The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Well, if you like watching sports with a playoff feel every night for 3 months, you can't do better than being a Blue Jays fan right now.

Fun times.  Can't wait for the "soft part" of the schedule to start.

need the M's to start dropping some games. Frig. Big win vs O's last night... need to string together a bunch like that. 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

need the M's to start dropping some games. Frig. Big win vs O's last night... need to string together a bunch like that. 

Seattle's in their "soft part" of the sched, but full credit for the win streak.  At least Texas and Houston are fading and the Yanks are out of the picture.

All I can say is what took them so long, the guy gets hurt by just putting his jersey on and can't hit worth a damn, even his fielding was terrible this year. Oh well 31 games left in a terrible season, might be time to see some changes for both manager and GM.

10 hours ago, bustamente said:

All I can say is what took them so long, the guy gets hurt by just putting his jersey on and can't hit worth a damn, even his fielding was terrible this year. Oh well 31 games left in a terrible season, might be time to see some changes for both manager and GM.

And to think he was getting like 20 million per season !    

• 2 weeks later...

The Jays have among the best starting rotation, a beefed up bullpen and one of the best defenses in baseball.  Starting to see a few more long balls and timely hitting lately.  The only thing that scares me is middle relief, but hopefully Gausman, Bassitt and Berrios can render that concern moot.

It would help immensely to get some runs scored in the first 3 innnings.

33 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The Jays have among the best starting rotation, a beefed up bullpen and one of the best defenses in baseball.  Starting to see a few more long balls and timely hitting lately.  The only thing that scares me is middle relief, but hopefully Gausman, Bassitt and Berrios can render that concern moot.

It would help immensely to get some runs scored in the first 3 innnings.

Last I heard, Kikuchi was gonna be used outta the pen as well which could help.

If they can get the bars going, they have the D side of things covered...