Argos @ Esks

USABomberfan

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, we need Toronto to win this game to clinch a WSF home date

What difference is it going to make if the majority of our best players are injured?

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

What difference is it going to make if the majority of our best players are injured?

Well that's where recruitment comes in.  Calgary lost one of their very best players at the start of the season.  They lost a few others to injury, some of their best O-linemen to other teams in free agency (Denis, Bryant) and the NFL the past few years, yet they still appear to have the best talent and depth in the league.  Our depth has improved, but our recruitment needs to be better if we want to compete with a multitude of injuries.

As it stands, I think Edmonton has more injuries to key starters than the Bombers this year so if they meet in the playoffs there is no reason the Bombers can't win a semi-final game.  Finals are another matter obviously.

On the OB pregame show, it was reported that the Bombers have had the fewest player-games lost to injuries, so I guess we were due. Leggett went down after falling to the ground catching a short kickoff, so I think its likely he will be ok. Our receiving core was barely good enough before Adams went down, so it looks like we are in trouble there.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

On the OB pregame show, it was reported that the Bombers have had the fewest player-games lost to injuries, so I guess we were due. Leggett went down after falling to the ground catching a short kickoff, so I think its likely he will be ok. Our receiving core was barely good enough before Adams went down, so it looks like we are in trouble there.

Yep, recruitment needs to be better.

27 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

That's enough time for at least some of them to get healthy, and perhaps Lapolice to start being more agressive on playcalling.

We have what, a month? That's not very much time for injuries that look to require surgery. Flanders hammy *might* be a candidate for an early return but the fear there would be tearing it again. Hamstrings can be a ***** to get healthy again.

Agree completely regarding Lapo's playcalling. He needs to be less mad scientist and more Bill Billichek.

31 minutes ago, tracker said:

Remember when Darian Durant went down with his achilles tendon? That looked completely harmless but it finished him. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer here and I hope you're right.

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Remember when Darian Durant went down with his achilles tendon? That looked completely harmless but it finished him. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer here and I hope you're right.

You may well be right. What gives me reason for hope is that Leggett seemed to have gotten his injury when already on the ground as opposed to when he jumped contracting his Achilles tendon. Someone I knew who sustained one of those said that the instant it happened, it felt like someone slammed an axe into his calf/ankle and he did his while leaping in a Tennis game.  He described the pain as overwhelming and instantaneous. Leggett's injury may be as serious, but at a glance, it seemed to be different reactions. With a torn Achilles' tendon the attending medical staff immediately try to tape the foot so that the toe extends downwards to relieve any further damage to a partially torn tendon or muscle. At least that was the way it was done then.

Edited by tracker

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

You may well be right. What gives me reason for hope is that Leggett seemed to have gotten his injury when already on the ground as opposed to when he jumped contracting his Achilles tendon. Someone I knew who sustained one of those said that the instant it happened, it felt like someone slammed an axe into his calf/ankle and he did his while leaping in a Tennis game.  He described the pain as overwhelming and instantaneous. Leggett's injury may be as serious, but at a glance, it seemed to be different reactions. With a torn Achilles' tendon the attending medical staff immediately try to tape the foot so that the toe extends downwards to relieve any further damage to a partially torn tendon or muscle. At least that was the way it was done then.

Interesting. When they were helping Mo off the field he was putting no pressure on that leg at all and looked to be in terrible pain.

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

but we don't want to lose all our games do we? but if we have to lose the remaining regular season games of the season I don't know if I want the Home playoff that badly

Umm.. What? 

Seriously we are 11 and 4. We have 3 games left. Edmonton is 9 and 6. 3 games left. We can finish 14 and 4 if we win out.. Edmonton can at best finish 12 and 6.. We have 11 wins... If we win any of our remaining 3 games we get a home playoff game.