Next Up At Ottawa

This is one I'm very curious to see how things turn out with.  After going into Edmonton and actually blowing them out for once, team has to be pretty confident coming into this game.

Big question will be will Richie Hall bring the new improved defense into TD Place after being made a mockery of in IGF about a month ago?  And will Lapolice and Nichols keep the offense on track while perhaps also creating some big plays?

Big things on the horizon during Canada's Turkey Day weekend starting at TD Place Friday night.

10 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

This is one I'm very curious to see how things turn out with.  After going into Edmonton and actually blowing them out for once, team has to be pretty confident coming into this game.

Big question will be will Richie Hall bring the new improved defense into TD Place after being made a mockery of in IGF about a month ago?  And will Lapolice and Nichols keep the offense on track while perhaps also creating some big plays?

Big things on the horizon during Canada's Turkey Day weekend starting at TD Place Friday night.

It will be an interesting game. To me the large variable is which Trevor Harris will show up? There are times he looks like a world beater and other times you wonder why he is even in the game. Also what Bomber defense will show up will be interesting. Ottawa has a good OL and and good receiver set and at the moment the leagues leading rusher, therefore will be a challenge for the Bomber defense. And of course we will all wonder if MN is on the uptick or not.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

it seems like Richie Hall breaks out about 3 or 4 brilliant game plans per year... and every year we ask ourselves... why can't we come up with a successful game plan for every game??

When asked about what they did differently in the Esks, game in his interview yesterday, Hall basically said the players just executed better but it was the same game plan, same number of blitzes were called but better results.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/10/02/richie-hall-october-2/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

it seems like Richie Hall breaks out about 3 or 4 brilliant game plans per year... and every year we ask ourselves... why can't we come up with a successful game plan for every game??

Knowing I'm probably missing tons of complexities for all those x's and o's type fans/experts out there, over the last two games, it has seemed quite simple yet sophisticated, i.e., more players on the line to contain, mix up and don't telegraph the blitzes/coverages. Execute that and you got yourself one Sean Whyte field goal.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

When asked about what they did differently in the Esks, game in his interview yesterday, Hall basically said the players just executed better but it was the same game plan, same number of blitzes were called but better results.

I'm not surprised, the defence has been playing well for awhile now. 

I'm definitely still in wait-and-see mode. We didn't play great in beating Montreal and we may have caught Edmonton at just the right time as they have been trending down. We need to play a good team that is playing well and beat them. Then I'll start thinking we can do something special. Since beating us, the Redblacks have gone 2-2 losing to Montreal and BC but beating Edm and Sask. Real Jekyll-Hyde show. But they're on a 2 game win streak just like us, so this may be a good litmus test. Go Bombers!

7 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

While I'll be cheering for the RedBlacks, I also think the Bombers win this one. Nichols seems to be playing with more confidence and your D is looking better as well. That... and Ottawa is due for a loss. 

(But Go Ottawa) 😝

No_One_Cares.jpg

57 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

And yet here you are, taking the time to upload your little picture you've been saving. Sounds like you care.

Here's a picture I have been saving. Of all the Grey Cup rings ever made this one is the best. It's simply gorgeous.

1984_-_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers.jpg

1 hour ago, szaroz71 said:

And yet here you are, taking the time to upload your little picture you've been saving. Sounds like you care.

Followed closely by the second most beautiful Grey Cup ring ever produced. This one ...

1990_-_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers.jpg

1 hour ago, szaroz71 said:

But just to show you what I think of Riders fans, I'm taking the time to upload this one just for you.

keep-calm-the-riders-still-suck.png

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Knowing I'm probably missing tons of complexities for all those x's and o's type fans/experts out there, over the last two games, it has seemed quite simple yet sophisticated, i.e., more players on the line to contain, mix up and don't telegraph the blitzes/coverages. Execute that and you got yourself one Sean Whyte field goal.

And their OL was getting bulldozed into Reilly the entire game. 

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Well O'Shea does have his hands in it too as I've often heard in the open mic games him calling up to Richie telling him to either blitz more or switch this or that.

Course in the Edmonton, I have a feeling they must have anticipated Reilly would continue with the same formula he'd been using for years against us and decided to align the defense based on that.  Plus perhaps some of those receivers were a bit shocked our defenders went after the ball on forced fumble plays as much as they did.

I expect a bit of a different game plan from the Redblacks, but we should hold them to below 45 this time.

22 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Its crazy what rings look like nowadays. Unfortunately Bomber fans dont know what those look like.

Oh... my..... God.... that is so original! 

You are so clever. Look at the clever inbred Here!

You are just so funny with your original barbs... it was even a partially vieled barb, so clever. 

Good on you for making such an original biting comment! 

You lead in with a innocent observation, set up our expectations and BAM! You lay in with the stinging punch line ! Oh **** did you get me! 

You clever little ****! Who says inbred can't make a funny!

You must be the light of the party! Get you some sisterwives or auntiedaughters with that cutting edge humour. 

riders Suck 

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You must be the light of the party! Get you some sisterwives or auntiedaughters with that cutting edge humour. 

riders Suck 

Don't forget little inbred's Mom ...

1-IRjATX.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Any chance we could - discuss Winnipeg vs. Ottawa? 

So, we may see an Andrew Harris vs William Powell battle for the best RB in the league. We'll see.

Ottawa's D also did a good job limiting the Esks effectiveness on offense so it should be a good D battle.

Ottawa has the second or third best record in the league at 8-5 and they're rested having come off a bye. Last time they came off a bye they lost to Montreal. Here's to hoping they come out flat.

Ottawa has added 5 players to their roster looking for a boost come the playoffs.

Us, not so much. 😞

The Bombers signed five players to their practice roster on September 17, including recent draft pick Jacob Firlotte. International receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, linebacker Kache Palacio and defensive back Boobie Hobbs also joined the Bombers.

Since that time they have released Boobie Hobbs.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers signed five players to their practice roster on September 17, including recent draft pick Jacob Firlotte. International receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, linebacker Kache Palacio and defensive back Boobie Hobbs also joined the Bombers.

Since that time they have released Boobie Hobbs.

Stop using facts to prove your point. It’s confusing to some. 😁

Edited by B-F-F-C