...I bet that O-line gets eaten up all game