The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2024-01-12 at 11:50 AM, JCon said:

I don't love the move. He better be 4th or 5th on the rotation. We still need another starting arm before the season and more depth in the bullpen. 

Nicer weather and I'm starting to think about training camp, as for Stroman he had a great start but fizzled near the end of the year. Bullpen needs help for sure and Holmes blew a lot of games last year. 

19 hours ago, bustamente said:

Nicer weather and I'm starting to think about training camp, as for Stroman he had a great start but fizzled near the end of the year. Bullpen needs help for sure and Holmes blew a lot of games last year. 

The Stro-Show wasn't very healthy in the 2nd half. Let's hope he stays 100% all year. But, he's a Yankee now, so he'll need three months on the IL and TJ by September. 

My oldest has been playing baseball since September. Indoor camps since November. Just the sound of the bat each week makes me miss summer. 

I'm sitting, watching him now. 

Disappointed they didn't add Hader. But, no way I'm giving him 5/96. That's too much, for too long. 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Stro-Show wasn't very healthy in the 2nd half. Let's hope he stays 100% all year. But, he's a Yankee now, so he'll need three months on the IL and TJ by September. 

My oldest has been playing baseball since September. Indoor camps since November. Just the sound of the bat each week makes me miss summer. 

I'm sitting, watching him now. 

Disappointed they didn't add Hader. But, no way I'm giving him 5/96. That's too much, for too long. 

I just hope Holmes has a bounce back season he was very hittable down the stretch. We need some solid starters behind Cole this year on solid start every 6 days is not good enough also GianCarlo and Judge to stay healthy tho I think GianCarlo's best days are way behind him.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I just hope Holmes has a bounce back season he was very hittable down the stretch. We need some solid starters behind Cole this year on solid start every 6 days is not good enough also GianCarlo and Judge to stay healthy tho I think GianCarlo's best days are way behind him.

I think Holmes got tired. I'm not worried if we can't keep some releivers healthy this year. Spread out the workload. Losing King in rhe bullpen is going to hurt but he was done there anyhow. 

Stanton still played a lot of games last year but was ineffective. I just hope he's our second choice dh this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jenny Cavnar will be “the first female primary play-by-play voice in Major League Baseball history” and “will call a majority of A’s games,” NBC Sports California announces. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/woman-voice-mlb-team-oakland-as-jenny-cavnar-play-rcna138661

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the theft of a life-sized Jackie Robinson statue in Kansas that was later found burned and in pieces, authorities say. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-charged-theft-jackie-robinson-statue-was-found-burned-kansas-rcna138683

11 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Jenny Cavnar will be “the first female primary play-by-play voice in Major League Baseball history” and “will call a majority of A’s games,” NBC Sports California announces. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/woman-voice-mlb-team-oakland-as-jenny-cavnar-play-rcna138661

I'm going to miss Cavnar on MLB Radio. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rumours are the ppl in Vegas aren’t thrilled about the As going there. Not because they aren’t baseball fans but because the owner is a ****** and has built quite the reputation over the years of being a penny pincher. 

golden knights work there because they are good. The nfl works there cuz it’s a machine. A bad baseball team with an owner who doesn’t have the best reputation? Not gonna work. 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, iHeart said:

I don't know the exterior looks a little too much like the Opera House in Sydney

and apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way 

Doesn’t really look like the opera house. I mean kinda but on closer inspection, not really at all. 

35 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Basketball will be in Vegas in 5 years making it a 4 sport town and I bet nobody would of thought that about a destination city.

shouldn't this be in the NBA thread?

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

shouldn't this be in the NBA thread?

It's a continuation of the MLB story, just like mentioning the the Golden Knights. 

--------

Jays - Yankees this weekend. Should be fun. I hope Stro-Show throws high and in on Bichette to get the rivalry going. (I don't want him to hit him)

The only thing I don't like about the Jays-Yankees series is that I have to listen to the Jays godawful announcing, with the exception of Shulman. 

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a continuation of the MLB story, just like mentioning the the Golden Knights. 

--------

Jays - Yankees this weekend. Should be fun. I hope Stro-Show throws high and in on Bichette to get the rivalry going. (I don't want him to hit him)

The only thing I don't like about the Jays-Yankees series is that I have to listen to the Jays godawful announcing, with the exception of Shulman. 

Not me I will watch on Yes or Fox before watching on Rogers

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Not me I will watch on Yes or Fox before watching on Rogers

I have MLB TV but they block it for the inferior Sportsnet coverage. Buck is so out of touch. 

25 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I have an android box with Kodi installed watch pretty well whatever I want

For those who do not have Kodi....  a good ad blocker + sportsurge.net   can get you most streams for any sports.   

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

For those who do not have Kodi....  a good ad blocker + sportsurge.net   can get you most streams for any sports.   

Yup there are many avenues to get what you want streamed and not be beholden to cable companies and corporations that have consumers by the nuts.