Practise Observations Aug 30, 2018

22 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Maybe we shouldn’t call out someone’s offense when ours is just as crappy. Possibly even worse the past few games. 

#realist

Our offence is ranked: 

1st - Total points (Sask - 5th)

5th - Passing Yards (Sask - 9th)

3rd - Passing TDs (Sask - 8th)

6th - Time of Possession (Sask 5th)

1st - Rushing Yards (Sask 2nd)

1st - Rushing TDs (Sask 9th)

3rd - Sacks Allowed (Sask 1st)

3rd - Turnovers (Sask 4th)

So, out of 8 categories that CFL.ca tracks, the Bombers are first in 3, and ahead of Saskatchewan in 6 of the 8. 

But, please, tell me more about how crappy our offence is compared to Saskatchewan's....

Edited by JCon

Just now, Booch said:

Today at practice were working with crowd noise pumps in..and some interesting ways to combat it..Strev seen some time with it as well...possible offensive tweaks me thinks

Booch, NorthernSkunk is going to get too excited with this info and might hurt himself. Please think of the posters!!

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Today at practice were working with crowd noise pumps in..and some interesting ways to combat it..Strev seen some time with it as well...possible offensive tweaks me thinks

There had better be some changes. The offence has been flaccid for too long and the Bomber offence will be facing one of the best defensive coaches in the CFL

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Not sure I'm all that excited about our no huddle offence anymore...  almost feel like its better to slow things down a bit right now

Disagree.  Stopping the defense from making subs is huge.  I'm not sure I'm very confident in their ability to run it though considering a basic pass and catch is an adventure right now.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree.  Stopping the defense from making subs is huge.  I'm not sure I'm very confident in their ability to run it though considering a basic pass and catch is an adventure right now.

That's what I mean - the team looked rattled on the no huddle plays last game...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Not sure I'm all that excited about our no huddle offence anymore...  almost feel like its better to slow things down a bit right now

Slow it down while playing in Regina ?......why so the fans can yell even more stupid krap at the top of their lungs trying to help their team with a procedure call........we gotta do some tempo stuff.... if they fake injuries we can laugh at them again,  or the tempo works....

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Slow it down while playing in Regina ?......why so the fans can yell even more stupid krap at the top of their lungs trying to help their team with a procedure call........we gotta do some tempo stuff.... if they fake injuries we can laugh at them again,  or the tempo works....

You can laugh all you want.  As long as you lose

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

What is the worst restaurant in Regina,  I got a supper bet to make before the game with the Regina relatives.

I'm sure there are some. I don't make a habit of going to any of them so I can't help you with that.  I'm sure somebody will pipe in soon and say they all suck because they are in Regina, or something halfwit along those lines

Insulting the opposition team, their fans and their city is par for the course. For example, when I was passing through Regina a few months ago, we stopped at Costco there for gas and to stretch our legs. The wife (she who will be obeyed) found an item she liked and we lined up at the cashier. The lady ahead of us was a pretty average (for Saskatchewan) looking gal but when she got to the checkout she smiled at the cashier, the scanner immediately rang up a set of cookware..

Edited by Tracker

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I'm sure there are some. I don't make a habit of going to any of them so I can't help you with that.  I'm sure somebody will pipe in soon and say they all suck because they are in Regina, or something halfwit along those lines

All restaurants in Regina suck because they are in Regina. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

What is the worst restaurant in Regina,  I got a supper bet to make before the game with the Regina relatives.

Not sure about the worse - but if you would a great steak and what I believe is one of the worlds best Caesar Salads go to "The Diplomat" (http://thediplomatsteakhouse.com/). I hit it every time I am in Regina which these days is not all that often.

Golf's on Victoria Ave is pretty good too.