Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
USABomberfan

Attention Lapolice! Please Stop Calling Predictable Plays

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Pierce would be the sentimental favourite, but if LaPolice bolts (a probability) my choice would be (dramatic pause) Khari Jones.

Did you see how bad the qbs played in Montreal? If losing LaPo means hiring KJ then we'd be in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Could we maybe find someone who isn't a choice simply because we know his name?    Is Buck Pierce really ready.  None of us has clue one about that but hey, we know his name.  Likewise Khari.  He's been less than stellar as an OC so why reward him by giving him the keys here?  Ryan Dinwiddie is someone who may show some promise, but I'm not overly convinced.  And no, I don't have a name to offer right now, but I won't pick someone out just because I know his name and the guy used to wear blue and gold.

Well it's unlikely we're going to find a super experienced offensive coordinator if Lapo goes anywhere so names like Pierce or Dinwiddie would obviously be options. I still think Khari is fine as an OC, he's just never been in a really good situation. I'd give him a shot but I may be biased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Could we maybe find someone who isn't a choice simply because we know his name?    Is Buck Pierce really ready.  None of us has clue one about that but hey, we know his name.  Likewise Khari.  He's been less than stellar as an OC so why reward him by giving him the keys here?  Ryan Dinwiddie is someone who may show some promise, but I'm not overly convinced.  And no, I don't have a name to offer right now, but I won't pick someone out just because I know his name and the guy used to wear blue and gold.

I know you said you were unconvinced but Ryan Dinwiddie coached under Hufnagel & then Dickenson. If Devonne Claybrooks is supposedly ready to be a HC then I think Dinwiddie is ready to be an OC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well it's unlikely we're going to find a super experienced offensive coordinator if Lapo goes anywhere so names like Pierce or Dinwiddie would obviously be options. I still think Khari is fine as an OC, he's just never been in a really good situation. I'd give him a shot but I may be biased. 

You???  Nah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Pierce would be the sentimental favourite, but if LaPolice bolts (a probability) my choice would be (dramatic pause) Khari Jones.

So instead of picking the current sentimental favorite you would rather go with the former sentimental favorite?    I'd stay away from Khari he really hasn't done much anywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khari is a throw deep guy. Nichols isn't.

Neither Dinwiddie or Buck have any OC experience. I'd much rather go with someone who has been an OC at some level of football.

I doubt it matters though. PLAP won't likely be the #1 choice in Toronto or BC. My guess is Chamblin and Claybrooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brandon said:

So instead of picking the current sentimental favorite you would rather go with the former sentimental favorite?    I'd stay away from Khari he really hasn't done much anywhere...

In Khari's defence, in BC he had a brittle quarterback and a porous O-line, and in Montreal, he had even less to work with. No guarantees anywhere, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In Khari's defence, in BC he had a brittle quarterback and a porous O-line, and in Montreal, he had even less to work with. No guarantees anywhere, though.

I mean, he did get some pretty nice production out of a young Jennings in 2015 and 2016. He's a better OC than some give him credit for, IMO. That doesn't necessarily mean I think he'd fit with the current personnel on offense here, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-03 at 11:09 PM, Colin Unger said:

I’m pretty sure that the job would go to Buck. I’d be tempted to take a serious look at Ryan Dinwiddie. I was impressed with how he handled being rushed into the OC job in Montreal and he’s since coached under Dave Dickenson and could maybe duplicate what they’ve been doing so well in Calgary. 

Possibly, but I would want to see him rear up another QB besides Bo Levi first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-01 at 12:20 PM, BomberBall said:

Pardon?

Ok since we got the jargon police going, I'll say coach up.

All that to say too early to know on either Dinwiddie or Pierce.  I'd potentially give either one a shot, though perhaps I'd be a little more inclined to Pierce because he's likely be more knowledgeable on our players' strengths and know how to utilize them better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×