The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

Never liked the Blue Jays but I always had a soft spot for the Expos, it also bothers me a bit that Hawk decided that if possible he would like a Cubs hat in HOF, that's a slap in the face to Montreal and fans of a Expos.

Yeah, I liked the Expos as well. Sad they couldn't get their stadium issues settled. Even to this day they can't seem to get their **** together to build a stadium. 

I'm no Blue Jays fan so my reaction to the craziness yesterday & the sober reality that Ohtani signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers is...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47x03r1433eksg9im8f1

It's just a fantasy (oh, oh, oh, oh)

It's not the real thing. (oh, oh, oh, oh)

It's not the real thing (oh, oh, oh, oh)

Sometimes a fantasy (oh.. oh.. oh.. oh)

Is all you need...

It was never going to happen. But if it did we'd have been force fed Ohtani for the next decade on every tv channel Rogers owns & every product Rogers sells. I am grateful he went elsewhere. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm no Blue Jays fan so my reaction to the craziness yesterday & the sober reality that Ohtani signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers is...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47x03r1433eksg9im8f1

It's not the real thing. (oh, oh, oh, oh)

It's not the real thing (oh, oh, oh, oh)

Sometimes a fantasy (oh.. oh.. oh.. oh)

Is all you need...

It was never going to happen. But if it did we'd have been force fed Ohtani for the next decade on every tv channel Rogers owns & every product Rogers sells. I am grateful he went elsewhere. 

Great song. Glass Houses is one of my favourite albums of all time.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Anyone think the Toronto media maybe got ahead of themselves a bit here? I heard ohtani wanted no leaks to the media, wonder if maybe someone leaked something yesterday and that turned him off? On tsn they had the "Ohtani watch" all afternoon yesterday 

From what I read he loved Southern California and wanted to be on a team that wins, there is only one team there that wants to win and that's the Dodgers. Mets were told no and the  Yankees were not players

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

From everything I've read, his agent used the Jays to up the Dodgers offer. Info was leaked to that Morosi guy in order to create Toronto hype, but it was always the Dodgers and trying to maximize what they could get from them. 

Smart to use the 2nd richest team against the team you want to play for. Ohtani ghosted the Mets, so they needed another team with deep pockets. 

I still genuinely believe Ohtani considered Toronto, but I've been convinced that he's always wanted to be a Dodger. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You were pretty excited.... ;)

Yes, I would have been extremely happy if he signed because of what it might have meant for baseball in Canada. 

But, at no time did I think Ohtani was on that plane. It made no sense whatsoever. 

And, I'm not crying that I was duped by some fringe Twitter accounts.