The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

It's a great day to be a baseball fan in Canada is Shohei signs with the Blue Jays. I hate the Blue Jays but this would do so much to promote baseball in Canada, it would be phenomenal. The generational impact would be massive. 

I still think the Dodgers have the advantage, but I could see how Toronto would be intriguing for Ohtani. 

Kind of the way Vince Carter sparked a generation of basketball players north of the border. 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a great day to be a baseball fan in Canada is Shohei signs with the Blue Jays. I hate the Blue Jays but this would do so much to promote baseball in Canada, it would be phenomenal. The generational impact would be massive. 

I still think the Dodgers have the advantage, but I could see how Toronto would be intriguing for Ohtani. 

Kind of the way Vince Carter sparked a generation of basketball players north of the border. 

AND bring back the Expos!

Sorry my flyby post of the day. 🙂

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

How many media layoffs & radio closures will this signing cost Rodgers??? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

It'll be accelerated now. People will lose their jobs. They're losing big money on the NHL. So, why not pay $600 million for a baseball player?

They're losing money on the broadcasting rights to the NHL. The Blue Jays operate in a different sphere and they are profitable. It's about time that Rogers invested in that team. Second richest team in baseball and treat it like a small market. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

They're losing money on the broadcasting rights to the NHL. The Blue Jays operate in a different sphere and they are profitable. It's about time that Rogers invested in that team. Second richest team in baseball and treat it like a small market. 

We'll see what happens in the next couple of years. I fully expect Rodgers will cut because that's what they do. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Even if they do land him, I can't help but feel it'll go the way all things go when they're this hyped up by the Jays/Leafs/SNet/TSN...... it'll be hyped up as the greatest thing to ever happen........aaaand then a huge bust. Like he gets injured and doesn't end up having much impact at all. Maybe it's just all the years of being let down by stuff like this, but can't shake that feeling...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Even if they do land him, I can't help but feel it'll go the way all things go when they're this hyped up by the Jays/Leafs/SNet/TSN...... it'll be hyped up as the greatest thing to ever happen........aaaand then a huge bust. Like he gets injured and doesn't end up having much impact at all. Maybe it's just all the years of being let down by stuff like this, but can't shake that feeling...

He's too big to fail, TBH. Generational talent. Now, he's had two TJs, but he can still hit. And, he can play a position, if he doesn't pitch long-term. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

As much as I hate the Jays this would be a media frenzy that the city has never seen before, bigger than the what the Leafs face. All of Japan follows this guys ever move. I agree with @JCon he is a generational player and what he does and hopefully continues to do has never been seen before

Bigger than the Henoc Muamba CFL bus tour?