Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Dee

Alliance of American Football

Recommended Posts

5:30PT San Diego Fleet at San Antonio Commanders

CBS

Restrictions on defensive formations:

(1) no more than five players may rush on passing plays; 

(2) any player who aligns on the line of scrimmage either prior to or at the snap is designated as one of the five players regardless of whether he rushes; 

(3) no defensive player may rush from a position more than two yards outside the widest offensive lineman and more than five yards from the line of scrimmage (they’ll call it the “defensive pressure box”); 

(4) a player is deemed eligible to rush if he has both feet inside the box at the snap; (5) no more than four players may rush from the same side of the ball; 

(6) adjacent linebackers may not rush from the same side of the ball; and 

(7) two or more linebackers aligned between the offensive guards may not rush.

So, basically, up to five players can rush the passer and each of those five players must be aligned within two yards of the widest offensive lineman and five yards of the line of scrimmage. This means that there will be no corner blitzes. There will be no delayed blitzes from linebackers and safeties. There will be no double-A gap blitzes.

👁‍🗨 These restrictions are supposed to save QBs..the lifeline of any team, but holy geez, talk about borderline confusion for the refs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Why can’t they just play football?

And more:

15 yard penalty for those defensive infractions.

  • All teams must attempt two-point conversions after each touchdown; there will be no extra point kicks.
  • There will be no kickoffs; possession at the start of each half, and after scores, will begin on a team's own 25-yard line
  • The play clock will run only 35 seconds
  • In lieu of an onside kick, a team can keep possession of the ball by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 28-yard line and gaining at least 12 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Exactly. Why can’t they just play football?

And more:

15 yard penalty for those defensive infractions.

  • All teams must attempt two-point conversions after each touchdown; there will be no extra point kicks.
  • There will be no kickoffs; possession at the start of each half, and after scores, will begin on a team's own 25-yard line
  • The play clock will run only 35 seconds
  • In lieu of an onside kick, a team can keep possession of the ball by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 28-yard line and gaining at least 12 yards.

What kind of psychedelics did they put in their tea to come up with this ****?  28 yard line?

Are they sure it should be 10 yards for a first down?   Maybe it should be 7.33.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

12 yards to get the ball back?? That's seems a bit too easy.

I don't mind this rule, but should have been at least 15.

I think they only get one play to get the 12 yards

and

This play can only be used by a team trailing by 17 points or more (a three-possession game) with five or fewer minutes remaining in regulation.

The onside conversion play will also be available after any safety, played from the 18-yard line

👁‍🗨 I think they’re trying too hard with these “innovative rules”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What kind of psychedelics did they put in their tea to come up with this ****?  28 yard line?

Are they sure it should be 10 yards for a first down?   Maybe it should be 7.33.

Field goals should be worth 1.875 starting at the 10 yard line - adding another .375 points for every 10 yards thereafter.  If you're inside the 9.999 on fourth down - you have to score a TD or lose 2.375 points

Any player rushing the QB has to line up in a 4 point stance

And in case they lose too many good OL to other leagues - may as well include an option to count steamboats - to the nearest thousandth of course

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I think they only get one play to get the 12 yards

and

This play can only be used by a team trailing by 17 points or more (a three-possession game) with five or fewer minutes remaining in regulation.

The onside conversion play will also be available after any safety, played from the 18-yard line

👁‍🗨 I think they’re trying too hard with these “innovative rules”

Okay... I understand the logic, trying to keep player safety in mind, whilst also allowing exciting finishes... wouldn't an easier stipulation just be to prevent a team that has the lead from attempting an onside conversion? Handcuffing teams to only being down by 17+ points seems...well, pointless, won't the game be out of reach at that point? Also...

What happens if they fail on the "onside kick" play? Does the other team get the ball at the 28 if they don't convert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👁‍🗨Um, personally I can see why some of these guys are playing in this league..

👁‍🗨The commentators sure are trying hard to make this game sound like it’s a good game..

👁‍🗨I was led to believe that, in this league because of the rules, there would hardly be any scores of 13-3..that’s it’s too offensie-oriented to have low scores. Well, I get the offensive part so far.

👁‍🗨I’m bored..switching to hockey..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×