Montreal 2-8 @ Ottawa 6-3

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You hate one man more than you like the team. Think about that for a moment.

I went to the western semi final last season.

I would have preferred that the team not make the playoffs, to the waste of time and money that was.

As I froze my azz off, hoping for a win, It was another disappointing game, team appeared to just give up, it was over well before the fourth quarter.

That was the game where Gable ran through and by about five or six Bomber defenders, 

on his way into the endzone. (probably the offence's fault somehow or other)

And I doubt that he "hates" the man. Just doesn't want him as a coach. 

Edited by Mark F

Let's face it, the current Grey Cup drought has a huge impact on this fan base and I am including myself. Its been way to long since we've won the cup and we've had some terrible regimes in that time period (Reinbold 97/98), Daley (half of 04 and 05), Kelly (09), Burke (half of 12 and 13). So when we start seeing what is essentially the same movie (Hall's terrible D), we get even more pissed off. Same with the lack on international scouting, Lapo's tendency to play conservative.

16 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Man, just ridiculous that we gave up 45 points to that crappo offense team.

“I’m excited to take a more active role with our defence,” -- Mike O'Shea

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Let's face it, the current Grey Cup drought has a huge impact on this fan base and I am including myself. Its been way to long since we've won the cup and we've had some terrible regimes in that time period (Reinbold 97/98), Daley (half of 04 and 05), Kelly (09), Burke (half of 12 and 13). So when we start seeing what is essentially the same movie (Hall's terrible D), we get even more pissed off. Same with the lack on international scouting, Lapo's tendency to play conservative.

Scouting has been an issue since Danny Mac has taken over the scouting operation.  I was hoping the addition of Ted Goviea would show dividends but so far there's nothing substantial.  The proof in the pudding is who is the last player the Bombers found that has jumped ship to the NFL?  

The Bomber teams of the past would lose players to the NFL all the time.  Now...nothing.   

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

yikes just checked Bomber scores up to week 12 last season starting with game 2

What happened?

Wow. a real puzzlement.

Where's the BC game in there...?  These numbers don't look like this season...

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

At one time this season Montreal looked like one of the worst teams in (recent) CFL history. I didn't think they'd win a single game. Now they actually look competitive. 

It's amazing how much difference one player (QB) can make!! I wonder what that says about our teams record? Hmmm.

When that one player is the QB I think the difference can be huge.

11 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

At one time this season Montreal looked like one of the worst teams in (recent) CFL history. I didn't think they'd win a single game. Now they actually look competitive. 

It's amazing how much difference one player (QB) can make!! I wonder what that says about our teams record? Hmmm.

I'll say it now, it is much more than just a QB.

Montreal has been more aggressive with player/personnel and is not afraid to keep making changes during the season.

Right now on paper from GM, coaching, all the way through backup players Montreal is a better football team than the Bombers, and so are the all the other teams in the league.

Bombers are always very content to sit back and do very little, and so the world passes you by.

46 minutes ago, TheSource said:

I'll say it now, it is much more than just a QB.

Montreal has been more aggressive with player/personnel and is not afraid to keep making changes during the season.

Right now on paper from GM, coaching, all the way through backup players Montreal is a better football team than the Bombers, and so are the all the other teams in the league.

Bombers are always very content to sit back and do very little, and so the world passes you by.

Yep, it’s great management to burn a bunch of draft picks and Canadians on guys who aren’t even players for you and TJ Heath just to get to 6 wins.  See how they feel in 2021 when they’ve gone 3 drafts without a pick and haven’t won more than 7 games in a season.

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

40 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

See how they feel in 2021 when they’ve gone 3 drafts without a pick and haven’t won more than 7 games in a season.

So, what you’re saying is, TheSource is missing out on the reSources that Montreal won’t accumulate..