The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

7 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The Jays have among the best starting rotation, a beefed up bullpen and one of the best defenses in baseball.  Starting to see a few more long balls and timely hitting lately.  The only thing that scares me is middle relief, but hopefully Gausman, Bassitt and Berrios can render that concern moot.

It would help immensely to get some runs scored in the first 3 innnings.

They have six quality bullpen arms that can get them all the innings the need to cover.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Team couldn't clutch hit all year. Just terrible. Blame the manager but the players should wear this. 

Time to trade Vladdy. You need a left-fielder and someone who can play 3rd. Need a new DH, someone who can hit reliably. 

Kinda sounds like our team, Blue Jays always get set up to fail by the media in Toronto, they backed into the playoffs and a 2 game sweep showed they were never contenders.

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Team couldn't clutch hit all year. Just terrible. Blame the manager but the players should wear this. 

Time to trade Vladdy. You need a left-fielder and someone who can play 3rd. Need a new DH, someone who can hit reliably. 

Vladdy is way too young to give up on, but he does need to take his game more seriously. 

If the Jays can resign Kiermaier, they are set in the outfield.  Varsho plays the game the right way and will only get better.  Springer is under contract through 2026, I think.

No argument about DH, even though I find Belt hilarious.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Vladdy is way too young to give up on, but he does need to take his game more seriously. 

If the Jays can resign Kiermaier, they are set in the outfield.  Varsho plays the game the right way and will only get better.  Springer is under contract through 2026, I think.

No argument about DH, even though I find Belt hilarious.

Vladdy is at a point where he wants too much for what he delivers. If they can't extend him long-term this offseason, they never will. 

Kiermaier is not coming back. The plan has always been to move Varsho to centre. 

Springer is getting too old to be your everyday right-fielder, but he can still hold it down next year. 

You need a left-fielder and they'll promote a kid from AAA to play third, but you can't trust them to play everyday. 

Just now, bustamente said:

MLB in Vegas sure looks that way

It's been approved, already. Too bad for Oakland. Manfred should have pushed back on the entitled nepo baby. 

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Didn't make the playoffs but finally he won the Cy 

866p21.jpg

Unanimous decision. Absolutely deserved it.