Bombers moving to the West next year

sweep the leg

In all honesty, I'm not getting to worked up about this as we'll likely be back in the east in 3 or 4 years.

which is exactly why it's bullshit to move them now. Let's at least wait and see if any of the eastern teams get off life support before moving the Bombers yet again. 

With the new TV contract starting next year, none of the teams in the East should be on life support.

In all honesty, I'm not getting to worked up about this as we'll likely be back in the east in 3 or 4 years.

which is exactly why it's bullshit to move them now. Let's at least wait and see if any of the eastern teams get off life support before moving the Bombers yet again. 

With the new TV contract starting next year, none of the teams in the East should be on life support.

That will hardly make a dent as the cap goes up, especially for teams like the Argos and Als that bleed money.  The Ticats should be fine in the new stadium for awhile.

That will hardly make a dent as the cap goes up, especially for teams like the Argos and Als that bleed money.  The Ticats should be fine in the new stadium for awhile.

I have no doubt the cap will go up but I doubt it will go up so much that the TV money hardly makes a dent.

The real question comes down to how much the cap goes up relative to the TV deal.  If the new TV revenue is split 50 / 50 between the cap increase and money to the teams, then it is a huge gain for all of the CFL.  If most of it goes to the cap, then we aren't much different then we are today.

They were talking on 1290 this morning that if Saskatchewan makes it to the Grey Cup (so include a home playoff game) and revenue from hosting, they could make 10 Million profit this year.  4 Million has been their typical profit.  

Have to wonder if the revenue sharing discussions ever start up if the gap of profitability of teams continue to increase.

The only concern with revenue sharing is that it can become a crutch for poor teams and rather than work on their own markets might just say "Let the prairies pay for it" I wouldn't be opposed to revenue sharing in the CFL, it's small enough and one guy already owns 25% of the league and several other teams are community owned, but I don't wanna see a situation where a couple problem areas never get fixed because other teams are dragging them along for the ride. 

The only concern with revenue sharing is that it can become a crutch for poor teams and rather than work on their own markets might just say "Let the prairies pay for it" I wouldn't be opposed to revenue sharing in the CFL, it's small enough and one guy already owns 25% of the league and several other teams are community owned, but I don't wanna see a situation where a couple problem areas never get fixed because other teams are dragging them along for the ride. 

I agree, I wasn't promoting it.  Why should other teams pay for all the people the Bomber's are still paying who are no longer on staff.  

The topic usually starts to come up when there is a large disparity of income between teams.  The argument usually being that the league won't "survive" without all the teams, so it is in the best interest of everyone to share the wealth.

The real question comes down to how much the cap goes up relative to the TV deal.  If the new TV revenue is split 50 / 50 between the cap increase and money to the teams, then it is a huge gain for all of the CFL.  If most of it goes to the cap, then we aren't much different then we are today.

They were talking on 1290 this morning that if Saskatchewan makes it to the Grey Cup (so include a home playoff game) and revenue from hosting, they could make 10 Million profit this year.  4 Million has been their typical profit.  

Have to wonder if the revenue sharing discussions ever start up if the gap of profitability of teams continue to increase.

The losses in 3 eastern markets are as big as the profits in Regina.  Luckily they have 3 owners as of now who are willing to sign off on them.  If Wetenhall died tomorrow, the Alouettes would be a big problem for the league.  Same goes for the Argos with Braley.  Young at least got a stadium built in Hamilton, so that should provide stability and a chance to make money.  The league is very far from being out of the woods.  The best hope for long-term stability is probably that MLSE takes on the Argos, and Molson takes on the Alouettes eventually.  But those conglomerates don't operate charities, so it could be tough to find owners.

The Bombers didn't get paid to move West because they asked to move. If they'd insisted on being paid, league would have had them stay East.

what?  They asked to move to the West?  What?

It makes sense.  Why would the CFL want them to move to the west?  What does it matter to them?  Either way you have five teams in one division.

Great....

We are a western city. Period. Our great history and tradition lies in the West. 

So, how long will it take us to fire up the ole rivalries with BC, Edmonton, and Calgary? Try about 5 minutes. To say nothing of the utter craziness, we'll have going on with the Riders, as a actual division rival....... 

As far as this "tougher division" stuff.....we just have to wipe our noses, hitch up our pants and get on with it. 

So, how long will it take us to fire up the ole rivalries with BC, Edmonton, and Calgary? Try about 5 minutes. To say nothing of the utter craziness, we'll have going on with the Riders, as a actual division rival....... 

as a Bomber fan I feel there is a rivalry with the whole league. I hate em all because of all the flip flopping there's grudges against everyone